Kings Island Removing an Attraction?

BoddaH1994

1. Why "Rest in Pieces" instead of the normal "Rest in Peace"?
  2. "It's Big it's Gone" is a strange phrase..."It's Gone" means it's already gone...it doesn't say "When it's Gone", or "Will be Gone", or "soon to be removed".
  3. Does "Big" refer to the size of what's gone (or what's going to be gone), or does big refer to the fact that it's gone, like it's a big deal that it's gone?

So many questions!

• Like 7

Someone mentioned how there are old, dead flowers and new flowers to suggest it died twice. Could mean two things. First, Dinosaurs Alive is still back in the woods, just closed to the public and no Dinosaurs, and it's officially going to be removed. Secondly, if it's Firehawk, it could symbolize how it "died" when X-Flight was removed from Geauga Lake and it's going to "die" again.

• Like 4

1. Why "Rest in Pieces" instead of the normal "Rest in Peace"?
  2. "It's Big it's Gone" is a strange phrase..."It's Gone" means it's already gone...it doesn't say "When it's Gone", or "Will be Gone", or "soon to be removed".
  3. Does "Big" refer to the size of what's gone (or what's going to be gone), or does big refer to the fact that it's gone, like it's a big deal that it's gone?
So many questions!

This does make for an interesting thought. Maybe instead of removing something, it’s about something that is already gone? Instead of a funeral, time to bring something back from the dead? The SoB tombstone is near there...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, upstop said:

4. “ILL fated demise” sounds like something is going to be “put to death”

also just a bit of coincidental information, Canada’s Wonderland is changing the names of their Vortex coaster to something else for next year.

Another odd phrase.

From Merriam-Webster:

Definition of Ill-Fated 

1: having or destined to a hapless fate : UNFORTUNATE an ill-fated expedition

2: that causes or marks the beginning of misfortune

Definition of Demise 

(Entry 1 of 2)

1a: DEATH

b: a cessation of existence or activity

c: a loss of position or status

2: the conveyance of an estate

3: transfer of the sovereignty to a successor

Definition of Demise (Entry 2 of 2)

transitive verb

1: to convey by will or lease demise an estate

2: to transmit by succession or inheritance

3: obsolete : CONVEY, GIVE

intransitive verb

1: DIE, DECEASE

2: to pass by descent or bequest the property has demised to the king's heirs

So, Kings Island is making final preparations for the unfortunate death, loss of position, conveyance, succession, or the passing on of property to the king's heirs of one of their own.  Interesting.  :D

• Like 3

Firehawk was my favorite coaster until Banshee came. I still ride it every time I go. It's so unique and fun to me. I'll be so sad if this is true. Seen alot of people mention the red and yellow flowers on the wreath ... to me the sides of the chairs look like they are spray painted yellow and red too but maybe its just a reflection or light? 

• Like 3

If you watch the promo for MT, the vines represented nature taking back its land...I couldn't help but notice there are vines on the Flight Commander tombstone, and there is currently a new attraction being installed on that site...could be clues, could be a coincidence...I guess it would depend on of there was any pattern to which tombstones they put vines on.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Not sure I follow your point @GigaLover. Were we to get a hit from those tweets?

“The Guessing Game” and Vortex in the same picture could be construed as a clue. Seems like that guy likes to have a little fun with Twitter around the park but has never really said anything groundbreaking or with any real substance.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

“The Guessing Game” and Vortex in the same picture could be construed as a clue. Seems like that guy likes to have a little fun with Twitter around the park but has never really said anything groundbreaking or with any real substance.

Right the picture of “guessing game” 

And the picture of beast entrance that also shows outpost 5 material 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chuck norris said:

Other tombstones near the proposed burial site.ce86aa3d05c4f403afc7180905420b28.jpg

SOB was demolished in November of 2012. "Board to death" since then, would be a point in favor of those arguing the SOB revival theory. All the Outpost 5 links are a dead giveaway but its fun watching the crowd lean towards the removal of Firehawk. Who knows? It could be both. I'll go ahead and say this will probably be an announcement for a SOB revival. 

I'll guess REVENGE OF BEAST as it's title. Or The Beastie for old times sake.

"The air is eerily clear" makes me think of The Vortex. Assuming "big" doesn't refers to its place in park history, the Vortex has been a major staple at the park for decades. If removed, it would be an end of era. It also makes me think of WindSeeker, but that doesn't fit the "big" clue. At least, to me it doesn't.

Firehawk, however, isn't something I ride as often. It's never been something I would wait for if I can walk right onto rides like The Beast, Diamondback, Banshee, and Mystic Timbers. If gone, I wouldn't miss it as much as Vortex. 

As far as The Beast theory goes, nah, I don't think it's going anywhere. I doubt the Son of Beast headstone is any indication of the ride that's leaving the park, except that this ride will be joining it in death. 

• Like 4

I can't imagine them removing a major coaster without telling the public well in advance so those who love it can ride it to their heart's content before it goes away. That would just be really rude. At this point I think the Big Brown Box is going bye-bye. Or something else the park doesn't think is much of a big deal enough to forewarn us.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, bjcolglazier said:

I can't imagine them removing a major coaster without telling the public well in advance so those who love it can ride it to their heart's content before it goes away. That would just be really rude.

Unless you believe in the KK relocation theory where FH is being moved an hour and a half south. However, I agree that they usually warn people before a coaster leaves.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

Unless you believe in the KK relocation theory where FH is being moved an hour and a half south. However, I agree that they usually warn people before a coaster leaves.

If that were the case, I doubt they would take the stance of, "well, we just got rid of it without letting you know, but if you really love it just go to Kentucky Kingdom". 

• Like 2