Paramounts Kings Islands Campground?

When I was a kid I vaguely remember staying at a campground in the late 90s/early 2000s where Great Wolf Lodge is currently, I remember it being a Yogi Bear Campground later renamed to Paramount Campground, does anybody else remember this or am I going crazy because I can't find anything about it online, thank you! :D

The Kings Island campground was on the site where Great Wolf Lodge is currently. You used to be able to get a good view of it from Top Gun.

The campground land was sold, and trees were cleared for Great Wolf in 2005. I remember being hopeful that the clearing was for a ride.

The campground was great, and a nice, low-cost alternative to staying in a hotel. Stayed there several times. It was nice, clean and a short walk or tram ride to the park. I wish it was still there. The Cedars campground is too expensive (and stabby) for my tastes. We've stayed at a nearby campground/canoe place, but it's a bit rustic (but you do get to camp right next to the river). 

5 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Yep camped there many times. Don't get me started on my buying a camper in 2005 (specifically to take it to that campground) and finding out it would never reopen again.

Do you still have said camper?

Up until about about 5 years ago. We did camp other places. When I bought the camper, my wife at the time was pregnant with my first child. Knowing she was limited to basically the train and shows at the park, I wanted her to be able to go back to the campsite in A/C to rest from getting tired or just pain boredom. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Yep camped there many times. Don't get me started on my buying a camper in 2005 (specifically to take it to that campground) and finding out it would never reopen again.

You sound bitter;)