Jump to content
Klabergian Empire

Area 72 Expansion Thread

Recommended Posts

Just thought I would start this here. Seems to me since they didn't use all of the previous Firehawk space for Orion, I would imagine we could see Area 72 greatly expand into those areas in the near future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Klabergian Empire said:

Just thought I would start this here. Seems to me since they didn't use all of the previous Firehawk space for Orion, I would imagine we could see Area 72 greatly expand into those areas in the near future.

Could you make a Google maps outline of the Firehawk land and the Orion land side by side? Thanks for making the thread

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KIguy2004 said:

Could you make a Google maps outline of the Firehawk land and the Orion land side by side? Thanks for making the thread

I will get right on it! But I don't believe that there is already a satellite image of Orion yet

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Klabergian Empire said:

I will get right on it! But I don't believe that there is already a satellite image of Orion yet

What mean is put your prediction of space of Orion compared to Firehawk.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just looking at the webcam you can tell that they didn't use all of the space occupied by Firehawk.

Screenshot 2020-01-29 at 4.34.17 PM.png

They could easily make a pathway under Orion to the space between the tree line and the brake run and add some new rides. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Klabergian Empire said:

Just looking at the webcam you can tell that they didn't use all of the space occupied by Firehawk.

Screenshot 2020-01-29 at 4.34.17 PM.png

They could easily make a pathway under Orion to the space between the tree line and the brake run and add some new rides. 

I think they could too!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bet they could but I doubt that will happen for a very long time. At some point  replacements over expansion will occur and I think we are there. 
 

Plus I’d rather see them expand in Action Zone. The Bat is kinda like a weird dead end and they have land over that direction I think. Maybe planting some new trees on the back side of Banshee would be nice. Feels too much like an open field IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is my approximate estimation on they land they didn't use for Orion:

Screenshot 2020-01-29 at 4.44.31 PM.png

If the park wanted to take this further, this is the land that they could reasonably use for a grade A expansion (something like that):

Screenshot 2020-01-29 at 4.47.53 PM.png

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MrSourNinja said:

I bet they could but I doubt that will happen for a very long time. At some point  replacements over expansion will occur and I think we are there. 
 

Plus I’d rather see them expand in Action Zone. The Bat is kinda like a weird dead end and they have land over that direction I think. Maybe planting some new trees on the back side of Banshee would be nice. Feels too much like an open field IMO

Planting trees all over the park is the biggest improvement they could make.  Very little shade around the park anymore. 
 

it would be nice if Area 72 gets a flat ride and some themed buildings.    Oktoberfest is is desperate need of a remake and Action Zone needs a theme in the meantime n

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, super7 said:

Planting trees all over the park is the biggest improvement they could make.  Very little shade around the park anymore. 

Trees really do go a long way in improving park atmosphere 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ben43065 said:

Trees really do go a long way in improving park atmosphere 

Kings Dominion is such a beautiful park fior that exact reason. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, super7 said:

Kings Dominion is such a beautiful park fir that exact reason. 

I like what you alluded to there.  Very clever!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, super7 said:

Planting trees all over the park is the biggest improvement they could make.  Very little shade around the park anymore. 
 

it would be nice if Area 72 gets a flat ride and some themed buildings.    Oktoberfest is is desperate need of a remake and Action Zone needs a theme in the meantime n

Call me crazy but I don’t hate the Action Zone theme. I know it doesn’t relate to movies but you could theme it to intense rides and non stop thrills or something. Generic I know but it sounds fun and I like it. Just needs another flat and something different where Invertigo and the log ride is and it’s really really good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MrSourNinja said:

Call me crazy but I don’t hate the Action Zone theme. I know it doesn’t relate to movies but you could theme it to intense rides and non stop thrills or something. Generic I know but it sounds fun and I like it. Just needs another flat and something different where Invertigo and the log ride is and it’s really really good. 

I say the Invertigo/Congo area could be used for our next coaster if they don't use The Vortex plot for a coaster. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MrSourNinja said:

I bet they could but I doubt that will happen for a very long time. At some point  replacements over expansion will occur and I think we are there. 
 

Plus I’d rather see them expand in Action Zone. The Bat is kinda like a weird dead end and they have land over that direction I think. Maybe planting some new trees on the back side of Banshee would be nice. Feels too much like an open field IMO

I'd rather them keep The Bat off by itself, the fact its kinda hidden I think adds to the charm.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Patrickbateman86 said:

I'd rather them keep The Bat off by itself, the fact its kinda hidden I think adds to the charm.

Yes, The Bat's seclusion is nice!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once The Bat reaches the end of its service life , which I’m guessing will still be a couple years, I think a wing coaster would be great in that area plus the area behind Banshee, and they just reuse the name

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Once The Bat reaches the end of its service life , which I’m guessing will still be a couple years, I think a wing coaster would be great in that area plus the area behind Banshee, and they just reuse the name

I still think they need some trees or maybe a water feature or something by the pretzel in Banshee. It’s so bare back there. You can see too much of great wolf. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, I hope The Bat is around for many more years to come. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Joshua said:

Personally, I hope The Bat is around for many more years to come. 

It has a good chance of being one of the last Arrow suspended coasters left. Not only was it the last one built, but it's also not particularly intense. Only time will tell though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love The Bat for several reasons. But once it reaches the end, that spot would be great for an RMC (better than Vortex's spot IMO)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, HandsUp said:

I love The Bat for several reasons. But once it reaches the end, that spot would be great for an RMC (better than Vortex's spot IMO)

Also could extend quite a bit further out if need be. And will block that awkward open space between bat and great wolf lodge with all that would. I’m down for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...