The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

3 hours ago, rhyano said:

GCI makes a ton of large wooden coasters, I don't consider a 109ft tall GCI roller coaster a "small" wooden coaster, same can be said for Thunderhead at Dollywood, the same can be said with over examples, Maverick is only 105ft, but that's a 21 million dollar investment, Mystery Mine is 85ft and that was 17.5 million dollars, right now the largest GCI built is Wodan at Europa Park at 131ft, and I think there's one in China that I can't remember the name of the park. I really think enthusiasts underestimate how much a roller coaster actually costs to construct, even when RMCs were on the cheaper end to build, they were still millions of dollars and parks don't just drop millions of dollars everyday, Brad Thomas has a great quote in Devin Olson's Outlaw Run documentary: "10.5 million dollars for any company is significant, we don't take our investments lightly"

Uh, Viper in China is 160.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

Of course Coasters are expensive. It just you can't compare some additions. Like you can't compare TTD to Mystic.  CF has the money to build whatever what want and when they want it.

That is not true. They are still going to finance the cost, not pay cash. They use going to use cash for operating cost like utilities, mortgage, and salaries. They still have to prove they are a good candidate for the loan just like someone for a house mortgage.

20 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I wish Cedar Fair could go back to having a DJ in the queue lines like on Magnum XL-200. I think it would be perfect for a giga coaster at night to get people pumped to ride.

I think their answer to that is FUN TV. 

There are pros and Cons to using the SOB station.

Pro...A throwback to the memory of SOB   Con...Reminding people that SOB ever existed and its numerous issues

Pro...Support Steel, roof, power, utilities are all there   Con...  While the station would certainly have to be retrofitted the money saved would be peanuts in comparison to the overall cost of a giga

Pro... Lots of room to run behind Banshee (assuming you can get past Banshee and out to that free area from there)  Con... perhaps too much foot traffic in that 1 spot, major congestion

Pro...  Que Line is largely in place  Con... Said Que line has little to no themeing, something which thankfully they've hit heavy on with their recent additions.

As mentioned in point 2, the station is a small chunk of the cost to build the coaster, and whatever retrofitting that needs to be done, will certainly offset some of those savings.  I think primarily, its got to be location, location, location as the determining factor if they ever use that station again for a coaster (giga or otherwise)  They can certainly put it the building to good use for other purposes if they so desired.

Frankly, all signs point towards Coney/X-Base/Oktoberfest getting the next big thing, whenever that should be.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

That is not true. They are still going to finance the cost, not pay cash. They use going to use cash for operating cost like utilities, mortgage, and salaries. They still have to prove they are a good candidate for the loan just like someone for a house mortgage.

I understand that haha. I was just stating that they can build any ride at any time. Meaning there is no limit to how much CF would spend on a coaster (reasonably). If they wanted to spend $45 mill they would.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I think their answer to that is FUN TV. 

Fun TV is okay, but it gets boring. I want the queue to be turned into a dance party for night rides. I also thought that they could run blacklight through the station and at night, they turn the station and lights into blacklights to get the riders pumped up. Like look at Bowling Alleys where they have the regular lights on and then they turn them off and the blacklights come on. I think that would be perfect for night time on Power Force or whatever they will name the giga (if KI gets one).

• Like 2

Will " Power Force" Have a hill that looks like a man part then the rest like Mill Force? You know kinda like Power tower does at CP? I sure hope not. S&S needs a kick in the backside of selling that to us! lol

• Like 1

They aren't going to put DJs in. Half of the time when they had them at CP they were never staffed. I'd rather not be annoyed by someone trying to hype up the crowd nor the music being so loud I can't have a conversation with my friends in line. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Maverick44 said:

Will " Power Force" Have a hill that looks like a man part then the rest like Mill Force? You know kinda like Power tower does at CP? I sure hope not. S&S needs a kick in the backside of selling that to us! lol

Haha! No. Power Force would have it's own theme. It'd be in the Xbase area and it would be themed to these 2 inventors named Professor Know it all and Lackey who set up their base known as Xbase to make and show off their latest inventions. Their first invention is Flight of Fear which is made to simulate flying through space inside a dark building. Then their next invention was Firehawk which was made to simulate flying on your belly like Superman. Then after Firehawk got released. They weren't heard from for a while. The only thing people knew was that they are creating their next big invention for Xbase. In 2021, their latest invention is released! It is made to simulate going up into the sky and free falling and going through several turns and coming up out of your seat like you are floating in outer space with all that power being forced onto you. It's released! It's Power Force! Now, this is just my idea. It's very possible that the theming would be different and it could be in a new section of the park. Or we could never get a giga. We just don't know.

• Like 1

This is my best prediction if a Giga is built. Not saying they need it, but it makes sense to what land is available and access to it. I think it would help bring more traffic to the back corner of the park where they need it. Here is a mirrored Fury 325 that is to scale.

5d4d9d9b9012f14924697a14d725f834.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

22 hours ago, Oldschool75 said:

This is my best prediction if a Giga is built. Not saying they need it, but it makes sense to what land is available and access. I think it would help bring more traffic to the back corner of the park where they need it. Here is a mirrored Fury 325 that is to scale.

I honestly believe this is the most realistic concept that has been circling around, I made something similar pages ago. I think the old LCS land is heavily underused and would be a perfect spot for a giga.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Oldschool75 said:

This is my best prediction if a Giga is built. Not saying they need it, but it makes sense to what land is available and access. I think it would help bring more traffic to the back corner of the park where they need it. Here is a mirrored Fury 325 that is to scale.

That would be a perfect spot for Power Force or whatever they'll call it. Here is one thing, they can make some pathways around the maintenance buildings (there would be a fence to keep people out of there during operation) so that it can be an Xbase expansion. Just make the paths attractive to get people back there.

1 hour ago, Maverick44 said:

Isn't that what outer limits is though?  That's the theme for that coaster!

That was when Paramount owned the park. Having a similar backstory to a brand new huge scream machine would be a nice touch. This wouldn't be what outer limits was though. This would be themed to a new invention that the wonderful inventors by the names of Profeesor Know it all and Lackey made to release in their base known as Xbase. Power Force would simulate climbing up into the sky and free falling while going through several turns and being lifted up out of your seat by the extreme power that forces you out of your seat while Flight of Fear simulates going into space inside a dark building and Firehawk simulates flying like super man. 

• Like 1

On 4/23/2018 at 9:21 PM, Gannersdaddy said:

I heard the rumor that it was being switched with Maverick at CP.  Not sure how much I believe this though

I'm about 99.99999% that's not happening. But I'd gladly take it!!!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

Okay, so I got word there were survey markers by The Racer/Action Theatre I went and checked, and amazingly there are markers and sprayed survey points by the old entry to Action Theatre.

Guess ya just couldn't snap a pic or two, could ya?

• Like 1