Kentucky Kingdom

To debate that point to me is mute. I capitalize things because it is proper English and if I don't it's an honest typo.

I have no horse in this race; I've never been to the KK park, I don't work for them, I don't claim any level of ownership to the KIC site. I am a frequent visitor, lurker, and reader... my only comment is be careful what you post if you, in fact, do have have first hand experience.

Proper English?

You mean moot--which means hypothetical, not mute, which means silent.

Oh, the irony that post have have!

• Like 5

Have there been any reports of the new trains being on site yet?  Pictures, anything?

I've been to several coaster fan sites as well as anything else KK related and there is absolutely nothing yet concerning the whereabouts of T3's trains. 

I seem to recall Vekoma having quite a hard time installing new trains on Goliath at SFNE...

• Like 2

Have there been any reports of the new trains being on site yet?  Pictures, anything?

I've been to several coaster fan sites as well as anything else KK related and there is absolutely nothing yet concerning the whereabouts of T3's trains. 

I seem to recall Vekoma having quite a hard time installing new trains on Goliath at SFNE...

Those new trains were from Premier, as I understand it. Still doesn't explain why Kentucky Kingdom's keeping so quiet about T3.

• Like 1

I just saw a KK commercial on the local CBS affiliate.  It was advertising the season pass for $59.95 at Lexington area Kroger stores.  It was actually a pretty decent commercial, piqued my interest away from online bill paying.  They featured T3, but it was obviously old footage because the coaster was not painted red.  I'm glad to see some advertising somewhere beside social media.

• Like 3

I just saw a KK commercial on the local CBS affiliate.

"Local" referring to what market? Louisville or somewhere else?

Sorry, it was the Lexington market.  Interesting in that, as far as I know, Louisville area Kroger stores sell the season pass for $79.95. 

• Like 4

With as bad as cash flow appears to be they may be lucky to make it through the season.

Don't worry though Hart will be sure to lay blame on the lack of support and excitement from locals and negative online opinions.  He has no fault in the matter.

• Like 6

no, it just took him a really long time to hit 1 million, its going to take some time, i have heard good things from people saying how they love the park and how they hope it doesn't close, but speaking of Kentucky Kingdom, has anyone heard news on the lawsuit lately?

The entire amusement industry had a chance to save Kentucky Kingdom.

The Commonwealth put out a request for proposals. It got no responsive proposals. None. It got only one response at all. From Hart & Co. Only after intense negotiations was a deal reached.

This park has massive government subsidies. It unfairly competes with Holiday World, Beech Bend, Kings Island. Those parks are not creatures of their states.

Ed Hart's main business partner is a high muckety-muck in the Democrat Party. In fact, he once ran against Mitch McConnell. And lost. The sitting Governor is a Democrat. A Louisville councilman supported opening the park to keep kids from breaking into cars.

Sometimes I think this park is more of a political stunt than a true business effort.

I stated those views here. I go opening day. Denied entry and assisted out of the park by two burley security guards. Which the park now denies.

Now, the main so-called new attraction for 2015 will apparently sit idle until after Memorial Day.

• Like 9

Have you ever gone to an exotic car dealership and looked at a new Ferrari?  When you left, did you go on Facebook or fan sites saying you did so?  Why not?

Its better to not talk about something, you cannot afford to own.

• Like 3

Have you ever gone to an exotic car dealership and looked at a new Ferrari?  When you left, did you go on Facebook or fan sites saying you did so?  Why not?

Its better to not talk about something, you cannot afford to own.

Well I imagine they have some sort of plan.  They wouldn't be boasting of a May 30th opening of T3 if ^that is the case. 

I suspect it will be concerning the future of Twisted Twins though. 

• Like 1

If Hart put the kind of effort, investment and dedication into Kentucky Kingdom that the Joneses have put into Beech Bend the past 10 years, the park would be thriving. (Note that the Joneses have owned the park since the mid to late 80s, but much of the major investment has come in the past 10 years - particularly Kentucky Rumbler, which put the park on the map for many a coaster enthusiast).

• Like 5