“Enhanced” Pass Perks?

BoddaH1994

IMG_6337.jpeg

I was going over the Prestige Pass benefits and saw the Enhanced Pass Perks as a reward. I had totally forgotten about this. 

My question is, has anyone with a Prestige Pass experienced this? I know that people would get random emails for buy one, get one cotton candy or a free day of access to the VIP Lounge, but this implies that something different in the program for Prestige people. 

I know that the program has been in its infancy for the past half-decade, but I haven’t received anything from it this year - and this is after visiting regularly and even spending money in-park. 

Am I missing out on something or is this a perk that has yet to be delivered? 

• Like 3

So far my Enhanced Pass Perks looks to be more surveys about how disappointed we are with the Prestige Pass. I've gotten 3 of them so far this year. But they did send one pass perk which according to the email was specific to the Enhanced Pass Perks.

Your latest Kings Island Pass Perks Reward
7539D617F9D52CC7218467B2457F6D44.png
We did the savings for you! Bring up to four friends for $24.99 Each.* VIP lounge access and single-use Fast Lane included!
Offer expires May 31, 2023
Here's how to redeem your Enhanced pass perk:
NEW for 2023! Save time and redeem online using promo code KIPRBAFLOY. Don't forget to redeem your Single-Use Fast Lane at any in-park Fast Lane location.
  • Like 2

As far as I can tell I have not received a single Pass Perk, enhanced or otherwise all season.

As I remember this requires being signed up for marketing emails from the park.  But as far as I can tell I am signed up, I have checked my account on the website they have the correct email address, my account shows marketing emails are turned on.  So far, nothing.

Frankly the whole pass perks program has always felt worthless.  At the very least they need some other way to provide the perks.  Maybe integrate it into the park app.

But then I still hate how parks hide things on your account.  This is not just Kings Island/Cedar Fair either.  But for instance the 2 free bring a friend tickets, the renewal Fast Lane, etc they are all “loaded” into your account with no way to see them.  You have no way to verify the correct item was used.  Early renewal gave a free bring a friend ticket, the Prestige pass gave two.  They expired at different times and zero way to check what was consumed if they got loaded into the account correctly, etc.  The black hole really makes you not want to use them or makes you forget they exist.  I cannot help but wonder if it’s on purpose.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
Just now, Orion-XL200 said:

Due to budget cuts, pass perks will be just spoken about but not actually implemented. 

Just like most of the Prestige benefits :P

As you know, KD gets Prestige next year but many benefits started this year (sound familiar). I hear that the Prestige passholders at KD are already seeing the same sort of nonsense going on after purchasing theirs for next year as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Just like most of the Prestige benefits :P

As you know, KD gets Prestige next year but many benefits started this year (sound familiar). I hear that the Prestige passholders at KD are already seeing the same sort of nonsense going on after purchasing theirs for next year as well.

What have you heard?

I was under the understanding that they moved on from the “over-promise and under-deliver” phase to the “sucker born every minute” phase.

10 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

What have you heard?

I was under the understanding that they moved on from the “over-promise and under-deliver” phase to the “sucker born every minute” phase.

I heard they completely removed the early exclusive line benefit already.  You know the same one that we still have here, but isn't enforced AT ALL and many times takes the longest to get thru, so for all intents and purposes isn't a benefit at all LOL

27 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

I heard they completely removed the early exclusive line benefit already.  You know the same one that we still have here, but isn't enforced AT ALL and many times takes the longest to get thru, so for all intents and purposes isn't a benefit at all LOL

Yeah, well, boy do I have a comeback for you!

IMG_8758.jpeg

The fact that you think the patrons of Kings Dominion should get what was advertised to them when they made their purchasing decision is as adorable as it is predictable. So entitled…

28 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Yeah, well, boy do I have a comeback for you!

IMG_8758.jpeg

The fact that you think the patrons of Kings Dominion should get what was advertised to them when they made their purchasing decision is as adorable as it is predictable. So entitled…

The desktop version of the site is much more straight forward. :P

IMG_3801.jpeg

• Haha 2

I will say again, I truly do not understand how the heck "pass perks" work. It should be a simply, clearly laid out process by which you are rewarded for your visits as they state for passholders. But I have heard time and time again by so many on various forums saying they have visited a great many times over the season and didn't receive one single perk while someone who maybe visited twice got a perk. It almost seems as if the computer in charge is just randomly giving perks out vs actually rewarding folks.

Please, for the love of whatever higher power there is, please implement a rewards system that actually makes sense and preferably one with an actual interactive part of the app where you can see a meter or some visual representation of what you've earned and what exactly each earning category gets you. Like 1 visit=100 points or something like that. I've said something pretty verbatim before on another thread and it is definitely worth saying again. 

• Like 2

Just now, DJSkyFoxx said:

I will say again, I truly do not understand how the heck "pass perks" work. It should be a simply, clearly laid out process by which you are rewarded for your visits as they state for passholders. But I have heard time and time again by so many on various forums saying they have visited a great many times over the season and didn't receive one single perk while someone who maybe visited twice got a perk. It almost seems as if the computer in charge is just randomly giving perks out vs actually rewarding folks.

Please, for the love of whatever higher power there is, please implement a rewards system that actually makes sense and preferably one with an actual interactive part of the app where you can see a meter or some visual representation of what you've earned and what exactly each earning category gets you. Like 1 visit=100 points or something like that. I've said something pretty verbatim before on another thread and it is definitely worth saying again. 

The original Fun Perks program in 2012 was based on spending in the park, but even then the metrics of how much needed to be spent were never presented.

The new pass perks seem to be based on not visiting and are used to try to entice people to visit the park.  I know way more people that rarely visit that got a pass perk than those that frequent the place.  And enhanced perks for the Prestige - forget about it LOL.

• Sad 1

On 11/28/2023 at 8:24 AM, DJSkyFoxx said:

Actually based on this it seems that the system isn't random. People that are visiting a lot aren't getting perks as they don't seem to need an incentive to come visit the park. Those coming only once or twice, the park is trying to get to come more frequently so that they will spend money on food, drinks, games, etc. while in the park. And in the case of the perk Stoan showed above, they are doing it by offering a fantastic perk to bring 4 additional people with you so they can collect as much money in that one extra visit they are getting out of you with the perk.

As Tr0y said, it would be nice if rewards were based on in park spending so they more you go/spend the more you get, but it seems likely it is the reverse and it is just being used to entice people back that aren't coming as frequently.

• Like 1

The worst part about these kinds of things is the missed opportunities.  The number of people saying I visited frequently and never received a perk.  If they are visiting frequently they should be receiving opportunities to try to push them into spending more money in the park.  Spend X amount get Y item free, or just an extra discount.  But one, get one free, on certain snack items.  Discounts on midway games.  Provide extra bring a friend free tickets only usable on weekdays or other slower times of the year.

Instead it was, your already going to the park so we will just totally ignore you.  I have not received a single pass perk all year.  Some of those perks would have been completely ignored, but others could have been the push I needed to spend more money.

• Like 3

More parks (Hershey, SEAS) are moving to a tiered rewards system for X numbers of visits.  They need to send perks to folks that don't visit and create a reward system based on number of visits for freq visitors.  Also keeps people engaged and active on social media even if they are just trying to understand the rewards or showing off what they have earned.

On 12/7/2023 at 2:13 PM, jimlaheyscar said:

More parks (Hershey, SEAS) are moving to a tiered rewards system for X numbers of visits.  They need to send perks to folks that don't visit and create a reward system based on number of visits for freq visitors.  Also keeps people engaged and active on social media even if they are just trying to understand the rewards or showing off what they have earned.

You mean like this?

IMG_3836.jpeg

• Like 2

On 12/4/2023 at 10:59 AM, Tr0y said:

**Edited** My bad wrong chain. :P

IMG_3815.png

Fun fact, I use my pass perks more at Universal Orlando than I do at KI. Who could say no to getting that sweet express after 5 included with your AP, and an air conditioned pass holder lounge with chargers! 

I rarely look at my email, I rarely look at what’s going on with the pass perks. I am quite content in getting my discounted merchandise once every few months and getting my pass mandated meal and beverage within the allocated time parameters. (No kidding I time it out to the second every trip I take to the likes of CP or KI)