Cedar Point "Christmas in the Park"

Not sure why, but I decided to check if Cedar Point had a "WinterFest".  It seems they had something called "Christmas in the Park" back in 1994.  I don't have anything to back that up except some old message boards.

Did anyone here attend?  Why didn't CF pursue it more?  Was it just too miserable with weather coming off the lake?  Would you attend if they started something similar again??

Cedar Point, compared to most other CF parks, is more or less out in the middle of nowhere (its over an hour from Cleveland, Akron and Toledo, Columbus and Detroit are around 2) and most people don't want to trek over an hour in the cold, plus one bit of lake effect snow and you cancel.  Also, CP has a big lack of indoor facilities.  

• Like 3

I just realized its only the former Paramount parks that are doing Winterfests.  All those are close to big cities.

Kings Island- Cincinnati

Carowinds- Charlotte

Kings Dominion- Richmond and piggy back's off Williamsburg, not too far from DC going by east coast travel standards

Canada's Wonderland- Toronto

CGA- San Fransisco 

• Like 2

We attended Christmas in the Park but we did not do the carriage ride through the park. Only the area near the front of the park between the front gate and Sky Ride station was open. Still though it was quite a unique experience to see the park in the off-season in a time before Winter Chill Out, HalloWeekends and the park even being open until the end of October.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2023 at 1:24 AM, rhyano said:

Being on the peninsula is miserable in October, I cannot imagine it during December. 

Heck, opening day 2013 for Gate Keeper was also incredibly miserable. It was insanely cold for being the time of year that it was. It probably didn't help matters that I was sick. But still. Brrrr.