Cool new (minor) I-Street feature

BoddaH1994

Love to see this.

I remember in December of 2019 being told that we were getting a new marquee sign. I was so excited, because all I could think of was when Kings Dominion got their new marquee sign and it was their vintage logo. I walked into my training session in June of 2020 and saw the construction workers installing the new sign. I ran over, so excited....only to see it was exactly the same as the old one. The only difference is that the new one is lit internally. Talk about disappointing! Bring back the vintage logo!!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Taylor.B03 said:

I saw that on Saturday, I thought they looked a bit stretched to the circle shape when looking at it, in these photos it looks much less distorted!

The lenses on the fixture can distort the light a bit, but it’s usually negligible. The logos are stretched vertically a small amount due to the angle the light is shining at, but there’s no way to fix that. :D

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Timchat2 said:

The Golden Celebration would have been a perfect (golden?) opportunity to switch back to the classic logo. This addition is an encouraging sign that someone at the park loves it as much as we do.

Agree. They missed that moment. Wish fun fireworks and 50 the new logo transitioned to the OLD instead of the other way. Of well. At least this is a really cool way of referring to to past AND the present together and 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brenthodge said:

Agree. They missed that moment. Wish fun fireworks and 50 the new logo transitioned to the OLD instead of the other way. Of well. At least this is a really cool way of referring to to past AND the present together and 

I feel the opposite. Going from the classic to the 50th was, to be, like the past and the present shaking hands. It kicked me right in the feels. 

• Like 2