Possible Ride Station Location?

the problem w/ Shaggy's layout (which I think would make great use of the land) is that the ride would potentially (likely?) have to be shut down anytime timberwolf is in use. Now, as far as I know, that is only 1 time a year (the jesus rock festival).

I know the Jesus Rock Festival (sorry, can't think of the exact name) is popular w/ those that attend, and IIRC, I've read that it draws pretty strong crowds, but still, one area that big for 1 weekend a year? Seems like a waste of space/resources unless that festival is bringin in a bunch of revenue compared to the cost of upkeep in the area.

So w/ apologies to those that love that weekend, my proposal would be to take the layout that shaggy presents while taking out timberwolf at the same time. In the meantime, I'd turn the timberwolf area into an island like experience, w/ a moat/pond sorrounding the area. I'd combine the water features into ride overs for the new coaster, then I'd take the Island and add another "young riders area" I'd turn Planet Snoopy into an area ideally serving kids 40" and under, while turning this new area into an experience for kids 42" - 48" and their parents. I'm thinking the return of the flying eagles, a junior coaster type ride (kind of like how Flying Ace Ariel Chase is 44" requirement), etc...

then w/ my mind on the future, I'd take the walkway behind delerium, along w/ the removal of the go karts to creat a path back to a new area of King's Island that could utilze the land around and behind SOB.

Perhaps I didn't state if properly, but I'm not thinknig about a "kiddie land" like Planet Snoopy per say, but an area with a group of attractions good for the 42" - 48" and above crowd. I would think a flying eagle type ride would work great in that area as its a ride the whole family could ride.

But any rate, tggrr makes a great observation. I have little doubt that Luminosity is heading KI's way. Revamp/upgrade timberwolf for the luminosity stage, then any new rollercoaster running behind it could implement lights to interact with the luminosity experience. Makes a whole lot of sense from multiple angles.

My ideal Action Zone redo would be them tearing out the water tower and area where the circular target design is on the concrete and putting in a fountain, or trees and grass, or both. Making Timberwolf a luminosity stage. Put an Intamin Blitz coaster in, with the station where the go-carts are, with the ride travelling toward part of the Son of Beast Area. Then, they should make a new area extending out to where the rest of Son of Beast is at.

I made this on paint to show what I mean. Water tower area removed, replaced with trees. Neon green section would be new area of park, and I also used Maverick to show where I would want the Intamin Blitz coaster

2u9la21.png

• Like 6

I feel as much as I hate pay for attractions in parks the cars will be there for a while, as it makes extra income.

Love the thoughts of a timberwolf used for a show!

Also need flying eagles back, I feel even rivertown and Action Zone could use family rides.

My ideal Action Zone redo would be them tearing out the water tower and area where the circular target design is on the concrete and putting in a fountain, or trees and grass, or both. Making Timberwolf a luminosity stage. Put an Intamin Blitz coaster in, with the station where the go-carts are, with the ride travelling toward part of the Son of Beast Area. Then, they should make a new area extending out to where the rest of Son of Beast is at.

I made this on paint to show what I mean. Water tower area removed, replaced with trees. Neon green section would be new area of park, and I also used Maverick to show where I would want the Intamin Blitz coaster

2u9la21.png

I like this idea but i don't like the idea that the new area wouldn't connect to any other areas :P I think it would be cool to start the area in the back of AZ and continue it over behind Firehawk and connect it with XBase.

Yeah I always hated when areas would have a dead end. I like it when the park is one big loop and you can go into another area without having to walk back through the one you're in. But it's still a great idea, if only it could connect to X-Base.

• Like 3

Yeah I always hated when areas would have a dead end. I like it when the park is one big loop and you can go into another area without having to walk back through the one you're in. But it's still a great idea, if only it could connect to X-Base.

That would be nice but I don't think that Kings Island is going to connect anything to X-Base for a long time.

That would be nice but I don't think that Kings Island is going to connect anything to X-Base for a long time.

Kings Island Areas

I don't think it would be too much of a problem considering the idea i proposed wouldn't be much larger than coney mall

• Like 2

http://www.flickr.co...157630813903562

I don't think it would be too much of a problem considering the idea i proposed wouldn't be much larger than coney mall

Looking at that picture, Now I see what you meant more clearly. It really wouldn't be that hard I guess, Thats the best idea I've seen yet.

I hope and pray we don't get a B&M Giga. I just don't see the point. We have Diamondback, I just don't think we need bigger Diamondback. Now an Intamin Giga... I'd take one of those happily in a heartbeat. But you'd not see me show up on opening day and wait in a 5 hour line for a ride we essentially already have.

That is completely false. Behemoth and Leviathan provide completely different ride experiences. I have ridden each of them at least 25 times and can say that Behemoth and Diamondback are very similar rides. Leviathan is completely different. This ride is more of a twister with occasional airtime (extremely strong floater air). Think Millennium Force with much, much stronger airtime. This is most unique B&M coaster I have been on.

Diamondback, Intimidator and Behemoth are airtime machines. Think smoother versions of Magnum XL-200.

To be honest, I prefer Intamin Hyper/Giga coasters. A giga version of Bizarro would be perfect.

• Like 3

Maybe DBInternational will make the rest of the coaster. ;)

I did it and it looked like poo... so i just took leviathan's track layout, edited it and stuck it there. Oh and gave it the name Mammoth (it was all i could come up with) :lol: heres what it looks like

mammoth.png

Thats a great design but the name probably wouldn't work because Holiday World in Santa Claus, IN has a water coaster named Mammoth.