Everything posted by Hawaiian Coasters 325
-
Orion Construction Photos
Something to keep in mind: Thunder Road was removed in 2015 and Copperhead Strike didn't open until 2019. Skyrider closed in 2014 and Yukon Striker didn't open until 2019. I do hope that something fills The Vortex plot of land sooner rather than later, but I wouldn't get your hopes up since we are getting Orion next year. Also, some people on other forum sites brought up the idea of something like Forbidden Frontier at Cedar Point. Edit: I posted this in the appropriate thread.
-
Vortex Is Leaving After This Fall Season
The one next to The Beast usually is!
-
Vortex Is Leaving After This Fall Season
I don't think they would give a last rides event if they weren't going to take it down.
-
Vortex Is Leaving After This Fall Season
I would like to see Vortex's station become a haunted house for Haunt.
-
Discussing Land and Space in and around Vortex
Yes, I don't think we'll be getting a coaster in 2021, but I could see something big replacing it sooner rather than later. 2022 at the earliest. The reason why I say sooner is because I think having nothing there will be a major eyesore so I'm sure Kings Island will want to fill that gap as soon as possible. My thoughts are that they won't start tearing it down until after Orion is completed or close to completed. So they might be tearing it down during parts of the beginning of the season. Here is a good timeline prediction if a coaster is coming in 2022 which I don't think is super likely: Winter/spring of 2020: Orion is completed and they start removing Vortex. Orion opens to rave reviews in April. Late Summer/Early fall 2020: mysterious markers start showing up around The Vortex plot of land Spring 2021: Land clearing begins in the former Vortex plot of land Late Spring/early summer 2021: footers start being poured Summer 2021: Kings Island starts a teaser campaign: August 2021: Kings Island holds a big announcement event (Similar to Orion's) Late August/September 2021: vertical construction begins Spring 2022: The new coaster opens with rave reviews. What type of coaster? My guess is an RMC woodie, but I could see a Mack multi launch.
-
Improving Que Lines
**DOUBLE POST** I found this video on YouTube of the queue for Manta at SeaWorld Orlando and this is the definition of an indoor queue! Obviously Cedar Fair probably wouldn't do a queue line on this level since they don't really do animals, but I would love to see a Sea creature themed coaster in the Cedar Fair chain with maybe an indoor queue like this, but with some special projections to make it look like an aquarium.
-
Improving Que Lines
I don't think this looks too enclosed. It looks like just a roof over the queue line like Mystic Timbers and Copperhead Strike. Source:
-
Orion Construction Photos
Remember Orion is quite a bit shorter than Fury so I don't think they'll need that many cranes. Does anyone remember how many cranes were used for Leviathan since both are pretty close in size?
-
Orion Construction Photos
I know that. I was just making a drawing using what we have now.
-
Orion Construction Photos
-
Orion Construction Photos
I believe way back in the giga speculation thread, someone broke down the contractors listed and said one of them was about cranes. It might have been Fenton Rigging Co which I'll link their website right here: https://fenton1898.com/
-
What comes after the 2020 Giga?
7 inversions. If you count the cobra roll as 2 inversions. So it's the same amount of inversions as Banshee, but a different layout.
-
What comes after the 2020 Giga?
Where do you think the Mack or RMC could go? Sorry if I'm asking you too many questions. I'm just curious where you think it would go in the park.
-
What comes after the 2020 Giga?
I can't read this too well. Can you tell me where the lift and brake run are? I know there is some type of twist over the walkway. Also, are you predicting we are going to go 7-8 years without a new coaster? Or is this just the future and we'll get some type of coaster before that like in 2024-2025? Although, since Orion is a pretty large investment, I could see us having a larger gap between Orion and the next coaster than the last two.
-
What comes after the 2020 Giga?
I decided to make a B&M floorless coaster in Action Zone (which is renamed Medieval Zone when this coaster is put in). I give you Mermaid!
-
Orion Construction Photos
I believe that crane is too small to be our crane. Here is a picture of the crane used for Banshee. Source: https://www.google.com/search?q=Banshee+Kings+Island+construction&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwiGhvqxgu3kAhVNXqwKHWnZC4gQ2-cCegQIABAC&oq=Banshee+Kings+Island+construction&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-img.3...17719.22637..22918...4.0..0.107.1920.16j5......0....1.......5..35i362i39j35i39j0i67j0j0i8i30j33i299.Xi8oxH7MMX4&ei=q-mLXcaEBM28sQXpsq_ACA&bih=630&biw=360&client=ms-android-verizon&prmd=isnv#imgrc=EIbZrioJ-cMb4M
-
What comes after the 2020 Giga?
-
Orion Construction Photos
Looks like they have a catwalk installed in the pre-lift and beginning of lift as well or I'm probably just seeing things.
-
Orion Construction Photos
I'm still wondering why Clifford still is not here yet. Clifford was here in early September of 2013 to work on Banshee. Interesting it is still not here yet.
-
Orion Construction Photos
It likely won't be as big. Banshee's plaza was already large before Banshee since AZ was already a circle sharing multiple rides. Area 72 will likely be like it is now, but spruced up with new ground/pavers and some theming. Plus the entrance to Orion.
-
Orion Construction Photos
Isn't really Orion related, but here is a video about inspecting Leviathan!
-
What comes after the 2020 Giga?
I don't think we'll see a new front gate. If I remember correctly, Cedar Fair representatives said they were happy with Kings Island's front gate and don't want to change it. I could see a new coaster near the gate though especially if Invertigo/Congo Falls is removed.
-
Orion Construction Photos
Clifford would be the one to lift the track pieces into place. But yes, I could see them putting all the catwalks on the track pieces before lifting them in place.
-
Orion Construction Photos
Yeah the lift will take a while. Especially since Clifford is not here yet.
-
Orion Construction Photos
That picture isn't showing the entire layout though.