Discussing Land and Space in and around Vortex

Klabergian Empire

It would be sad to see Gemini leave. It's a great ride and perfect for those who can't (or are too afraid) to ride Steel Vengeance close by; I like to think of it as a Steel Vengeance-lite.

Also, that Black Panther concept was cool in how it was a B&M that had Intamin-like elements (specifically those Maverick-esque curves throughout the ride). However, I wouldn't be a fan of another B&M launched lift. Also, that DC Rivals POV looked cool; I never realized how long that coaster was- it's like a modern day version of the Superman trio.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bdd127 said:

See though corkscrew and Iron Dragon occupy awkward plots of land that aren't really suitable for a big coaster. If any ride should be hiding its Gemini

RMC #2 to Gemini before removal! Iron Dragon's fate would seem to be tied to Rugarou's I guess.  And maybe to The Bat's as well?

• Like 1

On 11/7/2019 at 6:10 PM, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I was also thinking that instead of smashing a bunch of world records with an RMC, we go with something along the lines of Wicked Cyclone. Widely considered one of the best RMCs, but only 109 feet tall. 

I personally didn't mind twisted cyclone either

I personally would like to see a Gertslauer Infinity added to Vortexs spot. When I rode Hangtime at Knott's Berry Farm it was an amazing coaster. It was also a great one to take pictures of just like Vortex was.
IMG_20181210_172836049.thumb.jpg.e47dc3b92b2531a3e13399782d55bdd2.jpg

Hang time is ok... But compared to a big dive coaster like valraven or Yukon striker it's underwhelming and lacks the major thrill of a dive coaster.
If they go dive, they should commit and stick with B&M.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

On 11/8/2019 at 10:40 PM, chuck norris said:

If they go dive, they should commit and stick with B&M.

From a budget and money's worth for KI I'd expect more B&Ms due to the fact that the track is made so close and will cost less for shipping etc. Which isn't a bad thing in my opinion. With steel ever increasing staying local sure helps get more bang for your buck. 

It would be a fun record to be the park with the most B&m coasters. 

I think a dive would look and be a great addition to replace Vortex.

• Like 3

On 11/8/2019 at 10:40 PM, chuck norris said:

If they go dive, they should commit and stick B&M

I'd have to agree with this. As intriguing as it'd be to see a Gerstlauer come to the park, even if just to change it up a bit, I also think it'd be best just go with B&M for the dive.

It'd fill the space better, be about 50% higher capacity than an Infinity, and probably, would just be a better ride anyway.

• Like 3

I'm thinking KD's choice to go with a wing coaster might indicate that they want their next next coaster to be as different as possible from their other B&M looper (Dominator - floorless).

Conversely, this is why I think B&M dive makes the most sense for KI, in that it'd differentiate from Banshee more than a wing would.

As much as I enjoy Floorless coasters (and I even like Rougarou), I think I like Dives even more, and it would cross off the 90 degree box the park is missing, and potentially tack on another 200 ft+ coaster.

Most dives have floorless trains anyway, so you'd have two marketable gimmicks in one.

(Note: I don't say "gimmick" in a pejorative sense here. I think both floorless trains and vertical drops are actually just really fun elements)

• Like 3

I'd wouldn't mind to see a TRex or any type of launch coaster.  But for KI and the direction CedarFair has gone in this park, the B&M Dive makes sense because it's a people eater and low downtime.  But I would like seeing some other manufacturer this time just to change things up.

What does anybody think would most closely match an Arrow Looper? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, rlentless said:

I'd wouldn't mind to see a TRex or any type of launch coaster.  But for KI and the direction CedarFair has gone in this park, the B&M Dive makes sense because it's a people eater and low downtime.  But I would like seeing some other manufacturer this time just to change things up.

Probably A modern vekoma or s&s looper 

2 hours ago, rlentless said:

Vekoma Tilt-Track coaster. The Vekoma loopers have a lot of similar elements, they’re releasing a new-generation version, and it would be unique to the Western Hemisphere.

If not that, I think a Gerstlauer infinity coaster with a lot of inversions would be the best investment maintenance-wise.

KI would need 3 more B&Ms in order to have the numbers advantage over Six Flags Great Adventure which has 5 B&Ms currently (Batman, Nitro, Green Lantern, Bizzaro, and Superman).  Not saying numbers are what determines the "Best B&M Park" though because three of Great Adventures B&Ms are clones.

Also, there are 6 (5 if you don't count family coasters) parks other than KI that have 3 B&Ms(Alton Towers, BG Tampa, BG Williamsburg, Canada's Wonderland, Happy Valley Beijing, and SW Orlando), and there are 5 parks that have 4 B&Ms(Carowinds, CP, Six Flags Great America, Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Six Flags Over Georgia).

Most of this info just came from Wikipedia which I hope is a credible source here...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bolliger_%26_Mabillard

• Like 1