Everything posted by Captain Nemo
-
FOF stay or go ?
It seems that we have been getting alot of relible source in the past few months. I don't know but it just seems we have alot of them. I'm going to search the forums for the phrase relible source.
-
Worst ride
It is still the same as when it opened. The only difference is the themeing.
-
Mystery Mine
Mystery Mine -The Clearing The story of the mine is something that will have to wait. ~more about the mystery will be solved June 16th~
-
Worst ride
I'm sorry to hear that man. I would like to hear why you think so.
-
Worst ride
Well, eXtreme Skyflyer was called Drop Zone before the one we now know came in. I have no ride that is on my "worst" list. Every ride gives something different from the others.
-
Cedar Point Videos
That video is not going to be anywhere near as good as what Indy and the lost Acers will be. It was an ok video, I didn't really enjoy it for my own reasons. It is no where near as good as the Jaws Skippers... Go Jaws Skippers!
-
What if you were hired to rename KI rides & shops?
Anything with the Paramount name would have to change. The Beast on the other hand, is not a paramount name.
-
De-Paramount-izing in progress?
I'll buy it. Nick, you made me laugh at the quote"Prototype= Yes" Even the fact that Combat spelled "Part" wrong is aprt of the joke.
-
De-Paramount-izing in progress?
LoL, as much as I laughed in line when you said you said you were going to do that, seeing it now is just as funny.
-
Avatar: Coaster or not?
Wow, the polls are close. Great poll! IMHO I think it is a coaster. Just looking at it, it has the features of a coaster. Also saying that it is called a Zamperla Skater Coaster 36. The Zamperla Website even calls it a coaster. Look at the PDF here.
-
MF Down!
It must be the curse of... 6/6/06!
-
Vortex's Destruction
The first year Tomb Raider: The Ride opened; there were on-ride photos you could buy. You could get the photo to just be of you on the ride rather than what people thought was the whole gondola. I am a proud owner of my own pic of me on the ride, I wish the cameras were still there because the pics were priceless and worth getting.
-
Lots of info needed please!
This is PKIC for you, were happy to help. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask.
-
Paramount Parks Question
Lol, wrong topic buddy. Here are some topics that will answer your question. SOB Status? My SOB ride 5/28 TR: SOB ride report
-
SOB Fire "Scare"
^Agree, Son of Beast is my favorite coaster at Kings Island.
-
Lots of info needed please!
Here are the Height restrictions for the water park. Baby Swap's are done this way. Some rides have a waiting area in the station for little ones. Rides that do not have this area for them to wait have the Baby Swap Policy. One parent rides while the other is with their kids, when the parent who just rode exits they look after the kids and the other parent will be aloud on the ride. I don't think you will have to do this if you are in the kid’s area the whole day.
-
Lots of info needed please!
It's great to hear your making a trip to PKI; I hope you have a great and awesome time! I have some information for your questions you will find useful. There are many Hotels in the area in general; some hotels do accommodate Kings Island. Hotels listed offer a Paramount's Kings Island room and admission package that include General Admission tickets to the park. Packages are based on availability, most are valid weekends only. Package prices are at the sole discretion of the hotel and are subject to change without notice. http://www3.paramountparks.com/kingsisland...comodations.cfm Some additional information, some cool news, your 1 year old can go in the park free. For the rest of your kids it's $29.99. Now there are ways to lower this price. Other than what the hotel you stay at does price wise, you can see if they will accept coupons. Coupons are found in most products the park is partners with. There partners are all here... Partners The Park web site does it's best to help you with your trip, enough to give you some list of rides your whole family can enjoy. http://www3.paramountparks.com/kingsisland...isit_kids_6.cfm Strollers, no problem. I have never had to use one... I'm too old, but I know from what I have seen and heard no one has had any problem with them. They are made of basic hard plastic and come in doubles or singles. Strollers also come with an extendable sun-roof! The shuttle bus should allow you to bring your own stroller on the bus to the park but the park stroller can't leave the park. Hope this helps along with the info given by other posters. Have a wonderful trip!
-
Speed Pass?
Flight of Fear may work if they added another train to increase capacity. Face-Off is one of those rides that are hard to make a speed lane for. That ride itself needs to work hard to get the line moving at a good pace. Now the crew this year is doing a great job and the line has been moving quite well so it could work. But why buy a speed pass when you can just go on a day the park is not crowded?
-
Wow...Just, wow
This article is a tough one for me to decide on, do I agree or disagree? In most cases during my read I did not agree 100% with what BENJAMIN ROODE had to say about our park. His constant know-it-alls really got on my nerves, and I also did not like how he compared every ride here with a ride at Cedar Point (Face-Off being Wicked Twisters answer?! I don't think so). You can tell by the way he wrote this he was bashing our park, or he just want to make his home park look better which is understandable. As far as the statement about Cedar Fairs children’s area being "better", all I have to say is... Golden Ticket Award!!! Now any person whose home park is Cedar Point is obviously going to think that it is the best park and see what ways their park is better than others (admit it, you probably do it to when you visit another park).
-
Mystery Mine
Maybe it's that Mine drop ride from RCT3 ... I would think this is a coaster, most likly a dive.
-
Mystery Mine
Mystery Mine -The Journey Something was seen up in the hills long ago... something. No one is to go into that area. Is the rumor true, or just a made up story to scare children? It is said that whoever entered this "place" never got out. What is this place? ...The mystery continues! ~The June 9th update can be seen by scrolling down~
-
Don't forget: Nick Parade Friday!
This parade is gonna kick it all over town! I have heard it is a different song this year so we should be ready for a new beat to get stuck in our heads.
-
Music in the the park
I know of someone who knows all the Action Zone songs from 2005, I'll see what I can do about finding those songs out. All you need to know is that each zone has it's own unique music styles, just listen to the same kind of genre and it will fit that zone.
-
My thoughts on Voyage.....
I first heard about the Voyage when I got a call from Legend Rider. He, living less than an hour from Holiday World was of course stoked. "Two 90* Bank turns?! 24 seconds of airtime?! 5 Underground moments?!" I said, but he kept going on when I thought this coaster could do nothing else. 70 MPH, 173 feet high, a two minute and 45 second ride! I was shocked and excited at the same time. How would Holiday World pull this off? That’s when I was sent the animated POV. At first it felt like The Beast going into the woods but this coaster was doing what no Beast did. Hill after hill, turn after turn, It could have been done there and been an awesome ride but there was still 2 minutes left of the ride! I was watching my computer screen wiz by like I was on this monster. My first look of the ride gave me the idea of an out and back coaster, but more extreme and out of control. It gave me the idea that this rollercoaster had a mind of its own, trying to break free from the out and back layout. I would say that it succeeded, this ride is anything but an out and back, it's under the layout category known as, "Voyage Layout"! This is what I was thinking and I was only half way through the ride. As the ride cruised by the mid breaks I asked myself, "wait a tic, did it even slow down on those breaks?" I was amazed at the speed it was still going and at such low height. I had never seen a coaster move so fast and do these elements. At those speeds the only thing I would have thought is it has to go up to slow down and lose momentum. This coaster only had 4 real hills and the rest was low height speed elements, I had never seen such a thing. I watched as the POV went in and around the steel track and into the second 90* bank. At this point I said, "This ride is long, and looks longer than The Beast" But when I saw that it was 6,442 I was surprised. As the coaster took its last turns and bends I began moving and swaying like I was on it, I got so into it. Then the ride went into the breaks. I then noticed I had been holding my breath for god knows how long, I took a huge breath and out came one word, "wow". Almost everyday after I looked at the webcam watching it grow. When pictures of the ride began coming in I marveled at each one. But now the ride is open, and not one negative review is anywhere to be found. One mission I must take this summer is all but simple, I must ride The Voyage!
-
Flight of Fear
Hmm, And Flight of Fear is also not open at PKD. ?!???!? I have not heard anything about any of the other Lim coasters being down. since were on the topic of FoF, I have heard that new lights are in Hanger 18. I must see those when I get the chance.