Everything posted by Creed Bratton
-
Fan Created Themed Attire Events
Can we please make either opening night or one of the nights for the Holiday Party be an Ugly Sweater portion? @malem I'm counting on you to communicate which one
-
Does KI compete with area parks?
Voyage is my least favorite in the park overall (no matter if trims are on or off). That ride really needs Millennium Flyers or Timberliners....I shouldn't come off feeling like I'm still shaking 20 minutes later and my head shouldn't feel like it's going to explode.
-
Kentucky Kingdom
An interesting article about Kentucky Kingdom and it's history: http://www.inparkmagazine.com/revitalizing-kentucky-kingdom/?utm_source=ITPS+Amusement+INdustry+News&utm_campaign=c49f643941-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_11_07&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_51d9c64022-c49f643941-231732317
-
Does KI compete with area parks?
I'm not sure how far of a reach Kentucky Kingdom has with Billboards into Ohio....but I will say I've not seen many, if at all near Columbus (an hour and a half ish away from KI). I did recently see one in Shelbyville, Indiana (an hour and a half ish away from KI)...I don't think Kentucky Kingdom really competes with the markets for Kings Island, you would think there would be more advertising in a higher populated area (Columbus) vs. a lower populated area (Shelbyville, Indiana). However, Shelbyville, In is closer to KK than Columbus, OH is.
-
Official: WinterFest 2017
-
Scooby Let Me Down.
I'd be okay if something similar was brought back...as I never got to experience either.
-
Fan Created Themed Attire Events
When members of the Brady Bunch crew came to the park, didn't some folks dress like them?
-
Expand X-Base?
I'm saying attention or not....there have been changes...some not for the better of the area such as taking away some of the theming that's been there.
-
2018 Construction in Coney Mall
It's not likely....as I know IOE on a very personal level and they have mentioned that it won't be switched for Winterfest in the conversations we've had.
-
Expand X-Base?
There have been small changes that most haven't noticed....there used to be some awesome perimeter lights on the fence back in X-Base..but they were quietly removed at some point this summer :/
-
Official: WinterFest 2017
California’s Great America
-
Ideas For Better Thrills!?
@SonofBaconator you have 5 minutes.
-
2018 Construction in Coney Mall
I wouldn't count on the shed changing....that'd require Holovis and IOE to come in and change the programming for it....IOE I know is busy with other projects.
-
2018 Construction in Coney Mall
Possibly...but we won't know until we see physical evidence.....I mean one thing we know for sure is that we won't see Santa's sleigh on Mystic Timbers.
-
2018 Construction in Coney Mall
It's likely due to the park using the normal map to show where attractions are when looking at the map feature....the one from the download link is what you'll see on the physical map when you pick it up at the park (updated for Winterfest obviously). I'd still look at it in the view of artistic liberties/filling space vs. a hint. I'd doubt they'd put a walk way in, in the 3.5 weeks before Winterfest to then place something in that plot of land after Winterfest.
-
2018 Construction in Coney Mall
This is the screenshot JubJester posted yesterday
-
Ideas For Better Thrills!?
I would need a much better layout than Valravn though....I like it..but it needs to be longer and/or do more.
-
Official: WinterFest 2017
As I replied in the Coney construction thread: It still has the former Coney Potato Works on the map as well...the path for Tower Gardens never really reached over that far....it's more like the artist took some liberties to fill space than anything. No hints there.
-
2018 Construction in Coney Mall
It still has the former Coney Potato Works on the map as well...the path for Tower Gardens never really reached over that far....it's more like the artist took some liberties to fill space than anything. No hints there..
-
2018 Construction in Coney Mall
Or it just won't be open....the map is missing lots of things!
-
Closure of Dinosaurs Alive and opening of lots of land.
I'm assuming because ours was the first installment. I'd look for the rest to close after next season.
-
Closure of Dinosaurs Alive and opening of lots of land.
That'd be awfully hard, as Arrow Dynamics is no longer in business.
-
Official: WinterFest 2017
Thanks @Imperial79 I was looking under the map feature when looking at attractions.
-
2018 Construction in Coney Mall
My question is how does Dollywood do it? A lot of their staff are of the retirement age. Their older staff operate rides, operate cash registers, usher shows, work in restaurants, etc. It's definitely a culture thing....these older folks are often the most cheerful folks, hard working and truly give great experiences. These folks are often working in their spots for numerous hours a day and then some. I remember a ride operator who opened Thunderhead for the day when I visited last year on opening day and she ended up operating Thunderhead through our ERT session that ended at 11 pm. She likely had breaks...but she still came back later on in the year. This year, I saw someone closing at Lightning Rod on preview night and saw them bright and early the next morning for our first rides/tour before the park opened. Dollywood is doing something right behind the scenes to keep these folks coming back year after year....why can't Kings Island and Cedar Fair?
-
Official: WinterFest 2017
You're right....I didn't zoom in far enough. I'm not seeing it? It looks like the normal map on my end.