Ride Wait Times 2023

IndyGuy4KI

5 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

Dude, it’s early on. 

It takes some time to process, analyze, and diagnose. I can tell you a few cases where companies have been too eager to provide communications and the provided information was incorrect.

Give me a break. Getting on a PA and saying anything to the 1,000's of people standing out here would be appreciated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

3 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

10:52 and there is a major delay getting into the park. No ETA on letting us in. As of this post.  Has ANYONE come on the PA to tell us why? Any social media post? Absolutely NOT!

Where is the "communications" department?

PXL_20231001_145031232.jpg

You all act like we heard Don's voice over the PA the whole time he was here lol.  We have had temp glitches like this in the past that never made KI official social media pages.

I doubt marketing/PR even has access to the PA system.  It is probably a completely different department and maybe that department was too busy trying to get the system going.

Or maybe the PA system is thru the computer system that was down so they couldn't access it for a live announcement.  Kinda like how some businesses have their phones thru IP so if internet is down, so are the phones.

My understanding is that associates were walking around conveying the message to folks.  

Not everything bad that happens is a result of Don not being here and the result would have been the same regardless...

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Taylor.B03 said:

To be fair, on labor day when the park experienced a power outage, there was social media announcements made 

True that one the park lost power at 9:30am and Duke gave an estimated time and they knew it early enough to say something.

A computer going down could have happened at 10:29am and they thought it would just be a few minutes and turned into an hour.

But we don't know what was happening behind the scenes and some seem quick to blame that Don being gone is the reason why they were not communicated to lol.  Contrary to popular belief he didn't run the park lol.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tr0y said:

They’re trying to figure out which white shoe matches the one in the leaked KD coaster photo. :P

I'm sure whoever took the picture has left the state.  Probably hiding in Tennessee before stopping at KD next weekend with the plans.  Hope they took the right set :P

image.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, disco2000 said:

You all act like we heard Don's voice over the PA the whole time he was here lol.  We have had temp glitches like this in the past that never made KI official social media pages.

I doubt marketing/PR even has access to the PA system.  It is probably a completely different department and maybe that department was too busy trying to get the system going.

Or maybe the PA system is thru the computer system that was down so they couldn't access it for a live announcement.  Kinda like how some businesses have their phones thru IP so if internet is down, so are the phones.

My understanding is that associates were walking around conveying the message to folks.  

Not everything bad that happens is a result of Don not being here and the result would have been the same regardless...

How did you jump to Don here? I called out communications not a person. I have had many discussions with Don in the past about how things have been communicated. Sometimes almost to a  heated discussion. 

The welcome to KI spiels were going. Even if the PA was down, they have to have a bull horn on premise somewhere. Yes the ambassadors were walking around chatting with some people which was nice. That I appreciate, but there was to many people to get to for them to be effective. They could have been handed a bull horn and gotten the word out and many would have been put to ease. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

How did you jump to Don here? I called out communications not a person. I have had many discussions with Don in the past about how things have been communicated. Sometimes almost to a  heated discussion. 

The welcome to KI spiels were going. Even if the PA was down, they have to have a bull horn on premise somewhere. Yes the ambassadors were walking around chatting with some people which was nice. That I appreciate, but there was to many people to get to for them to be effective. They could have been handed a bull horn and gotten the word out and many would have been put to ease. 

You putting "communications" in quotes screams continuing the comms bashing narrative the site seems to have become since Don left.

Maybe that wasn't your intent, but that was the message potentially being conveyed...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

You putting "communications" in quotes screams continuing the comms bashing narrative the site seems to have become since Don left.

Maybe that wasn't your intent, but that was the message potentially being conveyed...

That may have been my own fault for my personal frustrations with the situation, but was meant to just say the was no communication. I felt bad for the ambassadors for they were not equipped enough to really get the message out 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is DrNightmare REALLY a show deserving of an actual stage in the center of the park? WTH was that? That could’ve easily been in coney on the mini stage or Action Zone or… no where and it would be fine. Wow. 

edit-but my 9 year old wouldn’t leave… new target demographic NAILED!

sorry-wrong thread. Delete! 

• Like 1

• IndyGuy4KI unfeatured and unpinned this topic