Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Captain Nemo

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Captain Nemo

  1. The majority of roller coasters have relied on friction brakes for deceleration. However, due to the friction, these brakes are subject to wear and must have a routine monitoring and be maintained. Magnet breaks replace the wear and tear of friction on the fins and offer no contact to the fins. So when I say Magnets can't fail, I am comparing it to the friction breaks.
  2. People might say that The Beast was more intense when it had its good old sled breaks. But those always need to be checked every so often. The breaks on The Beast are now Magnetic which means less up keeping. These breaks were added to The Beast in 2002. Magnets are the one thing that never fails. The Beast also changed one other thing from when it opened. If you remember in 2004 The Beast received seatbelts. And in 2003 the turn after the first drop was re-profiled.
  3. I no longer like that song... wait I never liked it to begin with and no I have something to back up that up with. I don't know why you like it Interpreter, but then again you like everything newsworthy so I'll let it go. Are those even their voices?
  4. Give me a IM and I will help you out the best I can. I have the game and time to time I run into some problems. If you have AIM you can go ahead and IM me. If you don't have it send me a PM.
  5. My souvenirs from Kings Island are usually composed of Ride Pictures. I have... Three ride pics from SOB Two ride pics from Vortex One ride pic from IJST One ride pic from TRTR (Yes I am one of the lucky ones to have one!) I also have the Kings Island Opolie game. One other thing I have bought are the custom wristbands you can make, it’s located next to glass blowing.
  6. For employees, there is a green line in the shape of a box in certain areas of the station at certain coasters. Vortex has one... for example http://photos.pkicentral.com/displayimage....album=46&pos=15 Where the employees in the background is standing, that would be an area a green box would be.
  7. I have that same question. What do they do in the auditions.
  8. He got it from maestro, who has since retired and now is a Helicopter Pilot!
  9. I am going to try fearfest out this year. I have always had a love for scareing people and now is my chance.
  10. You can see the track to King Cobra. You can see it by looking just above the SOB loop and behind the trees. Yeah you can see some cool stuff from up there, you just have to find them.
  11. You might be a PKI addict if you... are this guy who made this thread! http://www.pkicentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7906
  12. Alright let's do this!!! I'm back after a grueling five days away from PKIC (how could ANYONE go for that long?). My reason for being gone has a good rationale explanation though... AIRVENTURE 2006!!! It is the World's Greatest Aviation Celebration, at least once a week. I had all of you at PKIC in mind so I made sure to keep a trip report log. I wrote all the things I did and the events that transpired during the trip. The point in keeping the Trip Report log was so that I could write up a TR when I get back. When I did finally return I found that my TR log turned into 13 page log full of info from the trip. So of course with that said the Trip Report is being written up at this time and should be done by the end of this week. It will be a hell of a long TR so keep that in mind. Keep on checking out this topic in the coming days for the Trip Report, for now enjoy these teaser pics! to bad all those pics are missing something... something I forgot to bring on the trip. Trip Report will be posted here as soon as I finish it! ~The passion of flying is being able to pull your plane out of the hanger, look up at the sky and ask yourself, where will I fly today?~ -Sam Johnson
  13. So what they are saying is that they were hurt because the ride is not safe? I don't understand why you would sue due to the fact you think the ride is not properly maintained, The park has more than enough paperwork proving otherwise. I don't think this case will make it very far.
  14. All Cedar Fair seems to worry about most is Cedar Fair. When they send a news letter they always talk about something at Cedar Point. I will miss the good old days of PKI, it will be different next year. We all know Cedar Fair will keep Cedar Point the star park.
  15. Hmmm, you just described SOB. My gosh, I had a feeling someone was going to say this! Can we PLEASE look past the coaster and worry more about the people who were on it! I remember the last time I ever saw King Cobra, stuck on the lift hill. I made a promise that I would ride it in 2003 (before I knew it was being torn down) but of corse I never got that chance. ~sigh... and wooferbear, Vortex is not sinking.~
  16. Myspace, ehh. I never use it, nor am I a member. Cool video though on the site.
  17. This news is very sad to hear. Last Winterfest was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed the whole atmosphere of it. Well, it was great the year we had it, to bad it can't continue.
  18. The only defunct park I have ever been to is "lotte World Sky Plaza" in Pusan. It was a fun little park, and it was all at the top of a building. It had two rollercoasters, one of which was my first looping.
  19. http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art.../307170010/1056 Look at the bottom. Look where the sources came from.
  20. ...and coming from a 2005 Delirium employee. Anyway, I agree 100% that most employees at PKI keep guest relating and safty in mind. I would think that a guest would rather have a employee take the time to make them feel safe with a good guest relations, than a hope-in and ride.
  21. Because there were no Technological advances between 1887 and 1971! lol, it was in response to Boddah.
  22. The construction of the Tower at PKI was probably the same as the one at Paris...
  23. The Beast does hold some themeing to rivertown like the old run down mine queue house. Tomb Raider I like to think holds that kind of feeling, the mine themed Cave. And the sheer amount of bamboo everywhere. Only exception in the presents of the huge box enclosing the ride that stands out.
  24. Well, atleast you ride it all the time according to a privious post you made in another topic, "It seems like everytime I go to the park that is all I ever ride anymore, The Beast and IJST. And occasionally FoF" hauntguy, I agree with you. The ride is great! The themeing is something Kings Island did not have and needed. Although I will admit I do not think it is worth anything over a 20 minute wait it is still a fun filled coaster! People seem to only think of what is now gone from the ride, c'mon people look at how much is still there! The launch is what always packs a punch for me. That car blasts off fast.
  25. Mine has to be Phantom Theater. Although it seemed to never really had a line I bet everyone rode it. The characters were classic.
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.