Best giga coaster in Ohio?

Orion742

Best giga coaster in Ohio?  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

-The best rides I've had on MF are better than Orion
-But Orion will consistently give you airtime where as most of my rides on MF have little airtime
-I like the sections on MF where you stay low to the ground and get to appreciate the speed.
-I prefer Orion's sort-of-a-waveturn hill more than Millie's gray-out hill after the drop.
-MF gives you better views and multiple tunnels.
-Orion's speed hill is probably the best element on either ride.

So yeah its pretty close. I give the nod to Orion just because its easier to get on. :P

• Like 2

Milli is the better coaster and at least nobody has to argue IF it's a giga coaster or not. I personally have tried to figure out the criteria because if it's lift hill based for giga and hyper, Orion is definitely a hyper but that would mean phantom's revenge is not a hyper. That doesn't seem right to me so if I go on size of drop, meaning phantom is a hyper and Orion is a giga, that means the original hyper coaster Magnum XL 200 isn't a hyper (drop is only 195'). This also seems wrong so for my personal criteria I classify any coaster with a lift hill or a drop of 200' as a hyper and any coaster with a lift hill or drop of 300' as a hyper. So yes, according to me Orion is a giga. 

I think Milli has a greater sense of speed from the low to the ground elements, tunnels, and lack of trim breaks. Orion has the better first drop but it suffers from some elements that are subpar to me. The wave turn at the top of the second hill doesn't do much and the orion's belt helix is forceful yet boring. Orion doesn't deserve all the hate it gets but it's definitely not the top giga coaster. My giga rankings are as follows - 1. Intimidator 305, 2. Millennium Force, 3. Fury 325, 4. Orion, 5. Leviathan. Maybe one day I'll win the lottery and go to Japan to get steel dragon 2000

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, johnjniehaus said:

Milli is the better coaster and at least nobody has to argue IF it's a giga coaster or not. I personally have tried to figure out the criteria because if it's lift hill based for giga and hyper, Orion is definitely a hyper but that would mean phantom's revenge is not a hyper. That doesn't seem right to me so if I go on size of drop, meaning phantom is a hyper and Orion is a giga, that means the original hyper coaster Magnum XL 200 isn't a hyper (drop is only 195'). This also seems wrong so for my personal criteria I classify any coaster with a lift hill or a drop of 200' as a hyper and any coaster with a lift hill or drop of 300' as a hyper. So yes, according to me Orion is a giga. 

I think Milli has a greater sense of speed from the low to the ground elements, tunnels, and lack of trim breaks. Orion has the better first drop but it suffers from some elements that are subpar to me. The wave turn at the top of the second hill doesn't do much and the orion's belt helix is forceful yet boring. Orion doesn't deserve all the hate it gets but it's definitely not the top giga coaster. My giga rankings are as follows - 1. Intimidator 305, 2. Millennium Force, 3. Fury 325, 4. Orion, 5. Leviathan. Maybe one day I'll win the lottery and go to Japan to get steel dragon 2000

To add to this, Orion and Millennium force have the same exact height for the first drop. (300ft)

• Like 1

This was kind of a tough one for me personally as I love them both for different reasons. Millie only gets the edge from me because that view from the front seat over the lake and the overall insanely fun sense of speed is felt more (to me) and I am incredibly nostalgic for the station music ( I actually have it set as my ringtone ) and the overall energy of the ride gets me hype.

Orion is a great coaster that I enjoy riding a lot. The first drop feels stronger but Millie's speed feels more maintained than Orion's. Orion, IMO, has the better ops and capacity so it is far less stressful to manage in terms of getting the preferred seating for it. That has been really my biggest gripe about Millie. The way FL is set up. I remember the original access to the station was through the door facing the lift hill. 

As someone who primarily rides the front/back seat of coasters for the maximum thrill factor, Orion is great in the front and the back. Millie-TO ME-is best in the front as I have tried the very back and have ridden other seats the very front is the only place I truly enjoy riding it. Again-personal preference. I will wait the extra time for the front since that is my absolute favorite choice place to sit.

I find both seating styles comfortable. The reclined clamshell design found on B&M hyper/gigas is always an enjoyable experience while I find Millie's seats comfortable in a different way. They are more rigid, but I enjoy the T-bar restraint giving a more open-air cockpit feeling. I find that adds to the sensation of speed and freedom while riding in the front. 

Overall, they are both great rides and I enjoy them both for different reasons, but Millie still just has that something extra that while being a little more frustrating to ride in terms of ops, is worth it for the incredible ride she gives.

I prefer Millenium Force.  I like that you get to enjoy its high speed with areas lower to the ground passing trees and other things at 80+ mph.  Orion feels too similar to more typical hyper coasters with some extra height.  Orion is still a good coaster, its just I want a little more out of gigas with the added speed they have to play with.  I like a balance between higher elements and low to the ground elements.  For me, Fury is the creme de la creme of gigas, and for me, MF is the next best example which does with Fury does (which, I have high hopes for Leviathan whenever I get to CW).   I do prefer Orion to P305 as the KD ride, while nice, focuses too much on sheer intensity for me.  I prefer a giga be a scaled up hyper coaster over the hyper-intense focus of P305.  

• Like 1

For me Orion has the edge by quite a bit. Maybe I've just had bad rides on Millie, but Orion just seems so much crazier and more forceful. For me Orion has stand out moments (the speed hill, the wave turn, the twisted hill, and the pop into the brakes) and moments that don't necessarily hit nearly as much as they should or could (the turnaround, floater hill, helix). Millie is more consistent in having fun elements one after the other, but they just aren't that forceful. I have the same "problem" with Fury 325, though Fury does it much better.

• Like 1