Everything posted by IndyGuy4KI
-
WindSeeker Construction is underway
I think you are right, but look today at the webcam, http://www.visitking...bcams/index.cfm they have flags out in a circle wider than the diameter of the foundation. Does this mean they are going to expand it out? Then it would look very close I think. I don't know if they did this the same way for DT or not?
-
Planning?
I thought of a retention pond as well, but what would be the purpose? Do you think WS construction would require that if there is no other construction taking place in that area?
-
Who Plans to be a Windseeker FIrst Rider?
I plan to be there! If you are going don't forget to add your name to the meet up thread for opening day here! (If you have not already done so.) http://www.KICentral...ndpost&p=408879
-
2011 Gold Pass ERT includes WindSeeker and Vortex
This is a subject that is very sensitive to some members and a few have decided to call each other names, turn on each other, and some to act immature. If we don't use discretion and common sense towards each other and ourselves when posting, the site looses credibility and our concerns are not going to be taken seriously by the park. Also, keep in mind as well that so many other non members visit and read this site. These conversations are seen by everyone. Example: Screamscape just referenced our site about the Planning tread - http://www.KICentral...dpost&p=416608. I try to always keep this in mind when posting. Back on Subject: Having a day to think about the change, I am still very sad and feel that this is not the best move by the park. Living in Indy I have to drive 2 hrs to get to the park. I did so 10 times last season and what drew me to the park was the DB/Beast ERT. That is what got me excited to make the drive. I picked KI over a 90 minute drive to Indiana Beach and there was several times I really wanted to go to Holiday World (3 hr drive), but the DB/Beast ERT trumped my decision every time. That is what drew money to the park from me at KI. You can ask Avatar, I called him and other KIC members several time last season asking if they wanted to join me. There was several times I took friends or relatives with me, made a Meet up thread on this site and other KIC members joined me at the park and that made money for KI. I am excited about the WS/Vortex ERT, but I am not sure that those rides are going to excite me enough over the full season to pick KI over going to another park this summer. I do feel that there is going to be a lot of other pass holders who feel the same way, and in turn a loss for KI. It saddens me a lot knowing that I will probably loose that excitement that I have had over the past 2 seasons at the park.
-
2011 Gold Pass ERT includes WindSeeker and Vortex
There used to be a different perk every day of the week. I can only seem to remember a few.. Walk on Weekends where you went to the Kisk and got a few tickets to walk on a few rides. Remember those Gold Pass Speed Lane signs, and the GP giving us stares as you got to walk past them. Double Ride Tuesdays. Others will have to fill in the other days.
-
2011 Gold Pass ERT includes WindSeeker and Vortex
With all due respect though, there were never thousands or even hundreds there on most days for ERT. I never said a single day did I? I am looking at the big picture, I am talking the full season. I am only stating what I feel to be a fair assumption. If I decide to not go to KI 3 less visits this summer due to not having DB and Beast ERT that is about $40.00 per visit that KI looses, (I always buy a few Cokes and eat something while there.) So that is $120.00 lost for KI just from me. I am sure there will be a lot of other people and families that feel the same way. So my point is this will loose money for KI and feel this is not the best decision. This no way takes away my love and devotion to KI. I am disappointed in this decision, but am looking forward to ERT on WS . Will it keep me coming back as often as I have the last 2 season with the DB and Beast ERT? I hope so, but time will tell.
-
2011 Gold Pass ERT includes WindSeeker and Vortex
Sorry but KI isn't going to lose "lots" of money by not having Beast and DB for morning ERT. Nor will there be hundreds or thousands who feel the same way. Better yet, there won't be hundreds or thousands who really give a darn which major ride is available for ERT. I beg to differ, I do belive they will loose money by not having DB and Beast ERT. It may not be much, but for those lets say hundreds instead of thousands that came specifically for those rides during ERT might stop for a Coke, coffee, ice cream, or preztel before leaving. That is income for the park. Got to remember there are a lot of locals with passes. Either way you calculate it, there is going to be upset people about the change, not just by us enthusiasts.
-
2011 Gold Pass ERT includes WindSeeker and Vortex
Yep, DB ERT was the reason I made so many trips from Indy the last 2 seasons. If there is no DB ERT, I will not be motivated to take the 2hr trip over. I do appreciate the park giving ERT, but they are going to loose lots of money by not having DB ERT. I am sure there will be hundreds if not thousands of other pass holders that feel the same way. I think keeping DB and Beast ERT and adding WS first ride of the day would be nice. This would not cost any more money for the park. Here is how to do it. You have the same ERT as before and there is a WS line by the securuty chain by Beast. Then 5 min before opening you let the people wanting to ride WS through the check point to head to to the WS queue. The ride still does not start till normal start, but pass holders have the option to be first to the ride.
-
Flashback Till Opening 2011
Don't remember what it used to be called, but now it is called Linus' Beetle Bugs. Here is a picture of my son ridding it a few seasons ago, before Planet Snoopy.
-
Windseeker & Coney Mall Construction Continues
No one is on a tour, watch the webcam at http://www.visitking...bcams/index.cfm A KIC admin did get invited to KI the other day to take some pictures. See pictures here. http://www.KICentral.com/photos/thumbnails.php?album=333 EDIT: Welcome to KIC!
-
Windseeker & Coney Mall Construction Continues
It looks like there is no vertical construction today. I wonder if there is more concrete to pour in the area before they start the vertical construction? They poured that concreted really fast Monday morning.
-
Indiana Beach 2011 Calendar Posted
Robbie, When you want to go we can make a trip over. It is about 90 minutes from my house. A KIC trip would be fun. Several went last year and was not able to make it myself. I agree it was a run down quite a bit last year. When Morgan RV bought them a few years ago they repainted quite a bit in the park, (Water Slides and Kiddie area.) I was hoping they would continue that over the next few years, but we have not seen that happen.
-
Beast Of A Project
So I noticed that the old metal track is sitting on the hand railing in the video. So does the metal track not get replaced and reused? If so, do they do anything to it when replacing the track or just screw it back down to the freshly laid track?
-
Indiana Beach 2011 Calendar Posted
IB has posted it's 2011 Calendar. http://www.indianabeach.com/pages/indianabeach_calendar
-
Cedar Fair Units On The Rise
The site does not state why they changed it to neutral. Do you think they feel it has topped off?
-
Cedar Fair Units On The Rise
That makes sense.
-
Cedar Fair Units On The Rise
I put no stock in a site that can not even properly list what properties they own.
-
Planning?
Keep in mind, even though they might be planning no one says that have to go any further than planning. They might decide that is not the correct area for the proposed "Planning Project."
-
Cedar Fair Reports Record Results for 2010
http://www.msnbc.msn...ss-motley_fool/ I don't see Q giving in anytime soon, or at least till they get what they want!
-
Flashback Till Opening 2011
And you got very wet on KCKC! You just knew you would cool off after ridding.
-
Time for Timberwolf to exit stage left?
They have worked hard to get the shows at KI back to par again, maybe the next goal is to get some more concerts back at TW?
-
Planning?
I keep thinking it might be a coaster layout, but that just really does not make sense with those lines all over the place! I'm stumped.The only think that I think we can determine is the location of this "Planning."
-
Windseeker & Coney Mall Construction Continues
Lots of concrete being poured this morning in CM!
-
Flashback Till Opening 2011
As always, awesome pictures Paul! Thanks for sharing!
-
WindSeeker Construction is underway
WS cam not working for me today. Anyone else seeing this? http://www.visitkingsisland.com/public/fun/webcams/index.cfm