Everything posted by faeriewench
-
Abandoned Boats
Poor boats o_o
-
Haunt Thoughts 2013
Work Site.
-
Haunt Thoughts 2013
Yeah, KI likes to wait till the last possible minute sometimes. (like after nearly all the other CF parks talk of theirs, not just Knott's).
-
Haunt Thoughts 2013
Just Massacre Manor. I guess the best way to have put that the park (at least to my knowledge) has not publicly released what is new (Haunts, shows, etc). Though I imagine the closer the Haunt season we get, the more will get announced.
-
Haunt Thoughts 2013
Its about the same, just more attractions, but the quality is pretty much unchanged. Some of prosthetic makeup pieces from Knott's found their way to other parks including KI. KI has not publicly released what exactly will be returning or what is new but they did let on what isn't at KIC day. Really you can't say once you seen one event you seen them all. Knott's and the Universal parks put on some of the best out there and they deserve a checking out. Busch Gardens in Tampa from what I understand does pretty good too, but I personally never been to that so can't judge. KI is just KI, that's my take on it. Some stand alone haunts like the Haunted Hoochie and such....well..its sort of unique for Ohio I suppose.
-
Universal New Haunt--Cabin In the Woods
Unicorns!
-
Banshee
The Roller Coaster! Even though I don't like it, the ride I mean, I still call it Manhattan (hey...still some signage about there advertising it as Manhattan so why not?) I like creepy things. Says the retired Haunt monster...
-
Faerie Wench's trip report thread
Unplanned Kings Island visit 06/24/2013 2013-06-24 22.18.57 by ki_faerie_wench, on Flickr And I do mean unplanned. I got everything I needed to get done 3 hours earlier than I usually would at work and was given ok to head out. Which left me thinking....now what? I am already close enough as is to KI so I decided then to head to the park. It was about 8:30 when I got there and Flight Deck was a walk on! First time this season I got to get multiple rides back to back on it. When I finally reached my limit my dad and bro came to the park. Bro wanted to do his first night ride on The Beast, we were in line before 9:20, but didn't get on it till a few minutes after the fireworks ended. Awesome night ride! Probably the best I have had on The Beast in fact. And with that large moon glowing all orange....made it seem more perfect. Before and after Beast got my first real good look at Starlight Spectacular this season.....pitiful is all I have to say. I did take pics but due to the fact this visit was very much unplanned, didn't bring any of my cameras. So just had my cellphone... >,< 2013-06-24 22.35.31 by ki_faerie_wench, on Flickr 2013-06-24 21.11.12 by ki_faerie_wench, on Flickr
-
Canada's Wonderland Starlight Spectacular
Sweet! Knott's puts on a very good one too imo. (least it was awesome last year)
-
Anyone still have a 2011 Park Map?
I have a few, but looks like Department47 beat me with their offer. :b
-
Flight Deck Celebrates 20 Years
^ A little better LOL
-
Flight Deck Celebrates 20 Years
I still prefer Danger Zone. >_> Happy 20th Flight Deck. My favorite in the entire park, lol.
-
Cedar point Meanstreak lives up to it's name
Mean Streak has always been a big meanie ever since I was a kid back when I first rode it (early 90s). It's nothing like SOB and Gwazi were/are IMO...
-
Haunt Thoughts 2013
What did you see? Sorry I'm just being nosy. The walls
-
KIC "The Revival" Day 6/15/13
It was fun hanging out IndyGuy!
-
Haunt Thoughts 2013
Absolutely not. Knott's is busy busy with Haunt stuff. LOL
-
Holding bins?
They must be new then? Its been a couple years since I bothered with that darn thing
-
Haunt Thoughts 2013
^ Having seen Trick or Treat in person, it is a really cool maze, but its so dang short. (but then again it has the most gigantic rooms you'd encounter at a Haunt being why its seems so short)
-
Holding bins?
Invertigo has shelves if I remember right
-
Songs you have heard at KI
I heard "What makes you beautiful" by One Direction at least once every visit I made to KI since I got back from Vegas. The song actually makes me think of the Mirage dolphins since I heard it playing there a couple times Wanna go back!! LOL!
-
Faerie Wench's trip report thread
It really is cool to see it from a different angle at the park. You should make it out to the next one!
-
Faerie Wench's trip report thread
Kings Island KIC Day June 15, 2013 IMG_4426 by ki_faerie_wench, on Flickr Sadly me and my brother missed the FOF tour, so by the time we got to Coney, the KIC'ers were just leaving FOF heading for Dodgems. I chose to sit out for all 3 (mostly due to the fact Monster makes me sick and of course.....I had to take pictures). After ERT wrapped up, me and my brother for the most part hung out with Avatar, IndyGuy, Beastie1980 and jlopez for the remainder of the morning and most of the afternoon. This particular day was also the first time my youngest brother got to conquer most of the coasters KI offers. I am not a great reassuring type person (never really have been) so the KIC'ers with us were more the ideal folks to talk encouragements. (Today is father's day...thank you grandpa for teaching me to be a "suck it up and just do it" type of person ) Our first ride was FOF, I'm pretty sure it was my first ride of the season on that too! Great great ride. I found myself on Firehawk for the first time since 2010....and now I think I will go back to just keeping my distance. The wait was previously said by the attendant to be 45 minutes if I remember correctly but it only ended up like 20 mins?? >_> Vortex was next up, I think it caught my brother off guard, oh well he'll get used to it is what I told him afterwards. After Vortex it went like this WindSeeker > pretzels > The Beast > Diamondback? I think Diamondback followed... oh wait, yes it did. My brother handled his first ride on The Beast well methinks and especially considering we were in a wheel seat. While we were in line for Diamondback, it actually turned out to be a longer wait than expected, but we decided to just wait it out since we were already close to boarding at that point when we realized what time it was. When we got off of Dback we come to find out the other KIC'ers were waiting for us at The Racer/Firehawk tour (so we didn't miss it afterall!). Ok Fast forward to the food... I think the last time I been inside IR was....2008? So I seen the little Peanuts related improvements. Food was pretty good...though the ice cream sandwich I very much welcomed! Being so muggy out and all.... Met NoChickens and the mrs up in IR too, I honestly don't remember if we were introduced on opening day or what? lol Sadly though my day was quickly drawing to a close because I had to be off to work for the evening. Though my brother continued to hang out with Avatar and the others after I had left. It was really cool seeing everyone again. IMG_4409 by ki_faerie_wench, on Flickr IMG_4469 by ki_faerie_wench, on Flickr IMG_4429 by ki_faerie_wench, on Flickr IMG_5839 by ki_faerie_wench, on Flickr Some of the pics I took during the Dodgem/Monster/Scrambler ERT are posted on my FB now. Anyone interested in seeing those? Again hope to see you all again sometime soon, preferably before my next adventure! _1019137 by ki_faerie_wench, on Flickr
-
Kings Island angers special-needs parents
Took the words out of my mouth.
-
Ed Alonzo on ABC22
A always very busy one at that. All over the place all the time... >_>
-
Kings Island angers special-needs parents
That's actually very possible. Like me, he was raised on CP so it was the most familiar to him. The Dollywood incident though, he was clearly done for the day, he started to say "home" which in that particular case was the hotel, during the time it took to go from one end of the park to the other it escalated and really didn't end well.