Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

markr

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by markr

  1. ^Love that song Together We're Better.
  2. The Partridge Family episode is also on youtube and David Cassidy demonstrated what a great comic actor he was in this episode-love the scene where he looks like he is going to get sick on the Carousel. I watched both The Brady Bunch and The Partridge Family when they were both a part of the Friday night line-up and I remember both shows being very popular. I think the Brady Bunch for some reason has simply had more exposure in syndicaton than The Partridge Family which may be why The Brady Bunch seems to be more popular among those who weren't born when both shows were in prime time. PS Looks like Mrs. P has gained a few votes.
  3. Looks like it is going to be a beautiful day.
  4. I certainly am disappointed about the news as I loved Fun Perks. However, I'm willing to keep an open mind if we get some good discounts. I do like the discount for bringing a friend as I have several friends who like KI but only go once every few years.
  5. Love both Mrs. Brady and Mrs. Partridge but have to give the edge to Mrs. Partridge since she played in a band with her kids. Kind of feeling bad about setting up this poll as not sure any mom can compete on the coolmeter against a mom who plays in a band. At any rate if we were to have a cool mom contest among all the TV moms I would definately give Mrs. Brady first runner up prize.
  6. With three of the Bradys returning to KI on 5/19, I thought it would be fun to have the following poll. Who do you think is the cooler mom, Carol Brady or Shirley Partridge?
  7. I had the pleasure of meeting Susan Olsen ( Cindy), Mike Lookinland ( Bobby), and Barry Williams ( Greg) when they were at the park Labor Day weekend of 2008 They were all so nice especially Susan. Cannot wait to see them again-will be nice to see ( and hopefully meet) Christopher Knight.( Peter.) as well. Kind of dissappointed that Florence Henderson ( Mrs Brady) and Ann B. Davis ( Alice, earlier know as Schultzy in Love that Bob. ) won't be there but you can't always have everything.. PS How about bringing the Partiridges next? Although Mrs. Brady was a cool mom, I would have to give Mrs. Partiridge the edge in the cool meter. ( After all she did play in a band.) Just saying.
  8. markr replied to Hank's topic in Kings Island
    If Maverick at CP is used as an example, I would say that current management is not serious about theming. When Maverick first opened, management did an outstanding job of theming that ride with the wonderful western music. Starting last year, however, the western music was completely removed and replaced with mostly hip-hop music which totally ruined the western theme.
  9. markr replied to Wingless92's topic in Kings Island
    Welcome, welcome, welcome! Gemini is also one of my favs.
  10. Welcome to KI Central.
  11. The one ride that I got sick on during my many years of KI attendance-I mean Winnie Witch's Cauldrens not The Scooby Doo Coaster. . P.S how is everyone doing? I've been kind of hibernating the past few months.
  12. LIke IBEW Sparky, would have to say opening day for DB was my fav time. I remember that day as being one of the most beautiful days weather wise-sunny, not too hot and not too cold but just right.
  13. Try negotiating your price with a manager,i have never paid full price.In fact,i have paid almost half price calling the day before! Dont let my secret out! I should add this doesnt always work,i have stayed at the old Red Roof Inn too Try negotiating your price with a manager,i have never paid full price.In fact,i have paid almost half price calling the day before! Dont let my secret out! I should add this doesnt always work,i have stayed at the old Red Roof Inn too Your secret is safe with me. ( lol.) Even though it is pricey, I did stay at Hotel Breakers on one trip. I got a three night package deal. Even though it was a little pricey, it was still worth it.
  14. The only improvements CP needs to make for the resorts is to lower the prices.
  15. I have no preference for Coke or Pepsi-as I previously stated Vernors Ginger Ale is my fav. That being said, to me, Pepsi is part of CP'S identity just as Coke is part of KI's identity-those two products are what is left over of each park's uniqueness from each other. Don't get me wrong, I love both parks and am thrilled that Cedar Fair took over KI and the other Paramount parks but it just seems that lately all the parks are gradually becoming cookie cutter images of each other-the commercials are a good example of this.
  16. I redeemed my fun perks for the following: $5 off food-I got 2 slices of pizza and a bag of chips for $3.50; 15 percent off any food item-an order of fries at Potato Works for $5.23; a free bag of popcorn. ( That was a huge bag of popcorn-I really stuffed myself this past Sunday.) Count me as one very happy customer with respect to the perks. My only complaint is that KI did not institute it years ago but better late than never. I hope they extend the program to the other parks.
  17. I always miss out on making the dippin dots joke.
  18. Most likely The Beast.
  19. I used to take the I-71/Rts 23 and 4 way to CP from Cincinnati but discovered that it was quicker taking I-75 to Rt 6.
  20. I'm absolutely off my nut about Servati's as I am about Graeter's. There goes my waist line.
  21. Had a wonderful day with you guys. It seems like we didn't wait long at all for any of the haunts even though the park seemed crowded.
  22. Until management discovered what a cash cow Holloween could be, the park was only open to the public for three operating days after Labor Day-the last Sunday in September and the first weekend in October before closing for the season. I think KI saw how successful the Holloween events were at CP before following suit.
  23. markr replied to SonofBaconator's topic in Kings Island
    "LESS FILLING!" TASTES GREAT ( Couldn't resist) Anyway, a few years back I recall an incident at CP. While in line for Millenium Force, there were two young men yelling at each other about four queues apart-they challenged each other to fight after exiting the ride. All I could think about was what idiots they were as there are always cops all over the park. Sure enough, after I exited the ride, I saw cops talking to each of the combatants separately. Won't people ever learn? At any rate, it makes me sad that people are willing to ruin the family atmosphere of a park with violence.
  24. I am not a big park traveler, so my list is limited. That being said, here are my top 5 favs: Wooden 1. El Toro (SFGA) 2. The Beast ( KI) 3. The Blue Streak ( CP 4. The Villain ( Was it torn down or moved?) 5. The Hurler ( KD) Steel 1. Top Thrill Dragster ( CP) 2. Millenium Force ( CP) 3. Raptor ( CP ) 4. Diamondback ( KI ) 5. Nitro ( SFGA)
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.