Everything posted by thedevariouseffect
-
Best Cedar Fair Park?
Might need Pucker Powder before riding it, but nevertheless I'm riding it
-
Problems
Site was down for about 25 minutes on my end on WiFi x2 devices, and on mobile data connection x1
-
New Haunt attraction near The Beast this year?
Trench that has been dug could be to access utilities.
-
Verruckt - the world's tallest water slide @ Schlitterbahn Kansas is delayed... again...
It finished and slows to a trough that dumps out into a knee high pool but a lifeguard stands at the end of a trough I believe that is what the pads are for. Also again, the whole bottom of the drop to the finish was ripped up and redone, all the angles, length, etc. are all different. Only the drop height remains Still..hold my beer, let me ride.
-
Verruckt - the world's tallest water slide @ Schlitterbahn Kansas is delayed... again...
There are seatbelts on the rafts Also surprised, must be patented and owned only by Proslide, but surprised they used water pressure/air to move water up the hill, I thought they would use LIMs like other new water rides, but must be a Proslide only thing unfortunately. I'm interested which patents Schlitterbahn holds as they said they have designed alot. Especially during which they showed Flow Riders, or their version at least.
-
Verruckt - the world's tallest water slide @ Schlitterbahn Kansas is delayed... again...
As long as I stayed in the trough, if there were say high walls, I'd ride it in the original state. Freaking awesome ride..It has a, hold my beer, pucker up, and go kind of mentality, and that's fantastic Reminds me of the stupid stunt and thrill stuff I did as a kid with MTB doing XCountry, etc.
-
Current wait times
Most military get off in about 20 minutes today except for mission essential, which have about another 1-2 hours. There are those on leave already but I'd imagine they will already be there or there shortly. What you see now will probably be what you get unless you see a spike in the next hour or so.
-
Kings Island Banshee Event
Will be missing a bit with y'all Monday Morning, I have clinic coverage until 0900 so I'll be down by 1000 or 1015 at the latest unfortunately. Hopefully nothing other than park ERT is that morning, but honestly whatever I miss won't be too crazy I'd think, and if so ah well, at least I'm headed down to enjoy the park with y'all
-
Does Diamondback Really Have the Airtime Record?
Lol..or acronyms..so many military acronyms..Not even funny
-
Did we see the birth of a new tasty tradition at KI?
Plus the flavor combos are tasty and awesome
-
The Beast 35th Anniversary
Running of the bulls..fun times..slightly dangerous unfortunately..but insanely fun
-
Thunderbird has launched!
The beatings will continue until morale improves
-
Visited KI for the first time...
I need to go there again, haven't been in the park since Fahrenheit was put in there
-
WDW: Lights, Motors, Action hero car nearly loses roof
No you are!! Sadly this season so far it's Scoobys that actually I've seen that had the worst wrecks..two BRZ's messed up pretty bad. One hit tire wall with the rear end when the car broke free, another hit a cone & slid, hit the front fender/tire busted the tie rods clean off..Beautiful cars, easy and endless tuning options, and quite sexy. However, one needs to learn what happens with a well balanced RWD car that you slap a turbo on brand new of the showroom floor. Right now alot of kids with not much driving/racing experience are getting em and modding the hell out of em. Which granted people my age and younger are the target market. Still though, some of these 18 y/o kids I see with em and fishtail through the gears..need to learn how to properly drive with that much power on a light balanced car. Still not the worst amateur racing accident I've ever seen, one guy with a BEATIFUL 240sx literally hit a concrete footer holding a light pole, bent the frame..Felt so bad for the guy.
-
Time is running out!
Next item needs to be #THEGoble
-
WDW: Lights, Motors, Action hero car nearly loses roof
Real cars, real drivers, real stunts.. Crazy scary stuff.. Cars are like missiles, see it every week or so if I go AutoX...car hits the rubber tire barrier, doesn't always stay on the ground
-
Least favorite thrill coasters.
Mantis is a fun ride, not one of the "must" ride rides in the park for me, however if I get on it, I do have a blast.. As long as a few people I know on the crew don't high seat staple, stop me in the MCBR or safety brake as well It's a painful experience with that
-
Thunderbird has launched!
See also Velcro.. Or more commonly known as hook and loop fasteners in the Military
-
Verruckt - the world's tallest water slide @ Schlitterbahn Kansas is delayed... again...
Video is online, I kinda like the uncertainty, screw it lets just go do it, doing it because I can mentality.. Do I think they should have spent more R&D, oh yeah..but still this thing has such a beautiful pucker factor I rarely see in rides coming out anymore, this might be a ride that genuinely is terrifying, which I love the fact that it is. http://www.travelchannel.com/video/xtreme-waterparks
-
Current wait times
I seem to have misplaced my magic 8 ball..sorry
-
Verruckt - the world's tallest water slide @ Schlitterbahn Kansas is delayed... again...
First water rafting ride to have an inversion Too soon?
-
Thunderbird has launched!
Y'all can keep up with the 66 day deal, I'll wait for announcement day. Great great marketing strategy however, but I'm not one for the random tricks and whatnot lol, got tired of that quite early last year re: a few rides.
-
Verruckt - the world's tallest water slide @ Schlitterbahn Kansas is delayed... again...
Who is the manufacturer for this slide, is it produced in house? I thought Proslide took care of this, I expected better from them if so.
-
"Cirque Imagine" at Kings Island
^^^Totally agree with you. I expected good things after seeing the show @ CW, and the show @ CP
-
"Cirque Imagine" at Kings Island
Also FYI this show is not in house produced, so KI entertainment dept can't really take anything from it, other than having a theater and footing the bill for a company to come in and perform said show. Nonetheless great venue at KI, I try to see it every now and then when I have time