2024 Operating Calendar is Posted.

disco2000

Some highlights....um lowlights...

Opening Day April 20th 10am to 9pm.

May weekday hours are 10am to 6pm and 9pm weekend closes (7pm on Sundays) until Memorial Day weekend.

No closing hours past 10pm during daily operation (not showing Haunt yet), but 10pm closes for 4th of July.

Daily operation ends August 12th.  No 8pm closes in August as they removed a week from historical operation.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 6

Would you prefer they understaff rides, attractions, and eateries, or pull back slightly on hours? There's no shortage of evidence that a lot of the same people would complain in either case. Worse still, it's often passholders who visit a ton and spend very little (i.e. have a nonexistent per cap) who do almost all of the complaining.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DispatchMaster said:

Would you prefer they understaff rides, attractions, and eateries, or pull back slightly on hours? There's no shortage of evidence that a lot of the same people would complain in either case. Worse still, it's often passholders who visit a ton and spend very little (i.e. have a nonexistent per cap) who do almost all of the complaining.

We all know they will continue to understaff rides, attractions, and eateries as well....  You think these reduced hours means the Freestyle Machine location by the train will never be closed?  They won't cut back on train hours?

And of course people are going to complain regardless, isn't that what the internet and "social media" sites are all about :P

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, DispatchMaster said:

Okay, now do cutting Winterfest shows but still charging the same admission price.

I’ll go first!

”OmG would U rAthEr THey havE showZ wiT pREformers Wit frOggy thrOTES.” 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

...isn't that what the internet and "social media" sites are all about...

Indeed, there is clearly a large cohort of people who are convinced complaining about the value of something online is way more effective than, you know, just not purchasing that thing instead. 

24 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Okay, now do cutting Winterfest shows but still charging the same admission price.

See above.

And again, it's always the self-important passholders who visit the park 150 times each season and spend $4 per visit who do the vast majority of the complaining that the park doesn't value their patronage or whatever. It's as adorable as it is predictable.

Meanwhile, millions of guests with a much, much higher per cap will visit the park once or twice, have a fantastic time, and come back the following year. It's almost like the park would prefer one guest over the other! :lol:

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, DispatchMaster said:

But, according to the comms director, ki had a waiting list.  And it's inferred that the labor market is good in mason. 

Maybe employees who were driving 45 minutes to work and getting sent home after an hour, on a consistent basis, are finally not putting up with it anymore and getting jobs elsewhere, causing a bad labor pool for ki.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, DispatchMaster said:

Or maybe the park crunched the numbers and decided their operating hours could be cut and it would not affect attendance, revenue, etc. Which is a perfectly reasonable and appropriate business decision.

And, as predicted, there are mindless park sycophants who will applaud the park for offering much less for the same or higher prices. The Soviets used to call them, “useful idiots.” 

I hope the taste of that sphincter is worth your integrity. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, disco2000 said:

Some highlights....um lowlights...

Opening Day April 20th 10am to 9pm.

May weekday hours are 10am to 6pm and 9pm weekend closes (7pm on Sundays) until Memorial Day weekend.

No closing hours past 10pm during daily operation (not showing Haunt yet), but 10pm closes for 4th of July.

Daily operation ends August 12th.  No 8pm closes in August as they removed a week from historical operation.

Wow. If this continues to next year I don’t think I’ll be renewing my pass. I used to love going Friday mornings when kids would have school and there would be no lines but now I can’t go on Friday’s in August until 5pm. That is outrageous.

Only 1 public operating day this entire April??? We used to be open 3 weekends in April a couple years ago. At least we still have 10pm closes in the summer months. Enjoy that while you can until it’s 8pm closes in a couple years.

1 minute ago, Orion742 said:

Wow. If this continues to next year I don’t think I’ll be renewing my pass. I used to love going Friday mornings when kids would have school and there would be no lines but now I can’t go on Friday’s in August until 5pm. That is outrageous.

Only 1 public operating day this entire April??? We used to be open 3 weekends in April a couple years ago. At least we still have 10pm closes in the summer months. Enjoy that while you can until it’s 8pm closes in a couple years.

Be careful. If you make purchasing decisions based on the value of the product that they are offering then @DispatchMaster might call you a complainer or something.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

I concur that given the price of gold pass over the years that it hasn’t been priced in relation with inflation. It should be at least $30 more.

Yet instead of increasing the pricing on passes, they opted to reduce hours.

I’m not sure which option I would rather have.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tr0y said:

I concur that given the price of gold pass over the years that it hasn’t been priced in relation with inflation. It should be at least $30 more.

Yet instead of increasing the pricing on passes, they opted to reduce hours.

I’m not sure which option I would rather have.

I’ve had the same thoughts. Dollywood charges $200 for a Gold Pass and many would say they offer a product in-kind. I wish KI would do the same. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I’ve had the same thoughts. Dollywood charges $200 for a Gold Pass and many would say they offer a product in-kind. I wish KI would do the same. 

Exactly. I’m going to Disney this winter and 1 ticket cost as much as a gold pass.

2 minutes ago, Tr0y said:

Exactly. I’m going to Disney this winter and 1 ticket cost as much as a gold pass.

To put it in even more perspective I am getting four tickets. One for each park at Disney World.

For the price that it is going to cost me, I could enjoy a whole season of flavor infused water and chips. :P

• Like 1

Just now, Tr0y said:

Oh yeah. My gf and I are APs, and that’s huge on its own, but she got us tickets to the Christmas Party in December which is almost $200 each. You get what you pay for.

I don’t think that anyone is arguing that WF or Haunt should be a $200 affair, but having the event overly-accessible and offsetting that by cutting stuff is short-sighted. Sure, I bet people will show up this year. But even if they don’t notice particular things that are cut they likely will notice that there is less to do. This affects the perceived value. This sort of thing affects future attendance and season pass sales that they really want at firs. Dropping attendance will make them rethink the event on the basis of, “lack of public interest” which was essentially self-imposed. 

Think of it this way: have you ever asked someone if they go to KI (or any park) and they say they haven’t gone in years because because it’s always crowded and the lines are always long. Seems to be common feedback to me. Now imagine intentionally making that perception a reality. Will that end well for them? Time will tell. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tr0y said:

To put it in even more perspective I am getting four tickets. One for each park at Disney World.

For the price that it is going to cost me, I could enjoy a whole season of flavor infused water and chips. :P

Flavor was subject to availability

caveat emptor

7 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

To be fair,

• the Sevierville/Gatlinburg area has a slightly better Spring and Fall climate
  • it's more of a destination park
  • and it will operate 335 days in 2024 

3 minutes ago, Outdoor Man said:

To be fair,

Someone here probably wouldn't consider Dollywood a destination park cross-threading lol)....

• Haha 1

Just now, Outdoor Man said:

To be fair,

$200 is the price I’ve paid the past 3 years. 
Why would the fact that it’s a destination park affect the season pass price? I would understand for Disney and the likes, but I would see DW as just a park that floated to the top of the seasonal park pool. 

And I wasn’t necessarily saying it should be $200 for the sake of Winterfest. I meant that overall the product is comparably better than most, and they charge a rightful premium for it.

1 minute ago, BoddaH1994 said:

$200 is the price I’ve paid the past 3 years. 
Why would the fact that it’s a destination park affect the season pass price? I would understand for Disney and the likes, but I would see DW as just a park that floated to the top of the seasonal park pool. 

And I wasn’t necessarily saying it should be $200 for the sake of Winterfest. I meant that overall the product is comparably better than most, and they charge a rightful premium for it.

You pay a heck of a lot more for your Dollywood and Disney AP and visit those less than CF parks with their cheaper pass and a park essentially in your backyard.

So why wouldn't a higher pass price for CF properties not work?

2 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

You pay a heck of a lot more for your Dollywood and Disney AP and visit those less than CF parks with their cheaper pass and a park essentially in your backyard.

So why wouldn't a higher pass price for CF properties not work?

Because their business plan is to make the parks radically accessible to everyone. They’ve set that expectation, and it would be a hard, incremental thing to walk back. 

1 minute ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Because their business plan is to make the parks radically accessible to everyone. They’ve set that expectation, and it would be a hard, incremental thing to walk back. 

Well after the comments made by Six Flags CEO that could possibly be a thing in the near future.