Intimidator 305 Closed: Cable Lift Problems

^

Is that a cheap shot to my parenting??? Also thats a low blow bro and has no place here. That is all six flags:

• In June 2007, a 13-year-old girl had both of her feet severed at the ankles on Superman: Tower of Power at Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom. A ride malfunction caused a cable to snap and a cord to wrap around the girl's feet, amputating both of them. She was brought to the hospital in critical condition [8] and the park was later fined $1,000 for not properly maintaining the ride. The girl survived the accident and doctors were able to re-attach her right foot. A settlement was later reached with Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom that will provide for her throughout her life.[9]
  • Like 3

What??? Somehow you are the only one that is allowed to have an opinion? Funny how you now want to change the rules to suit yourself.

Aside from the most obvious:

One accident could be a park's fault, but dozens by one ride company is an epidemic.

Too bad you can't handle the truth.

Sleep well! :)

You guys are seeming to make the generalization that YoungStud really likes Intamins so therefore he is okay with fatalities on amusement rides.

You are absolutely correct.

And until he can acknowledge the good, the bad, and the ugly about Intamin, it is impossible to believe otherwise.

• Like 7

I think we can all agree that we have differing opinions.

I absolutely did not enjoy Maverick when I went to CP. The ride was to rough and jerky for me and just didnt do anything for me as a ride. I like rides with speed and movement (slow transitions).

However, I absolutely loved TTD. At the time I rode them, I could not have told you they were created by the same company.

I did not enjoy Raptor, but I loved Hulk and Diamondback. Again, at the time of riding, I could not have told you they were the same ride company.

Many of my favorite coasters are not aligned to a single company. Griffon, TTD, Beast, Flight Deck, Big Bad Wolf, Alpengeist, Racer, King Cobra

• Like 2

The reason you only see Intamin with cable lifts & the lot are probably due to very extensive copyrights. Look at Crypt/Tomb Raider, the seating, theming, and all had to be taken down due to their copyrights. They removed a row, literally because of that, or for what I've seen/heard, I'm sure others will chime in to follow.

During the transition from Tomb Raider to The Crypt, the front row of the gondola was removed so the gondola could be reduced in weight. This would, in theory, allow for a more acrobatic ride cycle to make up for the lost theming. The new ride cycle tore up the machinery more than the TRTR cycle so the cycle was yet again changed to the less intense two-flip cycle. If I can recall correctly, the ride opened with a two flip cycle and closed with a similar cycle.

This happend way before the ride was transformed to the Crypt! Paramount was the one who reduced the rows of the gondola not Cedar Fair!

• Like 1

I absolutely did not enjoy Maverick when I went to CP. The ride was to rough and jerky for me and just didnt do anything for me as a ride. I like rides with speed and movement (slow transitions).

I always thought Maverick essentially defined speed and movement...

Maverick has speed but it is too herky jerky for me. I like rides that are fast and have slow transitions. I like the idea of "flying."

• Like 1

^ Thats very possible. But I also rode Raptor almost 17 years after it opened so im not sure if that has anything to do with it. But I will admit that Im okay with rides that are not very forceful. Give me speed and height but force is not something I need for a ride to be enjoyable (to me).

But I dont think they should make every ride have no force. I appreciate these rides (the ones I mentioned) because I could compare them to other rides. Next time I go to CP, I will ride Raptor, Maverick but they are not top rides to me. TTD on the other hand.......

• Like 1

I personally do not recall Paramount Parks making the row alteration to TR:TR. I do recall they often would not load a row if there were not enough riders to fill the gondola. However I don't think the complete removal of seats occurred under their ownership.

There WERE significant mechanical/operational modifications made to the ride by Paramount Parks. In particular, the ride recieved a technical/safety overhaul to the load operator platforms where ALL loading ops were required to press a start button in order for the ride program to begin. This was changed following a very hush-hush, non publicized and ultra scary incident invovling a loading ride op.

Shaggy

• Like 5

Is that when the ride ops started wearing the headsets too? Holy cow! I was always scared for the ops loading the seats in low level lighting, wondering how they might not be seen from the control booth.

Not sure about headsets, but I dont' think they were added with this particular incident.

• Like 2

Interesting...I am curious, when a ride op pushes the green button and gives the thumbs up on a ride, does this effect the start of a ride, or is this just an indicator type thing for the main operator?

With most, the load ops who are required to press a button do so in tandem with the driver. If the buttons are not pushed simultaniously, the ride will not start.

• Like 1