Soft Drinks 2007

Hank

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a complete lack of concentration on service by having the vending machines. I would like to see CF move away from that. The vending machines were completly a Paramount addition to the park. It's one of the things that needs to go by the wayside.

Considering the amount of vending machines around CP (the Raptor and Magnum queues come to mind immediately), I don't think that's a revenue source Cedar Fair is shying away from...

Holiday World has Pepsi as a sponsor, and all beverages (except milk and milk products) are free with admission, all day long.

In my opinion you pay a lot for what you get at holiday world, besides the 2 or 3 roller coasters they really don't have much if you don't care for water parks.

I noticed that their season pass costs more than I paid for the max pass, yikes!!!

I prefer fountain soda, thank you. Quite frankly, I'd rather drink warm tap water than any carbonated beverage out of a plastic bottle with no ice, and as often as not, the vending machine product is warm when delivered. Not only that, but if there is any problem with my fountain soda, I can go back to the seller and they will nicely replace it for me. Try THAT with a vending machine!

Why do I suspect some of this is generational? I'd rather have service from a person than a faceless, uncaring machine any day. And, come to think of it, I've seldom had a restaurant worker take my money and give me nothing at all!

I prefer fountain soda, thank you. Quite frankly, I'd rather drink warm tap water than any carbonated beverage out of a plastic bottle with no ice, and as often as not, the vending machine product is warm when delivered. Not only that, but if there is any problem with my fountain soda, I can go back to the seller and they will nicely replace it for me. Try THAT with a vending machine!

Why do I suspect some of this is generational? I'd rather have service from a person than a faceless, uncaring machine any day. And, come to think of it, I've seldom had a restaurant worker take my money and give me nothing at all!

I think you and I understand that, though.

It's all part of the experience.

I know a lot of you are youngsters and money is either easily had or given - in other words, you're wealthy. Those of us with families who are just trying to get by (quite a bit of the country, I'm told) almost have to float a loan for a day at an amusement park. Hell, it's a fortune to take the family to a current movie at a theatre! Any day I'd pay $3 for a bottle of pop - I'll drink water. And the parking prices suck big time, too! One day - and it won't be too far in the future - the parks will price themselves out of business. Mark my words...some parks have already seen a drop in attendance and some have closed. Even the great Universal Studios is doing rather poorly, as mentioned in other topics. I love coasters and such, but believe me; if it's a matter of paying my bills, keeping my house and car, and educating my children, the parks drop to the bottom of my "must do" list, as do buying a new car, going out to eat, getting new clothes, taking vacations, remodeling the kitchen (with the leaking ceiling), even giving to church!

So, even though I started this thread, I guess it really doesn't matter what they sell in the way soft drinks. If I do, indeed, go to the park this year, good old H2O will have to quench my thirst for the day. It's all I can really afford.

I thought there was a legality behind the ice water. Wouldn't it put a black eye on the park if someone had a heat stroke there and the news reported that they either couldn't or wouldn't pay the 'outstanding inflated prices' that the park offers?

As far as Coney goes, I think the charge is for the physical cup itself, not the ice and water.

I thought there was a legality behind the ice water. Wouldn't it put a black eye on the park if someone had a heat stroke there and the news reported that they either couldn't or wouldn't pay the 'outstanding inflated prices' that the park offers?

As far as Coney goes, I think the charge is for the physical cup itself, not the ice and water.

That's actually why Kings Island does serve water at the stands. Not for legality but because of the heat stroke issue. When I started in food service there was a time water was not given at the stands. Then there was the Service Excellence focus and the concern about heat stroke and water was given out.

They need to sell bottle water a lot cheaper. Its easier to carry around than a cup and you don't have to keep waiting in line to asking for 500 ice waters in the midget cup.

It takes just as long to wait in line for bottle water as it does for FREE cup of ice water. Also there are drinking fountains located through out the park. Cups are far less expensive than bottled water in the first place. If one cup will not cure the thirst, just ask for another FREE refill of ice water.

Mike