Tricks and Treats Fall Fest 2024

Timchat2

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/events/tricks-and-treats

Tricks and Treats Fall Fest is seeing a few changes for 2024 with the addition of the Spectral Sisters and the Candy Horns, both staples of Tricks and Treats events at other legacy Cedar Fair parks.

The Spectral Sisters perform on a balcony at California's Great America. Would that be possible on one of the International Street balconies? I'm not sure if any of them were built to support the weight of a person.

Also it appears the costume contest will have a single host instead of the entire Costume Council like previous years.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2024 at 3:22 PM, Orion742 said:

Do you remember where you saw that?

Planet Snoopy and Camp Snoopy are closed on Fridays and will close at 7:00 PM on Saturdays and Sundays during Halloween Haunt.

3 hours ago, Stoan said:

Planet Snoopy and Camp Snoopy are closed on Fridays and will close at 7:00 PM on Saturdays and Sundays during Halloween Haunt.

I always remembered them closing at 7 IIRC. It did create an unfortunate overlap because kids would still be in PS when the monsters would come out and families would have to walk past them if they wanted to leave.

I know the park lets out warnings before Haunt begins but when you close your kids rides right when the monsters come out, you’re going to have overlap. Personally I think the PS rides should close at 6-6:30P at the latest to remove that overlap entirely.

On a side note, I do like how in the past they had part of the kids Halloween event in Soak City so families could park on the water park side of the parking lot and avoid the monsters entirely by walking between PS and SC, though I’m sure staffing and logistics was a good reason why it didn’t return; one less side of the park to staff.

33 minutes ago, DJSkyFoxx said:

I wish they'd bring back the tasting cards. I remember they did it one year and it was awesome because it allowed one to save a little money while also getting to try multiple specialty foods. I like the sound of the offerings this year. I suppose we shall see how they look/taste. 

I don’t know what their reasoning is for getting rid of them. It makes it so much easier for both sides of the transaction. 

5 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

It was very evident at the Wine Fest and Grand Carnivale that was a very bad decision. 

I don’t see them bringing back the tasting card for haunt due to the fact they didn’t have them last year. But I totally think it is possible that they bring them back for grand carnivale, since food sales appeared to be down just by looking at the food stands. Hopefully they bring it to food and wine next year especially after how the event appeared to be a flop. I don’t know much about Ohio liquor laws so I don’t know if it would be possible to do a card, but I know they can do the tasting flights of wine like they did this year. I do wonder why they did get rid of the tasting cards instead of just raising the price of them.

3 hours ago, SmartCat7162 said:

I don’t see them bringing back the tasting card for haunt due to the fact they didn’t have them last year. But I totally think it is possible that they bring them back for grand carnivale, since food sales appeared to be down just by looking at the food stands. Hopefully they bring it to food and wine next year especially after how the event appeared to be a flop. I don’t know much about Ohio liquor laws so I don’t know if it would be possible to do a card, but I know they can do the tasting flights of wine like they did this year. I do wonder why they did get rid of the tasting cards instead of just raising the price of them.

Ohio Liquor laws do allow a permit holder from offering tasting cards or flights, depending on the type of liquor permit. Pretty much, if you've got a permit, you have certain parameters of where alcohol can be consumed, where it cannot, who can be served it (of course 21+), and types of alcohol allowed to be served., who can serve the alcohol,  etc.

• Like 1