Kings Island Announces its 2021 Calendar

But sometimes you have to spend some money (and be open) to make some money.  Maybe they are wanting to conserve money now and wait to see what happens in the next few months.  Anyone know how well attended the Winterfest event was at Worlds of Fun compared to KI?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On Kings Island’s new website, there no longer a star next to the early ride time pass holder benefit indicating that it is not currently available. Is Kings Island bringing it back this year? It also says on the website to check back for early ride time attractions for this year.

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/season-passes

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/season-passes/early-ride-times

• Like 4

Im just ready to start riding.  Our two year is now 36in this year and she is so ready to ride.  My wife and our are vaccinated and its going to be a great season!  Can't wait for 2021 coaster year.  Trying to get the our parks that we are going to visit this year.  So far we want to get Carowinds and Cedar Point for sure however with adding a little one to our family this winter its going to be tough!

• Like 5

13 hours ago, flightoffear1996 said:

Im just ready to start riding.  Our two year is now 36in this year and she is so ready to ride.  My wife and our are vaccinated and its going to be a great season!  Can't wait for 2021 coaster year.  Trying to get the our parks that we are going to visit this year.  So far we want to get Carowinds and Cedar Point for sure however with adding a little one to our family this winter its going to be tough!

I hope you share pics of your littles one's milestones on here for us to see. I bet they will be excited to get some new rides in this year.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 3/10/2021 at 12:01 PM, YOULLBEBACK said:

It is a lot easier to be conservative with operating hours, then expand as needed as the summer progresses.  I am hoping this to be the case. 

Unfortunately, so far it is the other way around for CF parks...

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, JimParker85 said:

Capture+_2021-06-08-17-36-15.png

https://www.wlwt.com/article/kings-island-cuts-nighttime-park-hours-again/36666217

So if Cedar Point upped their pay for all positions to $20 an hour and it’s considered a wide success according to them then why is KI only paying $18/hr for a few positions and continuing to cut hours? 

• Confused 1

I just don`t get them saying that they are closing two hours early for labor issues.  The employees are already there.  Its not like they are cutting out an entire shift.  Seems to me more like a way to save on labor costs to improve the bottom line then a shortage of workers.  Guests can`t spend money in a closed park...

And keep in mind that they already cut one hour off the beginning of the day this year (and last year).  Closing at 8pm sure makes it hard for people that work until 5pm to enjoy the park after work.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, CoastersRZ said:

I just don`t get them saying that they are closing two hours early for labor issues.  The employees are already there.  Its not like they are cutting out an entire shift.  Seems to me more like a way to save on labor costs to improve the bottom line then a shortage of workers.  Guests can`t spend money in a closed park...

And keep in mind that they already cut one hour off the beginning of the day this year (and last year).  Closing at 8pm sure makes it hard for people that work until 5pm to enjoy the park after work.  

And keep in mind that for those showing up after work, the 8pm close makes it impossible to redeem two meals....and the 8pm may deter many from even making the trip at all and not even getting one meal...and that does result in a savings as well to the park!

Last time I checked everyone was butthurt over the lack of a twitter announcement. Now they made the tweet, and everyone is butthurt over that. Orion isn't a Giga. It's not big enough, it's not open long enough. I can't get my dinner! After 22 years of marriage I've heard it all. And this thread is starting to sound the same.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

12 minutes ago, bjcolglazier said:

Last time I checked everyone was butthurt over the lack of a twitter announcement. Now they made the tweet, and everyone is butthurt over that. Orion isn't a Giga. It's not big enough, it's not open long enough. I can't get my dinner! After 22 years of marriage I've heard it all. And this thread is starting to sound the same.

#1stWorldProblems LOL

You forgot to add you can't smoke in the park to your list:P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

https://www.wlwt.com/article/kings-island-cuts-nighttime-park-hours-again/36666217

So if Cedar Point upped their pay for all positions to $20 an hour and it’s considered a wide success according to them then why is KI only paying $18/hr for a few positions and continuing to cut hours? 

There are also far more job opportunities in this area than there are in Sandusky and surrounding small towns - especially warehouse positions (similar pay, year round work and benefits)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoastersRZ said:

Employees can only work 12 hours in a day. They come in at least an hour early (or earlier for ERT) and stay an hour late, so employees can't work 10am-11pm. They follow California labor laws. With the park closing at 8 they can work 10am-9pm with an hour to spare for ERT or other departments that work earlier or later. 

23 minutes ago, Oldiesmann said:

There are also far more job opportunities in this area than there are in Sandusky and surrounding small towns - especially warehouse positions (similar pay, year round work and benefits)

You really think there are more opportunities in Sandusky than Cincinnati?

1 hour ago, bjcolglazier said:

3EBFF630-56F0-4EF6-B0AC-62E329EDA937.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2