Everything posted by Hendrick
-
Question For Don.
I would love to see that. Those recreations are amazing.
-
New Carousel Music roll?
I hope you're right.
-
2014 Plans?
A trip to Holiwood Nights is all but confirmed for this year. Also considering taking a trip around Pennsylvania to hit a few of their parks. (I've never been to Knoebels, Hershey, Waldameer, or Lakemont Park. Last year I went to Conneaut and Kennywood, and would like to hit those again if time allows.)
-
Freestyle Music Park: Does It Have A Future?
Nearly every ride from the park is for sale on that site.
-
The Bat that never was
I never knew The Bat was originally suppose to have inversions. Was the top photo (this) taken at Arrow?
-
The Bat flies again at Kings Island
Really happy and excited about the name change. Can't wait to see the trains and the repainted ride. Still excited to hear what is going on under the station, even if it is just a fastlane queue. Seems pointless to rip out the old queue if nothing is going to replace it.
-
Smoothing vortex.
Couldn't agree more. I was amazed at Phantom's Revenge, I kept expecting each turn to hurt. I was pleasantly surprised with how much I enjoyed that coaster.
-
Banshee Construction Progress
I must have missed it, but what is special about the restraints?
-
Starting to Decode 2014
I must have missed it, what is special about the restraints?
-
Starting to Decode 2014
Do we know the height yet?
-
Are we overloading the forum software?
I haven't had any issues with the forum, but I wouldn't completely roll out the host as the reason. I know neowin.net is one of the largest IP.Board, and they have much more traffic then us without problem.
-
Stricker's Grove - 7/9/2013 PTR
After going to the park, I'm wondering if it was simply primer, it sure didn't feel any smoother in that section. There were quite a few 5 gallon buckets of paint and/or primer by the hill. Tip Top was down all day.
-
Stricker's Grove - 7/9/2013 PTR
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1048114_628854733798844_131664068_o.jpg Noticed the one white section of track. Retracking? Also, thanks for the trip report! I always love hearing about people's experience at the park!
-
Stricker's Grove - 7/9/2013 PTR
He says the pirate ship was closed. Any pictures of it? Would love to see the progress! Also, this topic reminded me that Stricker's is open this week, so I'm going tomorrow! Can't wait! Honestly, I always end up having more fun at Stricker's then I do at any other park (with the exception of Holiwood Nights.)
-
NASCAR. JASON LEFFLER
Just saw this over at Jayski. Very sad news. Everytime I hear a driver is injured or killed, it reminds me how dangerous this sport is.
-
Diamondback seat sizes
Seriously? Are you really saying that "waist sizes are out of control" because there are rows on roller coasters that accomodate larger people? News to me.
-
HW: Matt Eckert named new President and CEO
Wanted to share what Dan wrote on Holiwood Nights Facebook page. He's really handled this well.
-
Starting to Decode 2014
There are a LOT of survey markers in that picture.
-
Wikipedia edits
By clicking "Talk" in top left.
-
Cedar Point to remove Disaster Transport & Space Spiral for B&M Wing
How long was the OSU day line? I might go next year if they offer it again.
-
Best deal for tickets
I haven't seen any discounted tickets for KI yet either. Trying to find one for a friend in late May, but I wasn't a Funperks member last year, so I didn't get the coupon.
-
Holiday World Hotel?
I stayed in Santa's Lodge last year for Holiwood Nights. It wasn't bad, but certaintly looked dated and the walls were pretty thin. We had WiFi, but then again we were the first room from the lobby. Most of the complaints I read about Santa's Lodge were the price. We used the group discount for 79.99 a night and for how close the hotel was, I thought it was worth it.
-
Early Signs of 2014 Expansion?
While I agree the footers (footings) don't line up like they should for a wooden coaster, I still think this is wood. There are too many of them (20) in such a small area. Also, compare the size of them to steel footers (footings), they look too small to be steel (Diamondback's are huge, and I305 all appear to be squares.)
-
I'm Selling My Gold Adult 2013 Passes
When I purchased my season pass last year at the park, I thought all they did was hand me a piece of paper that I took into the processing room to get processed. I don't think they took any information from me before hand.
-
Senior Citizens?
According to the website, same as the "junior" price. Source