Random Ferris Wheel Off I-75 (Queensgate/Cincinnati)

Was rolling around tonight running errands and thought I was hallucinating when driving on I-75 North. Figured users here might appreciate this.

Anyone know why there’s a Ferris Wheel in the Queensgate rail yard to the west of Interstate on the border of the Queensgate/West End neighborhoods?

IMG_8239.jpeg

IMG_8238.jpeg

IMG_8237.jpeg

• Gordon Bombay changed the title to Random Ferris Wheel Off I-75 (Queensgate/Cincinnati)
1 hour ago, Gordon Bombay said:

Was rolling around tonight running errands and thought I was hallucinating when driving on I-75 North. Figured users here might appreciate this.

Anyone know why there’s a Ferris Wheel in the Queensgate rail yard to the west of Interstate on the border of the Queensgate/West End neighborhoods?

IMG_8239.jpeg

IMG_8238.jpeg

IMG_8237.jpeg

It’s being scrapped.

That's not the one from coney Island is it? :-p

Legitimately I saw this yesterday and thought a church must be having a festival of some kind downtown but then it appeared as if it didn't have traditional seats on it and I drove away confused. 

12 hours ago, Tr0y said:

It’s being scrapped.

That's not a bad guess, but... per some folks on Facebook it appears to be there for a carnival/festival this weekend held for CSX worker's and their families.

However... does anyone know why it has "paddles" on it instead of seats? Very curious. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gordon Bombay said:

That's not a bad guess, but... per some folks on Facebook it appears to be there for a carnival/festival this weekend held for CSX worker's and their families.

However... does anyone know why it has "paddles" on it instead of seats? Very curious. 

Because it is in the process of being set up, if you notice the wheel isn’t round(complete). 

15 minutes ago, Orion-XL200 said:

To me it looks like they are the tops of the gondolas. 

I think you're right as they appear to be able to move, I just find it odd that they're in a "locked" position that almost looks like a windmill. Seems... like a bad idea?

• Like 1