Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 01/21/2013 in all areas

  1. Hey guys! It's been a while since I've been on here, but my dad found some old slides of him, his mom, and their friends, at Kings Island in 73. I couldn't help but share them, so here you go. Enjoy!
  2. Photo #21 - Front Gate Parking Trams
  3. 6 points
    I'm not one to always post legitimately here in regard to the park. However, a recent image posted by TOPGUN1993 inspired me to post this. I want to bring attention to be one of the more under-appreciated pieces of Kings Island history; the Outer Hanks building. Bask in its glory. It's just kind of "there", y'know? Sitting in the middle of the park, not grabbing much attention from anyone. Given its location directly in front of the "entryway" to the largest area in the park, I understand why this is true. I dunno, its theme and detail seems, to me at least, unique. I feel it's a building that more people should come to appreciate. It's utilized for a distinct purpose, but if you can look beyond that, there's some really great stuff. It's situated in a unique location, right on a pond. Not many buildings in the park can say that. On top of that, its theme is both fitting and well-placed. The food is actually rather decent, too. The new taco stand has become my favorite public food location. Stuff's good. I understand that this is kind of an odd post, but what do you guys think?
  4. Gosh I loved the trams when I was younger and I loved trying to remember which "cartoon character" row we parked in. Scooby Doo row 3, Fred Flinstone row 4, Huckleberry Hound row 5...ahhh, those were the days!
  5. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151395356720867&set=a.377923300866.202576.27217550866&type=1&theater http://www.thorpepark.com/rides/the-swarm.aspx when you click on the second link if it takes you to the ride page click The Swarm. Kind of an interesting concept, excited to see if this leads to anything?
  6. I imagine that Thunder alley met its demise as an overall plan with the former SOB grounds otherwise they wouldn't have removed it- unless, of course it was damaged in the demolition process. I just recall the day I was in Action Zone last year and came across CF employees looking at the former SOB structure making hand motions and saying "we have a few months until that announcement is made."
  7. Photo #20 - KI&MVRR - Theming KI needs to see if its practical in moving Cedar Point's "Paddle Wheel Excursion" themeing pieces to KI.
  8. Great photos, thanks for taking the time to share them.
  9. 2 points
    Well, the building has already lost most of its traces to German theming. Even the Festhaus has lost most of its theming. Only the exterior facade at the entrance shows any real resemblance to German architectural motifs. As Interpreter has stated, Oktoberfest as an area at Kings Island is all but dead. Which is sad, given the Cincinnati areas rich German immigrant heritage.
  10. What do you mean what will Coney do in the future? Coney will keep on providing family entertainment as an amusement and water park. Coney is in no way directly connected to River Downs or its owners.
  11. I can't remember where I read it, but I remember seeing that someone at CW wanted to get people on the other side of the park instead of just the Behemoth side.
  12. I miss the Hanna Barbera characters. I liked the Star Trek characters too, although they didn't last long to begin with. My first employer was Paramount's Kings Island. Wow, to be 16 again...sigh. The music was nice as well.
  13. Days of Thunder in the Action Theater.
  14. 2 points
    Mexico has coasts. I hear they serve Mexican food there.
  15. I believe that if KI got The Racer to go backwards again, one of the trains on ol' Gemini will go backwards as well.... S.O.B. just trying to sound realistic
  16. You just gave me a great idea for Firehawk,going up that lift hill feet first! WoW! Never going to happen,but it would be cool! I remember hearing many people upset that The Racer was turned back forward,goodyellowcorn182 is right,I think many people thought one Racer was meant to run backwards.
  17. Speaking of 2013, Don posted on Facebook that The Beast and Diamondback will be the 2013 early ride time rides, along with select Planet Snoopy attractions.
  18. 2 points
    I would like to just have a german themed restaurant there, das wäre gut!
  19. Some of the "unused" space is taken up by the park's landscaping department where they also have an enclosed green house where they grow and keep their plants that they grow for use in the park. They used to have their own waste water treatment plant unless they now use the county's treatment plant.
  20. Notice,No Paparazzi!!!! I actually call them the camera mafia when I walk in.We have a family game to see who can make it past them without being asked,its really tuff! I know,I know,their only doing their job,i understand!
  21. I have a feeling that if there's any news to be had for 2014- there will be a large empty field giving all sorts of clues throughout the season. And just for the record I would take a well-themed, thought out dark or flat ride over a 300' monstrosity any day. Give me an experience that I cannot find anywhere else.
  22. This came up in another thread, but I think it's a fabulous idea. I'd like a Peanuts dark ride boat ride reminiscent of the Smurfs ride. I think it's time for Boo Blasters to go and for something to occupy that space that's more in line with Planet Snoopy and something that would be just as memorable as the Enchanted Voyage or the Smurfs. Something like a Peanuts dark ride could really bring back that classic feel to the area and would be something that could be enjoyed by families for many, many years!
  23. They also need to check how to spell Leviathan.
  24. 1 point
    I like this new theme. Very slick.
  25. 1 point
    Up until it switched to it's Mexican menu it was my favorite place to eat in the park...nice view and I thought the food was the best value in the park.
  26. That fountain upgrade rumor is to occur at Canada`s Wonderland first, before being applied to Kings Dominion and Kings Island. That came right out of Matt Ouimet`s mouth in the video that Coasterbuzz made when he visited Clermont Steel Fabricators in Batavia a few weeks back.
  27. That seems like a great addition to the ride. The only problem would be people waiting in line for ever for just the last two rows. In my opinion, make one train completely backward and make the station like Firehawk where there's two stations: a station for the forward seated train, and one for the backward seated train.
  28. What is the current record from previous years? If I remember right, last year somebody raised $1000 something. Cool, Thanks, Do you know who holds it. Last year I came in 3rd place and I raised about $1600.00 if I remember correctly. I actually raised about $2400.00 all together, but part of it was posted after the cut off time for the contest part of it. I got a really nice Give Kids the World duffle bag filled with a bunch of their merchandise. It was awesome, I can't wait for this year.
  29. I might be going. Someone's slowly persuading me to go, but I'm still not sure. But if I am, I would prefer the red side. Blue was way too rough last season.
  30. Guest
    Here's a clip from last year's Coasting for Kids event:
  31. Red, I felt the Red side was running better last season, unless the Blue side got some TLC this off season.
  32. Thanks for sharing. Quite interesting. If I read it correctly Sea World is putting them selves up for sale, right. I really enjoyed Sea world when I went, and I just feel that a six flags presence wouldn't be that good (imo). So I am rather against this decision if six flags goes through with this. I also would like to bring up what happen to a park (or two technically) that had recently been brought and sold and then went out of business. I hope that no more sea worlds or any park to that matter ever meets it fate. As for Apollo, I can't really judge but I would like to see sea world stay under the same management. If that was completely confusing for either I read the article wrong (witch I might of), or that I just made absolutely no sense, Cause I know sometimes I make no sense. (Snotty reply I foretell in the near future) Pfff tell me about it. (to sometime you don't make any sense)
  33. http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/local_news/oh_geauga/Bainbridge-Township-residents-complain-about-abandoned-Geauga-Lake-eyesore I remember when they complained about the traffic.
  34. To be fair, I feel like the fact that New Jersey has a fairly well-rounded mass transit system that goes straight to the park (NJ Transit) probably factors into that somewhere, though. It's how my group was able to stay at a hotel in Tipton Falls, NJ this past summer and take a day to travel to NYC and back. The fare to SFGAdv was decent, depending on where you left from. I know Cleveland has mass transit, but to my knowledge, it doesn't/didn't extend to Geauga Lake. It probably also helps Great Adventure to be the only huge corporate park in the state. Even at its prime, GL likely shared some sphere of influence with CP and Kennywood. (This conversation is now making me miss El Toro. I hope you're happy, Interpreter. )
  35. What hotels surround the theme park and safari in New Jersey? Terp, who likes to ask questions.
  36. I got the chance to drive by the park back in the beginning of November on my way back from Cleveland while on business. It is an eyesore; I don't ascribe to the whole Cedar Fair bought it just to close it mentality- from a business perspective it makes perfect sense why they bought it. From where I sit, Cedar Point had some digs into their profitability in the early years of the Worlds of Adventure experiment, but was failing and a new buyer was sought. it made perfect senses to buy it while the price was low to keep someone who may have done it "right" from coming in. Have it succeed on your terms, or no one's. A few reasons it failed: 1) inadequate road infrastructure 2) limited access to main highways 3) NO HOTEL INFRASTRUCTURE- closest block of hotel rooms almost 20-25 minutes away. 4) removing the "Wild Side" aspect removed anything that made it unique. the concept was incredible and located within 5 minutes from an interstate with hotels surrounding it- it would still be in business today thriving. But its location only lent itself to being "regional" For Cedar Fair it was low risk: if you can't make it profitable on your terms, there are millions of dollars in used "new" rides to circulate out into your network of parks- ie: Firehawk, Dominator, Possessed, a Carousel, Americana, etc... A lot of people in the Aurora area still today think that CF/Kinzel bought the park to "stick it to them."- maybe, but I don't buy it. You don't take $100+ million in shareholder funds and gamble it on a vendetta. It was a low-risk way to assure that a pesky competitor succeeds or fails on your terms with plenty of resources to be assumed by a potential demise. That being said- the property is a dump. There is an "upscale" shopping area just to the north that seems out of place when compared to the weed lot across the street. They may find that the lot would be more attractive to potential buyers of any development if CF were to take bulldozers into the lot and clear out EVERYTHING: building remains, footings, pavement, cement, RWB, and yes- the Big Dipper- restore it to top soil and plant a field of corn in there for a year or two, The location would be much more attractive to buyers in that state than it currently sits. And before I get slammed for advocating the demise of Big Dipper by purists- what other future does it have? It may be historic and classic, but has been out of operation for 6 years and likely has trees growing through it. SOB sat SBNO for just 3 and it had visible vegetation growing through it. And, if by some miracle it could be operational again, it would need to be brought to 2013 codes which would make it nearly unidentifiable from the last ride it gave in Sept. 2007.
  37. I'm hoping a couple nice flats once the Action Zone is expanded. A large Ferris Wheel, the return of Flying Eagles and one other flat would satisfy me.
  38. I live in a city where people complain that there is "nothing to do" and "our skyline sucks", yet every time something interesting is proposed it gets denied by neighbors because "it doesn't fit the neighborhood." People get what they ask for and will still complain. I will be honest though, by now the state should have gotten involved and destroyed everything. On a similar subject, I will never understand the people who complain about hearing roller coasters (or even seeing them) when they are the ones who decided to live near a park. In some cases the residents may have been there before the park was built, but generally amusement parks are built in undeveloped areas and then later neighborhoods are constructed.
  39. Cedar Fair does have the copyright for 'The roller coaster capital of the world!'
  40. If they are going to put a Giga coaster in, I would love to see them put something in like Intimidator 305. However, my vote is still a Gravity Group wooden roller coaster.
  41. Cedar Point just posted this "Sneak Peak" of Gatekeeper from the parking lot
  42. You know, since only criminals and deadbeats go to legal gambleing sites.
  43. I've always classified that Firehawk was a Lay-down coaster...I guess to much RCT3 for me...
  44. Viking Fury is the hidden gem of Kings Island.
  45. The Beast is one reason why Kings Island is famous. The Beast is the LAST ride I would remove.
  46. ^I hear that. Who wants to ride stuff made out of wood anyway? That's like a fire hazard.
This leaderboard is set to New York/GMT-04:00
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.