Just finished a short video on Blue Ice Cream. Any feedback is appreciated

zac2211

12 minutes ago, tks944 said:

I thought blue ice cream flavor is a blueberry cream. Kinda like orangesicle but blueberry. Blue moo is a totally different flavor; more artificial, more cotton candy, little bit of a cake batter flavor. KI blue is more of a "natural" fruit flavor

Interesting. I've tried both and personally they taste the same to me. 

10 hours ago, Oldschool75 said:

Blue Ice Cream was around way before the Smurfs at Kings Islands. Again, go do some research, that's how we learn.  

Nice video and I admire the commitment to getting this done. 

As for Oldschool's comment, Zac does state in the video that blue ice cream has been around since before KI, at least the Blue Moon version.  Not sure what you're saying but from what I can see this is well researched and I found the same information on a google search in a City Beat article from June 2022 (https://www.citybeat.com/food-drink/the-true-blue-story-behind-cincinnatis-blue-creamy-whip-13266792). 

Again, instead of being snide ("that's how we lean") how about teaching him instead.  It would go a long way with him and his future creations of his channel.

• Like 5

I enjoyed the video about something I love to eat.

As you hone your skills, I think your confidence will grow.  I am not a content creator, so I admire your commitment to starting something and finishing it.  If I may offer a suggestion:  work towards a conversational tone.  Research is great, but don't read your content to the viewer.  If it sounds like you are conversational, it makes it easier to process.

Keep up the good work!  

• Like 2

I think this was a good 1st try at doing a project like this. I've never created my own content. I think the prior advice is good, to keep it conversational. I'm sure as you go along, it will become more like that. I'm sure it's more difficult to do so when you are likely nervous about how it will turn out. Keep creating. I always find it odd that people want to nitpick it apart when they aren't content creators themselves. My advice to them is if you think you can do it better, then let's see what you can do. Put yourself out there and open yourself up to criticism.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, KIBeast said:

I think this was a good 1st try at doing a project like this. I've never created my own content. I think the prior advice is good, to keep it conversational. I'm sure as you go along, it will become more like that. I'm sure it's more difficult to do so when you are likely nervous about how it will turn out. Keep creating. I always find it odd that people want to nitpick it apart when they aren't content creators themselves. My advice to them is if you think you can do it better, then let's see what you can do. Put yourself out there and open yourself up to criticism.

It wasn't my intention to nitpick his video but to offer a friendly piece of advice. Apologies if that is the way it is taken.  

Thanks for all the feedback and advice, guys!

18 hours ago, Oldschool75 said:

Blue Ice Cream was around way before the Smurfs at Kings Islands. Again, go do some research, that's how we learn.  

Can you provide a source for this? Not trying to be rude, I just haven't heard this before.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BeeastFarmer said:

It wasn't my intention to nitpick his video but to offer a friendly piece of advice. Apologies if that is the way it is taken.  

That comment was not meant to be aimed at you. You did give good advice and I also agreed with what you had said about keeping it conversational. I assumed (maybe incorrectly) that OldSchool75 is not a content creator and they should make their own video; put themselves out there for criticism.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, KIBeast said:

That comment was not meant to be aimed at you. You did give good advice and I also agreed with what you had said about keeping it conversational. I assumed (maybe incorrectly) that OldSchool75 is not a content creator and they should make their own video; put themselves out there for criticism.

Gotcha, thanks. OldSchool is a content beginner, but not a content finisher.  His documentary fell thru because of COVID travel restrictions, of I remember correctly, but above he mentioned money so I'm not sure why his project wasn't completed. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

Gotcha, thanks. OldSchool is a content beginner, but not a content finisher.  His documentary fell thru because of COVID travel restrictions, of I remember correctly, but above he mentioned money so I'm not sure why his project wasn't completed. 

The original thread and teaser video:

28 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I’m not seeing the early factual error. It was a Smurf Cone when it dropped in 1980 or 81. Clearly intended to tie in the the Smurfs. Not sure if it was a direct tie in with ride; however, there was a Smurf ride, so I’d say that the logic is there. 

@DonHelbig drop some knowledge.

Blue Ice Cream debuted in 1982 as a tie-in to Huckleberry Hound and then became a natural tie-in with the Smurfs when they invaded Kings Island. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DonHelbig said:

Blue Ice Cream debuted in 1982 as a tie-in to Huckleberry Hound and then became a natural tie-in with the Smurfs when they invaded Kings Island. 

Thanks a lot. I'll try to fix it with a reupload, now that I know the real story. I searched endlessly for the origin, but the best I could find was this article which claimed it debuted along with the ride. I'm a huge fan of yours and very glad you were able to clear this up.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, DonHelbig said:

Thanks for confirming my memory.  I was sure it was originally tied to HH but never saw any article or one saying it.  Glad I'm not losing my mind......yet :)