Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 11/26/2012 in all areas

  1. And fireworks-related injuries continue to skyrocket...
  2. I was sent one as well, but to those who went on Skype with him/her... ...why would you do that? This person has no posts, has one weird username, no picture, no information, etc. This is the kind of user you want to stay away from. Didn't you learn about internet safety?
  3. In recent years, free fall injuries\deaths in parks have plummeted.
  4. Do NOT respond to anything asking you to Skype with a member on here. There was a spammer who sent some unsolicited messages to some members. Again, do not respond to this member. I have banned this member and blocked the IP address from this site.
  5. Here is your view from the Eiffel Tower HOLY CRAP!, they DID build a new coaster. This one has a loop in it! And its wooden- and they said it couldn't be done. Suckers!
  6. When I was a kid... "bouncehouses" were known as "moonwalks" and would occasionally show up as a special attraction at the local mall. They've been around for a LONG time... just not in everyone's back yard. :-) As a side note... when I was a kid, I begged and begged my parents for a trampoline. My cousins had one, and I was in love with it. I never got one. Then, a star college athlete from our church broke his neck after falling off of one and was paralyzed for life. As an adult, I am so very grateful that my parents never relented to my begging. There's no way I'd allow my kids (if I had them) to even get on one.
  7. Bounce houses are flippen awesome. (Pun inteaded)
  8. "I'm Chris Hanson with Dateline NBC..."
  9. Any memories I have related to Son of Beast are pretty much only related to the people I rode it with. It used to be a staple of a visit to the park in 2008 because my friend loved it. I liked The Crypt more than SoB (which should say something about SoB, considering how much I liked TR:TR), so we'd usually trade off rides. I'd ride Son of Beast once with my friend, and then she'd ride The Crypt with me. The only thing that really interested me about Son of Beast was looking at the pieces of Diamondback's supports stored behind the ride and being surprised at how big the supports looked to me. I didn't think that season was that great at the time, but I now think that's probably been my favorite season since I started buying my own pass in 2008. (Ironically, both of those rides are gone now!) The only exceptional memory of the ride I have is of the one time I rode it in the dark after a light, prolonged rain in 2008. The train was totally hauling through the course, which somehow ended up easing some of the jackhammering in the helices. It still wasn't that great, but it was probably the best ride I ever got on it. The heightened sense of speed surprised me. I also remember noticing how weird it was the couple times I rode it in 2009 that there was another coaster across the park around the same height as SoB. Didn't know those rides would be the last I had, but I really can't say I miss the ride for any reason besides nostalgia. That being said, I rode the thing enough to remember the hanging feeling when the train entered the turn out of the station, the awkward way the train jumped back and forth between the rails on the first big turn, and the way the jackhammering would inescapably force your elbows into your legs if you tried to resist the shaking. I've got whiplash just thinking about it. (Sorry if that post didn't flow well... I'm a little worn out, so all the thoughts just kinda spilled out all at once.)
  10. Riding with it my father the year it opened. I was petrified! Once we got on and went down the first drop I was hooked! I loved that ride! It was amazing. Of course, three years later I did a Marathon on it with a friend....felt that the next morning!
  11. I agree, but it lost so much when the Wurlitzer Band Organ was taken out. :-(
  12. A while back (don't remember when), I had a dream where KI took my season pass from me because I was throwing rocks at people. Now, why I was throwing rocks at people is another story. I wish I could tell you, but that's all I remember of the dream - and the fact that I was thoroughly disappointed that my own stupidity had resulted in a loss of something that was so much fun to me.
  13. It's the poor lonely lady inside the Crypt. Man the way her eyes used to light up...
  14. So....TylerRider and I have been getting some messages from member: J8257618 asking to skype with us seperately. I obliged, to see what was going on....upon starting a skype message, this memeber asked me to turn my cam on k. I declined as I didn't know them. Their information said they were male but their name was Lauren Crawford. They continued to ask me to cam on k. After declining again, they began to ask inappropriate questions and another member here can vouch for that. If you get a request, do not oblige. Just run away.
  15. Most of the injuries from inflatable are caused from falling onto a hard surface or a strong wind blowing the inflatable away, or worse, up in the air. Sometimes a rip will cause the one to deflate suddenly, and in a design like a slide, that's a far fall. As long as indoor bounces are inspected, and safety concerns, such as having soft mats about, I don't see them as a great threat. Of course, all,inflatable should be inspected regularly for wear spots, and all outdoor bounces shoud be thoroughly tied down. I go through my life looking at things and thinking "What can go wrong?" Because if something can possibly go wrong, it will do so around my family.
  16. It seemed like Popeye never ended! Such a good ride.
  17. Welcome aboard the S.S. Titaneer, I'm your captain A.S. Titan, but you sailors can refer to me as Titan. You are about to embark on the greatest journey ever known to man; one full of adventure, hardships, and expensive food from that yonder galley. Now just where are we going? Several villages, on the small island of Cincinnati aka the Kings Island. Oh and before you board I must warn you, there's a Beast that roams the village. He seeks revenge on those who destroyed his son and to make it worse, he's unchained. Okay on a positive note, let's board the vessel and head out! Alright folks we are currently sailing out of the channel and heading for the mighty Congo Ocean. Keep your eyes open and you may be able to spot some Kenzel Sharks. But we ask that you do not try to interact with them because they are vicious and will sue for everything you have. Also look out for Paramount Pirates. They'll ruin this vessel with their corporate cannons. Now, we are supposed to arrive at 9:00 A.M. tomorrow. But most of the natives don't wake until 10, however with this golden loot we'll be welcomed just fine. So I'm going to leave you guys to get settled and let's hope for a safe journey. "Land Ahoy!" We've spotted the island off in the distance! It's a bit foggy, but we should be able to dock in about 10 minutes. Everyone make sure you grab your golden loot and a lot of coins, because food will cost you an arm and a leg, literally! Alright folks we've reached land, so let's exit and head on over to the International Trading Market. There are various posts here such as an Emporium, Pretzel Shop, Pizzeria, and a bunch more. This market also features the village's signature feature. A fort known as the Eiffel Tower. This gives you a great view of the whole market place and surrounding villages . There is also a royal fountain that stretches along the length of the market, with an added band stand at the end. If you are up for some black (not really) magic, then head over to the bar (theater) and check out one of the last remaining Alonzos! Now, off to the left of the International Market is a village known as the Action Village. This area is home to many natives of the island. The first native of this village is a man named Invertigo. He recently received a new look, but don't let that deceive you. He resides at 138' tall and has some interesting features about him; such as a cobra roll, loop, and two 138' lift hills. You'll find yourself being lured into his 138' lift hill and then once you reach the top you'll be dropped! You'll free fall 130' before being thrown through a cobra roll and propelled through a loop. But he's not done yet. Then you'll make your way up his second lift hill, only to go through his maze, but in reverse! They recommend you be at least 54" to feel his wrath, however if you're taller than 78", he'll spit you out! The next native of this village is an extinct bird species known as the Arrow Suspenders. There's only one of these here, named Flight Deck. There's not much stats on it because it's a long hike back there, but we believe that it can fly around 50 mph. And if you get caught, you'll be swung helplessly around it's long twisted path, but once you reach it's nest you should be fine because it doesn't have kids. It's recommended that you be at least 48" to feel the wrath of the Arrow. Drop Tower is the island's high roller. He resides at 315' and if you're lucky he'll take you up to his level, but only for a little bit. Then you'll find yourself being dropped at 67 mph into the dungeon. Now he's a bit prejudice and favors people who are 48" or taller, however once you hit 80", it's off with your head! Natives on the island like to call the storms Deliriums. These are short fast storms that can cause a lot of damage to property. They have tornado like qualities and will spin you dizzy, before finally releasing you from their iron grip. You should be able to survive this storm if you're at least 52" tall, however the storm likes to keep prey that are 70" or taller. Here we have the Congo Falls. This is the tallest waterfall on the whole island and spills out into the mighty Congo Ocean. There have been a few brave souls who have boated down the falls, however that number is very few. Could you be the next one who conquers this behemoth? I have a buddy who can hook you up with a boat, however you must be at least 46", for liability issues. Finally we have the Skyflyer tree. It got it's name because when you climb to the very top and look into the sky, you feel like you flying. This tree is privately owned and usually has a fee to climb. We recommend you be at least 48" tall, that way you can reach every branch safely.
  18. Haha that wasn't me that you talked to! As much as I love this event (keep in mind last year was my first year ever going), I would never put it over academics. The event should be around for a little while so if you miss it this year you'll catch it another time! But yes I will always give glowing reviews about the event. My testimonials might be so positive that it might over rate the event for others (I would hope not but I guess it is possible, haha).
  19. See - it was curved from the beginning (it was supposed to be straight!). RCCA strikes again!
  20. I have not had this happen to me on this site, but I have had it happen on other sites in the past. Back in the 90's, I was on AOL and with them, you had your master account with user name and 5 additional user names. I had some users with female sounding names send me email and send me nude pictures of themselves, or so they say and ask if I could do like wise. I would delete them and email them to stop. I would report them if they did it again. I had someone send me chid porn and that made me very mad! I wrote them a nasty email and reported them. They want you to get on chat and most likely, they were males pretending to be women and children. This was during the days when you needed a camera and software like Cuseeme. There were web sites that used this image software for people to video chat with each other. You did not know who these people were asking to chat and once they had your email address, bombard you with porn or worse, child porn. Other sites had chat sites like this, including Yahoo and Google. These people continue to do this and try to find the right person and have them meet them and who knows what they have planned. If they were to send you child porn, report them to the police. If you ever take your computer to be repaired, the repair service might discover it and report it to the police, where they will pay you a visit. Report these people and do not agree to video chat with any one and do not give out your email address. Always use a throw away email address that you can delete if it gets out. Set your email or other accounts to block these users by name and IP address.
  21. Ok this thread was gone and showed I had no posts... what is going on? CoastersRZ making the fourms a safer place one ban at a time. I Appluad you!
  22. Yes, trains can be rather frightening.
  23. I can't really think of any underrated rides. Pretty much any of the Coney Mall flats to me are underrated. I could say Viking Fury, but I don't know if there's a lot of people that like it or not...
  24. CF is a great water ride after a hot and dry wait for Invertigo.
  25. Agreed. They need to upgrade to "Popeye and Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges®". I tell you what you will have a hard time finding a dry spot on you after you are done riding it. For anyone wondering the theme park it is from, it is from Uinversal Studio's, IOA. It is not a high tech ride really either but you will feel like you just got done swimming! I felt like Congo Fall's is under rated.
  26. Not very moving. Terp, who hates to be the bearer of bad news.
  27. How about a picture...i'm torn whether to clean mine or not.
  28. My pieces arrived today. I'm actually impressed with the plaque. Well done KI.
  29. Probably, because I'm guessing more then 90% of the population on this site is male.
  30. This, creep messaged me the same question, I simply replied as I would, a question and a no. A special thanks to the admin who took the appropriate measures against this pervert, I am very glad that KIC is and will be rated G environment for the sake of this forum site.
  31. Here is your view from the Eiffel Tower
  32. My dad is a boy scout leader too! Which is amazing considering all his ailments. Glad he's doing better.
  33. Nice, relevant, fresh! This is a refreshingly ingenious and imaginary way to explore the park! Bravo!
  34. Oh, I would absolutely love to be there. Trust me, the motivation's there--I just have to make sure I'll have the means and the availability, too. If there's one thing I like, it's being around people who get excited about the things I get excited about while doing those exciting things. Plus, the idea of riding Raven at night sounds amazing. (I know Voyage and Legend are probably great, too... Raven just strikes me as having the most potential for greatness at night.) Oddly enough, I had a guy wearing an ACE jacket try to convince me to go to Holiwood Nights last time I visited Holiday World using almost the exact same reasons. As I still thought at the time that finals would coincide with the event, I told him I wouldn't be able to... and then he tried to justify me not studying for finals that weekend. I can honestly say I've never had someone try to tempt me before or since to neglect school for the sake of roller coasters. That wasn't you, by chance, was it?
  35. LOL! I love it! I demand more or else you'll be walking the plank!
  36. The finished version ought to be pinned on the Kings Island section of the Community Index (at least, from what I see thus far). Great work and I look forward to the finished version!
  37. I say that Viking Fury is not only underrated, it's the hidden gem of Kings Island. It's located in a beautiful spot and gives consistently fun rides.
  38. The Grand Carousel too. I really like it. lol, this is my favorite horse, haha, Im such a little kid, i know.
  39. I know it's gonna be at least one more, because I just woke up from one 50 minutes ago! (and why am I the only one posting on this topic now??) But this dream didn't take place at KI. It took place at my church, although there were things related to KI! Okay, I was eating in the kitchen like normal with all my church friends, then I discover this cubicle-like room with a glass door, and I go through the door. The one KI-related thing that was in there was none other than Vortex's Train #3 (yes, I saw the number! xD) ! But somehow #3 had raindrops on it, as if it had just run a cycle in a drizzle or a shower. I was even thinking, "Did it rain on Closing Day and I missed it?" I was lingering around the train, sort of how I did on the actual Closing Day. Suddenly, I knew I had to go get my mom's camera so I could take pictures of #3, so I ran to the church's sanctuary. The church's small "band" was rehearsing in there, and as soon as the sanctuary was in my sight, all of a sudden they start playing "Romantic Flight" from How to Train Your Dragon. I went in the sanctuary and tried to get my mom's attention to where her camera was, and then the dream ended... But really, how many more funny/weird Vortex dreams am I gonna have this month, let alone the whole entire offseason? (this one definitely falls in the "weird" category...)
  40. Guest
    The future use for both buildings will continue to be what they are now as a Haunt attraction.
  41. ...so does Voyage, that's the point.
  42. Based on the seemingly rapid onset of symptoms based on the timeline presented in the article I am going to put my paramedic hat on for a second and say it was probably an allergic reaction. Rapid onset, no one else got sick, quickly fatal. Has all of the hallmarks of anaphylaxis. Could happen to anyone trying a new foodstuff for the first times. Sounds like one of those freak coincidences that it was bugs or worms that he reacted to. Same thing happens to some people the first time they eat shrimp, we just never hear about those cases on the news.
  43. I think Ouimet's started turning around Cedar Fair. Already we have seen great Haunts, theming, and attention to detail. It will take time, as with most changes, but it will eventually turn out to be better than the Kinzel Era at least.
  44. RCCA should have been named LGRLG (Looks Great Runs Like Garbage)
This leaderboard is set to New York/GMT-04:00
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.