Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 11/19/2019 in all areas

  1. Assuming another track piece is added to attach to the support today
  2. Here is a better photo. Source: https://twitter.com/Attractions/status/1196814696034324481
  3. Found this on a reddit thread. Credit to u/a_better_reddit_name
  4. 5 points
    S&S has an Axis video playing. @Maverick44 If i see any intamin posts ill get them up here as soon as i can
  5. That is a really cool train. It also screams tribute to Vortex for some reason to me.
  6. The park just released the WF map. Along with a great Blog post about WF food offerings. https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2018/november/food-guide-to-winterfest-2019-at-kings-island
  7. Here are some screenshots of what is described above via weatherbug: Also, the snowflakes on the German building appear to be on both sides of that part and they seem to have been at least since yesterday (looking at past 24 hour images)
  8. Next section of track is being lifted into place. Wasn't sure if they would today or not.......
  9. They have lights on because they’re still working back there. They got a very late start on erecting a couple of track pieces. In the morning, I bet we see the crest of the overbanked hill installed.
  10. Dude. Come on. Please.
  11. https://www.wcpo.com/money/consumer/dont-waste-your-money/kings-island-orion-train-cars-revealed John Matarese has reported on it!!
  12. Humm.. the logo had the same general shape as the Vortex logo. I wonder is that was planned.
  13. 3 points
    Need this next season
  14. 3 points
    The only Intamin stuff i can find... Pantheons car.
  15. I mean he shared where he got it from. Sounds just fine to me. He can't help if that person got it from someone else and did not share that info. I second @JonahWilliamson keep the IAAPA info on the IAAPA thread!
  16. ^looks nice. I think blue clamshells would have contrasted the black seats well though.
  17. When I first saw the triangle logo during its announcement I definitely thought it was somewhat reminiscent of Vortex’s logo. I think the triangle logo looks much much better then the rectangle logo.
  18. 2 points
    I found this post on Facebook. I kinda hope KI and CF decide to put these on Orion! It fits perfectly with the space/sci fi theme!
  19. And those were used on KIC’s social media channels attributed to him, when they’re really from another publication.
  20. 2 points
    Ohio Valley coasters Instagram- got the texas stingray trains. I like the lead car. Simple yet still nice. With some new GCI Concepts Zamperla is up next at 12:40
  21. Of course you would wonder lol
  22. I wonder when John Matarese will find out!
  23. A couple things to note from the Weatherbug camera: They have been adding the lighted frames formerly on the pedestals to the Royal Fountain this morning. The flags on the buildings were taken down and have not been replaced. There are new lighted snowflakes on the side of the German Building facing the front gate.
  24. This doesn't really fit the Kings Island theme, but this image is pretty cool regardless. Photo taken during the British evacuation of Dunkirk, May 1940.
  25. Riptide Racer is the “new” mat racer and was manufactured by Arihant, an Indian company that makes knock off models. Many of their models in their literature they give out at IAAPA are labeled as, “Not available in the US due to patent disputes.” Whether Riptide falls under this heading is something I don’t know. If they had trouble importing it into the USA then it would account for them opening it a year and a half late.
  26. Happy Orion Monday everyone! Here's a few beautiful pics of Orion with the sun poking through the clouds! Had to share!
  27. First of all, there are tons of amazing stuff that was showcased this year at IAPPA. Those include: The rename of Mako at Seaworld Orlando to Emperor Orion trains Zamperla new trains S&S Axis full layout New Triotech ride at LEGOland New York Knotts Beary Farm Details Ice Breaker trains Iron Gwazi trains New Luna Park ride I think they were all amazing. Any thoughts? If you want to get deeper into them, check out Coaster Studios, Midway Mayhem, Amusement Insider, or Amusement Insiders.
  28. On the blueprints, there is DMX (neopixel, or addressable rgb) Lighting that’s under a few of the hills Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  29. 1 point
    Keep us posted on a anything cool @JonahWilliamson.
  30. Lets keep it in the IAAPA thread friends.
  31. The blue appears to be Daphne Blue and is one of my favorite car/ guitar colors ever! I have a guitar that is Daphne Blue. I also just moved into a new house and was surprised when my son chose Daphne as his room color. Daphne appears a little darker than my Daphne Blue guitar though. Anyway, Daphne and orange with white is so 70s and is used a ton in my house. Needless to say I absolutely, stark-raving LOVE this color scheme!!!!
  32. 1 point
    Awesome! Thank you @JonahWilliamson. Those Orion trains are magnificent and the Iron Gawzi trains are even better haha.
  33. 1 point
    So I ended up not being to go this year. Family is going through some stuff and needed to be here. Is anyone there able to send some pics of the Intamin booth at all? Thank you in advance!
  34. I just would love if they could move the slingshot, bring back the original facades, add some new flats, and maybe a new roller coaster too.
  35. YES! Get the original Bier Garten and German restaurant back. Along with the return of Oktoberfest flat rides and the removal of Sling Shot. Sling Shot does't really fit well with Oktoberfest. They could (possibly) re-theme Adventure Express into a German themed roller coaster (Bavarian Beetle?).
  36. Rivertown was spruced up in 2017, but yes I think some more upgrades would be nice, but not too necessary right now. I think the back end of Coney is next for more upgrades due to the removal of Vortex.
  37. The older I get, the more I value the theming. And yes, I'll blame Paramount for the wholesale de-theming. I-street is still awesome, and I'd say coney mall has held up well. Rivertown could use some sprucing up-and Octoberfest definitely needs an infusion.
  38. Are you sure? I think they're both still there, but the angle of the sun is just making them hard to see.
  39. Their most recent marketing was buy a 2018 season pass and get 2019 for free. Same offer as most of Cedar Fair, just marketed the other way around. The Beach was very clear that they had a very successful Holiday Fest in 2005 with how Winterfest was blundered. All it did was draw attention to theme park Christmas events. All really was was a ploy to market season passes. The Beach has a million coulda-woulda-shoulda scenarios that you can discuss all day for the Beach being successful. It comes down to several umbrella issues: -Customer service, as @Outdoor Man states, they’ve had some leadership members that were both PR and HR nightmares. If you look at the reviews of the location you will see nothing but negative reviews about one specific person who was at the helm for several years. -Employee issues, see also the statement above. Staffing there is very difficult. Lifeguards make a killing compared to their peers in the industry. This is because the job is tough and often boring. Both KI and GWL pay their guards very well for this reason and still have staffing issues. The Beach paid just over minimum wage. I visited in the middle of summer and they could only open 3 rides at a time because they just didn’t have a staff. That doesn’t even include the revolving door that was all of the management positions. Again, see the above bullet point. -Facility issues, things like an overload of leaves in the pools, decks that should have been replaced years ago, “real sand” that was years old, packed down, and rock hard. Often pumps would go bad and they’d run 2 or 3 slides off of one pump when they should each have their own. That’s why people are getting stuck on some slides, including at the top of the iconic Cliff. -Stooged off opportunities. When the park reopened they had to make several desperate calls to get members of the media to come out for its media day. Why? They FORGOT TO MAIL OUT THE INVITES. You can’t make this stuff up. They also were unsuccessful in garnering the correct media attention for Beach Mountain. Their former PR, a woman named Nancy, did several live hits out of Dayton. She just didn’t have the contacts to do the same in Cincinnati. No one’s coming to your water park from Dayton. -Broken promises - The park’s first GM of the Adventure Holdings era was a man named Ralph Valardo. Good guy to have around. Well connected. He went on every news station and talked about their two new attractions for 2014: a Soarin’ Eagle Zip Line and a mat racing slide. The zip line opened in 2014 (an up charge, no less) and they seemingly forgot about the mat racer until late into the 2015 season when it finally opened. -Marketing - I’m not going to sit here and write a hindsight marketing plan for them, but it’s pretty telling when the average person in Cincinnati doesn’t know that The Beach had reopened years ago.
  40. I keep forgetting that after the uphill spiral at the end there's a "head chopper" run right under that tiny space at the bottom of the drop! Looking at the webcam images seems pretty tight right in there! Super cool.
  41. Great pictures as always from Ohio Valley Coasters. It looks like we are about here on the "wave" turn judging by supports and banking: Photo Credit: Kings Island
  42. One more panel and the roof is completed. Also couldn't imagine standing at the top of the lift hill. Balls of steel vengeance.
  43. It's really cool how they built Orion around the maintenance sheds in the area. That's what I'm most impressed about. I figured one of those would've been removed to make way for Orion.
  44. Practical, engineering aspects come before theming. The theming was done around the completed design of the ride.
  45. Get rid of bat throw in the first S&S AXIS.
  46. Apparently this is the account linked to my email? I'm guessing my main account was linked to my old college email address. Hi, it's Brad. You rang? Yep, been in California coming up on a decade now. Traded in KI for Disneyland (though I do still make it out to KI when I can). How's the old Beast holding up?
  47. I never understand anime memes.
This leaderboard is set to New York/GMT-04:00
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.