Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BeeastFarmer

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BeeastFarmer

  1. @DubVLegend, as I understand it, the two day tickets will be valid after the season passholder preview week, not during. So after the passholder week, I would assume that you can schedule more than one day with your pass.
  2. After caring for many, many people who suffer the damage of smoking, vaping and other forms of tobacco, I would be a lousy human being if I didn't. I can't tell you how many patients have died with lung cancer or suffered a life of misery with a trach.
  3. Of all the ridiculous things that I have read on KIC, this one takes the cake (get it?). Type One Diabetes is an autoimmune disease. I has nothing to do with eating habits or your weight. Type Two Diabetes can often show up in health people, or because of medications taken for other comorbidities. If one visits the park, one will likely burn more calories than are taken in. Smoking, on the other hand is 100% preventable. The lung, throat, tounge, esophagus and other related cancers can be stopped by not smoking, which also applies to the people who are exposed to second hand smoke. Unfortunately, nicotine is a highly addictive substance and is very difficult to quit. It has nothing to do with being weak-minded. I feel for those who are in the cycle. Please try and understand the struggles that smokers encounter if you do not smoke. They may be cutting down, or they may smoke once a day. Or, they may not be the "bad apple" that fits a stereotype. Conversely, if you smoke, please try and understand the position of non-smokers. Be courteous with your exhales and please dispose of your butts properly.
  4. It will definitely be interesting to see how this all plays out. WOF will be the one to follow. Is there a fan site for that park like KIC?
  5. But that would not generate clicks. You know more folks are going to click on a story that says that Orion is stuck on the lift hill, stranding rider, that a statement of "Our new ride experienced a technical delay caused by a sensor that tripped because a guest threw their bubblegum as the train ascended." It came on my FB memories a few days ago. Diamondback was stopped on the lift for 15 minutes and a Lexington overdramatic news station ran a story about it, based on cell phone footage someone had sent them (probably worked there or knew someone who did). They reported that riders were stranded and had to be rescued from extreme heights. The train was just past the wheels, so the last car was probably still flat. No less than 20 people posted on my wall, making sure I was ok or not dead. We dont have to know every little detail of what goes on, but our social media stars and over zealous regular media want the attention/clicks/money.
  6. What strange world is this that we agree again? I think a far more effective strategy would be to use the "fogger" machine (for lack of a better word) and send the train on a dry run. But that severely limits capacity.
  7. I have heard this floating around. The only people that really benefit from this sanitization are the people who ride immediately after cleaning has been completed. Because the next person who boards that seat after this rider could be exposed if the previous rider was shedding, and the virus lives on the surfaces and makes it to an orifice. Same thing with cleaning handrails in queue lines.
  8. ^Winner, winner, Knotts Chicken Dinner!
  9. ^My quiet spots include Tower Gardens, International Street near the fountains and the walkway that goes to Action Zone by KI theater. It is nice to sit down, drink something and listen to the music (thank goodness they have brought back great music!) and people watch. I'm an introverted extrovert, so I get to have solitude but have people around me to energize me.
  10. And we agree! I'd put it closer to about 15%.
  11. Ideally, you would perform proper hand hygiene before touching your face or mask. Ideally, you would doff your mask, dispose of it, perform hand hygiene, put a new mask on and continue on. What I see happening though, is people not performing hand hygiene, taking the mask off, placing it on the table or bench, seeing it blow on the ground with the wind, picking it up and replacing it without performing hand hygiene. And probably getting mad when an associate or rabid anti-masker signals a virtue about the policy.
  12. As I said in my post, the word "you" was not aimed at you particularly but in a plural sense for the general population. I'd tend to disagree with you on the percentage of the population, based purely on my anecdotal observations. Have you been to Kroger, Lowes or Walmart lately? Have you watched the news? You place a lot of faith in people, I don't.
  13. I don't think it can be generalized. It happens, yes. But in other contexts, it doesn't. When someone says they are doing to "teach others and be an example" it probably is virtue signaling. Virtue signaling is not always a bad thing. It can also be called modeling exemplary behavior.
  14. If you are wearing your mask correctly, then yes! If you choose not to wear a mask, then don't go to Kings Island. Never did I say to not wear a mask, I said to wear it effectively. In the case of the OVC guy, he was not. HW does not require masks and in his case, I believe it would have been better for him not to wear it. If you could see how many times he touched the mask around his mouth and nose you would get what I am saying. If he were a carrier of the virus, he would have potentially spread it more with all that than not wearing it all. Each person is responsible for their own actions. So if you are going to do, do it right or dont go. You never answered my questions about what is out of date, and did you look at the IG story. If not, that's cool, you do you. But it is very important to know how important the proper use of a face covering/mask is. If you end up going to the park, I hope you have fun, wear your face covering well, practice social distancing and pay particular attention to hand hygiene. Those things are what are going to help squash this. Not touching your mask, wearing it on your ear, chin, below your nose etc. (the word "you" in the previous sentence is a general term for the population, not you specifically, nor is it used in a pejorative context.)
  15. Specifically, what is outdated? I would also trust decades of evidence based practice over 3 months of guidelines that change almost weekly. N95 masks and their purpose have not changed. Surgical masks, standard masks have not changed. Virus and other particulates have not changed. Masks can contain large amounts of sputum and saliva, so wearing them can make a difference. But if they are not worn properly, hand hygiene is lax and social distancing is not in place, it is a moot point. Did you look at the OVC IG story from HW I posted? You should see exactly what I am talking about.
  16. I'm on the fence for the whole virtue signaling issue. I am required to wear a mask for 13 hours when I am working. But I have friends and family (some in healthcare) that insist on wearing a mask when driving alone, walking outside etc. I asked them why--they said to be an example. These are the same folks who are doing to on social media platforms. It could be even said that my post earlier about following scriptural guidelines to consider others as better than yourself could be construed. I just dont know. But if KI asks me to as a condition of entry, I will just because that is the correct thing to do.
  17. Sigh. The face coverings are not protecting you, unless it is a N95 rated mask, you have been fit tested, and it is changed frequently. KN95 masks are not the same thing as an N95 mask. You cannot have a large amount of facial hair and wear an N95 mask. The whole idea of this mask is a tight seal. Heat, humidity, and sunlight can degrade these masks, which for protection FROM others, require frequent changes. N95 masks should be reserved for people who are in close contact with active patients in a clinical setting. Not for personal enjoyment at Kings Island. Not to mention how miserable that would be. Cloth masks, surgical masks, standard masks, gaiters etc. serve a purpose to prevent large amounts of saliva and sputum from leaving your immediate area. The theory is that combined with social distancing, the chance of transmission is reduced. However, when a wearer doesn't know how to wear a mask properly, or the mask is ill fitted, the wearer is potentially causing more harm than good. Go to Instagram and look at the story. The guy behind the camera was constantly touching the mask, specifically in the area around the nose and mouth. If he has the virus, that area would be rich with particulates. Whatever he touches (lap bars, doors, all the things we touch in a park) This video, while in the context of a clinical setting contains the transferrable concept: Also important to note is hand hygiene. Soap and water is the preferred method, because not only does it clean the hands, but the friction serves to remove particulates when completed properly. Soap and water hand hygiene requires a specific sequence and time (usually singing happy birthday slowly x3) and sanitizer hand hygiene required a specific sequence and the hands must be rubbed until the sanitizer is dry. This is quicker with the foam types, but with the liquid types, which are more common now, it is often a long time to complete. The following video shows soap and water hand hygiene: This link shows how to do sanitizer: Just to note: In clinical settings, HC workers are found to not do proper hand hygiene frequently and they have been trained. Now think of non HC workers who have not been trained. Do you think they are transmitting the virus (if positive) as well as other things? Finally, this is an interesting video that shows how improper use of PPE gives a false sense of security: Enjoy!
  18. https://giphy.com/gifs/photobucket-demi-moore-themishkin-hS2tguWYRStJ6
  19. I ordered one of those neck goiter things from Amazon. I chose one that has the Orion blue color. It came and it looks a little effeminate because it is very light blue. Do I keep it and wear it proudly in support of our GiGa, or do I succumb to gender stereotypes and return it and get a black one? decisions, decisions...
  20. You gotta do what you gotta do, but know that you will be missed. Your posts are insightful without being overbearing. Don't let the rotten apple spoil the whole bunch.
  21. Will you be joining in on that?
  22. I plan on having a great time. My line of work makes me hyper aware of situations like this.
  23. Sorry/not sorry for the double post, but I wanted to nit pick some mask issues I saw just a moment ago. I saw an Instagram story from Ohio Valley Coaster, which I think does a great job. Today's person on camera though, would have been much better off not wearing a mask at all. His mask was made of cloth, and was very loose. you could see it is not tight behind his ear. Therefore, he was constantly moving the mask above his nose when it fell down. Great for being conscientious! However, if he was an asymptomatic carrier, the virus would be excreted in to the fibers of his mask through his mouth and nose. Constantly touching the mask, then touching surfaces, it transfers the virus to them. The next person who touches that surface picks up the virus, and then touches their nose and boom...possible transmission. Wearing a mask is great, but wearing it properly is more important.
  24. Everyone, head for your bunkers! @gforce1994 has identified Kings Island and surrounding areas as a death zone! He has ID'd Dollywood and Holiday World, what's next? Kentucky Kingdom and Six Flags Over Georgia?
  25. Checking on @Hawaiian Coasters 325 and @collin.klopfstein…..are you guys ok?
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.