Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 01/26/2013 in all areas

  1. Photo #26 - Action FX Theater - 2006
  2. http://www.visitkingsisland.com/events/things-to-do/special-events/Coasting-for-Kids-4-4-12-39 "a day filled with riding Diamondback (8:00am - 9:15am) and The Racer (10:00am - 5:00pm) over and over again, plus an early morning ride on The Beast"
  3. (Thought I already posted in this thread... Apparently not, since 90% of its posts are from before I joined.) September 2008. That was a couple months after I joined KIExtreme, which, for me, is now a mausoleum of my most embarrassing posts ever. (I used the word "n00b," complete with both zeroes, so, so many times... So embarrassing, haha. I'm sure a couple posts of mine were SH0Xing--right, ahank? ) I will say this much for KIC: even though I was never around for PKIU, etc., which many of you seem to consider the glory days of the site, this place has more or less consistently remained one of the best park/coaster fansites around. It's had its rough moments, but it always seems to work out in the end. There aren't unreasonable forum rules, disrespect for the park and its rules, or an epidemic of know-it-all attitudes like several sites I could mention. Trust me, I've shopped around to see what's out there. (TL;DR: GROUP HUG.)
  4. This made me laugh! I just find the idea of trash cans as a blockade hilarious.
  5. Well, there goes one of my sources of entertainment.
  6. That, is the most disgusting, laughably elementary piece of crap flyer Ive ever seen. My Respect for that organization is dwindling to the level of respect I had for kinzel (not Capitalized for a reason) era Cedar Fair, and for ME to say that is saying a LOT. I, like Terpy, feel incredibly sorry for Pat Koch in this whole debacle. She is a Fine, Class A Lady who doesn't deserve to be involved in this
  7. Hahaha, that was me! Oops! I was not feeling good what so ever and I kept trying different ways to type: coasteraddedtoKIin2009, coasteraddedtokiin2009, etc. lol. Anyway, thanks for sharing!
  8. Just ride Drop Tower and Congo Falls in a loop...you won't miss a thing.
  9. For your listening pleasure, I have uploaded some videos that I made with the music from a vinyl record featuring Kings Island's very own Wurlitzer #157 Carousel Organ. You may recognize this as the organ that currently sits (but does not operate) upon the Grand Carousel near the Eiffel Tower. As of writing this, the videos are not quite uploaded yet, so you may have to wait 15-20 minutes before they will become available. But at any rate, you may find the videos here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qkj4F8fnLE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGO7D9rNPcc
  10. Wow! Talk about bringing back an old topic from the past, Gabe! Its hard to believe that this site has been around for so long! And that I have been a staff member for eight years now! I first became a staff member right before WinterFest in 2005 after taking some pictures of the set up for Winterfest in October of 2005. The site has allowed me to build many friendships over the years, and has allowed me many unique and special opportunities at Kings Island over the years!
  11. They disabled the ability for others to post on their page. I'm not sure whether this is a good move or a bad move.
  12. 2009. That was the year I really got into roller coasters (thanks to Diamondback), so I joined here to talk about it.
  13. You think? Terp, who likes to ask questions.
  14. Shouldn't that Water Tower be red?
  15. I drove past the park today, and from KI Drive the only remaining part of the water tower were the 4 legs.
  16. I truly feel terrible for Pat Koch. This is a truly sad ending for such a wonderful family and family park. It's clear that money is more important than family to at least part of this family, and the courts end up having to value relationships. I don't think peaceful resolution is coming any time soon. It has to be awkward to work close to the family, too. This whole situation is sad.
  17. I'm sorry, but how petty can she get? Truly, truly sad. Pathetic, even. And then to call it a Koch Family Production. Wow.
  18. ^Unless there's several of us that decide to coast up that way... Thankfully we still have a while to decide!
  19. I joined back in 2010, when I was still just a reader. Since I didn't visit KI between 2003 and 2012 - or any Cedar Fair park between 2008 and 2012 - I never found a reason to post. There would usually be something interesting here to read, though, and I'd end up helping my family with their visits to KI and beyond. After reading enough about new management at Cedar Fair, I finally decided to see for myself what a decade had done to KI. As my interest grew, I asked a couple questions here and popped into a few threads. (Somehow, the 2-day ticket became a season pass, two days became six, and a few posts became a few hundred. I blame the Customer Service attendant at Kroger who upsold me.)
  20. My first trip to Kings Island was in 1995 when I was two years old. I went multiple times each year until I was 8, and then we switched to Cedar Point. In 2007 I visited the park for the first time in what seemed like forever. Diamondback was being built the following year and I love watching construction of new rides so I joined in 2008. I didn't think I would stick around after DB was finished, but after many more trips to the park I like it more than I like Cedar Point. This is my number one website, with Pointbuzz close behind.
  21. I joined after visiting the park for the first time in years back in May 2009...although I had checked this site out quite a bit before then, as it was buzzing with news about the then-new Diamondback roller coaster. Wow, it hath already been 4 years...
  22. Hey guys! It's been a while since I've been on here, but my dad found some old slides of him, his mom, and their friends, at Kings Island in 73. I couldn't help but share them, so here you go. Enjoy!
  23. Thank you very much for uploading these! I haven't gotten a chance to listen to them yet, but I appreciate you taking the time to make the tracks available online.
  24. If it counts for anything, in my own experiences in riding Diamondback ( which is A LOT just like most of you because I practically was obsessed with ride counting there for awhile since the day it opened ) the only vibrations I seemed to notice were only when I rode the brown train. For some reason it just seems like the brown train is just really shakey compared to the red and green trains. Anyone else notice this? Everyone I have ever ridden Diamondback's brown train with has noticed this too so I know I'm not losing my mind but I was just wondering if anyone else here noticed it too.
  25. I think the path should end where Flight Deck's plaza begins. Having a path spitting out visitors right at the ride's entrance couldn't hurt.
  26. While we are on the topic of upcoming attractions, TG93 talked to me the other day about a new expansion opportunity now that Thunder Ally is gone. Check it out, Coneys walkway could actually be expanded into Action Zone, thus eliminating the dead end status of the zone. It just squeezes by Sling Shot. The only thing that would need to be changed is the entry and exit for Adventure Express (which couldn't hurt, the ride needs some love and I think a better entrance may help its popularity. Plus, with the rumors about a Action Zone expansion, and the talk on this site of it maybe taking over Oktoberfest, it makes sense to re-profile AEs entry for a more modern touch if AZ does expand into the area. What do you think, I just think it is crazy how the path expands perfectly into the lonely back area or AZ.
  27. glock703's new. I figured he deserved a brake today. Or was making witty cracks about B&M coasters (see also Bavarian Beetle, the poster, not the coaster!) Edit: kblanken even beat me to it!
  28. Thank you! I love carousels with working organs, and hate that KI's does not work/was removed and we now get pre-recorded music. I've seen these recordings for sale before, but have never come up with a way to justify to Mrs. Gator the expense of buying them.... because you know I couldn't buy just one, I would need the complete set! Of course, there's the saying "It's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission!"
  29. I just had an overwhelming rush of joy as I love Wurlitzer band organs. Thank you so much for uploading this, there isn't enough like buttons to show my appreciation.
  30. Maybe it is just a diversion... Tired of that word yet? I know I am.
  31. Oh how I miss this ride. Simple but fun.
  32. I hope they rip it out and put a large area of trees and grass in the center of the walkway.
  33. Photo #23 - Flying Dutchman I wonder if it would be a "good" marketing strategy to "bring back the classics" in lets say bringing Flying Dutchman back from Kentucky Kingdom and Flying Eagles back from Carowinds.
  34. Those pictures are outstanding. My faves are of the fountain. Incredible clarity. If only it could look that way today.
  35. I guess I am alone. I love the trees and pavers that are currently around the fountains.
  36. Guest
    Sidewalks can create a tripping hazard for distracted guests, plus they make navigating the area more difficult for strollers and wheelchairs. The lack of shade would also cause complaints, as would the lack of almost any seating for LaRosa's. International Street definitely looks pretty in the 1973 photo, but the changes that have been made have been made for good reasons.
  37. I like how International Street is actually a street. Why change what works? Both Paramount and Cedar Fair are guilty of taking out or changing parts of that park that didn't need change or de-themeing. Depending on where you live, your street may be black top ashpalt, or it may be concrete, or it may be brick, or it may be gravel, or it may just be dirt; not all streets look the same. while that picture is quite pretty, I imagine if things remained unchanged, people would complain about the lack of shade, how hot the ashphalt gets on a warm July afternoon or perhaps they'd wonder how much money is spent on the upkeep and triming of all those hedges and if it could have been put into a new ride somewhere in the park. I doubt either park modifies any part of their park without the sole intent of improving the experience, functionality, operating costs and/or asthetics of the park experience. Pictures are great, thanks for sharing the glimpse back in time.
  38. Red again please! Here is my Coasting for Kids Video in 2012!
  39. I always thought Flight Deck would be a good coasting for kids coaster. When I ride it, I just stay in my seat after the ride is over due to the lack of people waiting in line.
  40. Photo #20 - KI&MVRR - Theming KI needs to see if its practical in moving Cedar Point's "Paddle Wheel Excursion" themeing pieces to KI.
  41. "The Schrute’s did a new Christmas “tradition” this year, and after it is all said and done, I think I am going to stop what I’m doing professionally and work with the vacation industry. I’ll try to keep this as short as possible." haha, well at least you tried
  42. Well there are some people who do truly believe in certain ideals. They make choices of where there money is spent. For people who truly believe in same sex marriage they would rather spend money at places that support same sex marriage. Everyone has "a hill to die on" and you just have not found yours yet. If a restaurant stated that they are raising money to campaign to put children with special needs in special homes where no one would see them, then I would never eat there. Again its all about the hill to die on...
  43. http://www.visitkingsisland.com/things-to-do/live-entertainment
  44. Sorry for changing the subject seemingly randomly, but I always enjoy the people who complain about prices in the park. First off, with the addition of Hank's Nachos, a skinny non-health conscious person like myself can finally get a reasonably large plate of food in the park for around $5. Because of this, I did not leave KI to eat this past season as I have always done in seasons past. But I guess I get that normal people don't view a plate of nachos as a meal. But with the drink wristbands, the cost of drinks have DEFINITELY gone down for folks like me who like soda (or any other fountain drink available). And second, they should be thankful I'm not running the park. When I play RCT, I charge $35 to get into the park, AND every ride is an upcharge. And my people don't complain. Or rather, they stop once I introduce them to Mr. Lake (:<
  45. I wave at perfect strangers to join me on park benches.
  46. At least this topic isn't called "You Do The Darndest Things"
This leaderboard is set to New York/GMT-04:00
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.