Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

IBEW_Sparky

Members
  • Joined

Everything posted by IBEW_Sparky

  1. Copied and pasted for obvious need/re-iteration....... Edit.... and before said issue you are alluding to came to light, I ate at a CF-A... once. I was highly unimpressed. No different than a Chevy guy not liking a Ford due to an unsatisfactory experience with the quality of their product.
  2. All I will say.... and whether you, or anyone else likes it is immaterial to me.... is that most companies are at least smart enough to keep potentially volatile/unpopular views under wraps. There is a reason companies have Spin Doctors/Politicians aka P.R. Representatives, to avoid circumstances such as the one you are alluding to. Edit.... and before said issue you are alluding to came to light, I ate at a CF-A... once. I was highly unimpressed. No different than a Chevy guy not liking a Ford due to an unsatisfactory experience with the quality of their product.
  3. The loss of revenue couldnt happen to a more deserving company, good riddance to Chick Fil-A. Theres one good thing to come from the CP offseason. Edited for clarity.
  4. Ah, but the wannabe Peles will do so in droves, just as the wannabe LeBrons chuck handful after handful of dollars at the 3 Point Challenge. I am in full agreement with you as to its idiocy, but there is a "target audience" unfortunately. Now, as far as whats going on here, everyone has it alllll wrong. What they are going to do, is re-route WWC so the rafts take a mandatory float through a brand-spankin new body drier for the paltry sum of $40 per raft, collected at the exit of the ride.
  5. And his answer... "Park Management was unhappy with the ride experience of the Elephant Ear stand"
  6. You are correct sir, at least from my memories of m last park visit. Walk along the left side of I Street, and turn left at the Tower, and (last I remember) there was/is a funnel cake/elephant ear/pretzel/drink/etc stand first building on the left.
  7. I can promise you with utmost certainty, that the powers that be at CF parks have little to no concern on what we would "rather" do, unless the "rather" is also the one that makes them the most money. In this case, it isnt.
  8. My thoughts on the new tunnel are that its going to go on Voyage, where Thunderbird crosses over it.
  9. I hate how the typed word cant convey sarcasm, because if that is, I am just putting this up for educational purposes. If the two involved were indeed Contractors, then the use of metal detectors wouldnt be feasible or logistically possible. The article does not state it was a weapon (i.e. firearm, illegal knife, stun gun, etc) or a "weapon" (i.e. Crescent Wrench, linemans pliers, hammer, etc) that all Contractors have as their essential work tools.
  10. A farewell trip or two to KI and CP, likely with a fellow board member from Indy, and incognito to the rest. Also, a trip to Adventureland in Altoona, IA to experience Monster and to enjoy their two woodies, and this trip will likely also include a weekday stop at WoF to ride Prowler for the FIRST time, and refresh my good memories of Patriot and Mamba. I will be in Tennessee for the three Alpine Coasters, and to visit Dollywood the day after opening day as well. Beyond that, a stop at KD will be planned both on our drive to and from Florida during our trip down there to secure employment and housing, and then of course regular trips to WDW, BGT, and Seaworld once we are moved and settled.
  11. I think its Fast Eddie who needs the help (especially in the PR Department) and not Maggie. Its obvious I am not concerned in being allowed into KK for its next (last?) season.
  12. its a new "signature" ride at Cedar Point , they will make SURE it hits 1200pph, no matter how many power hours it takes, and regardless of guest comfort/experience/safety. Sparky, still not (and never will be) a fan of divers or power hours.
  13. And I seem to recall, in April of 2011 at KD's opening day, Your pass did not scan because it was from.... 1997*?!?!? Of course co-incidentally (?) that same day, the elder Mr. Kinzel was at that very park. *You would think they would at least have chosen a year AFTER CFs purchase of the park
  14. Actually, that is the big mistake a TON of self-defenders and semi-trained Security Officers make. A "suspicious character" is too blatant, it would be like parking a Ferrari in a parking lot full of Kias. As a former LEO, and big proponent of vigilant citizen awareness and self-defense, I drill into peoples' heads to look for the person who ALMOST fits in. The person who is actively attempting to get into a public place like a theme park isnt going to be walking up there with 2 Glocks in his/her waistband and a sawed off in his/her swimtrunk and towel bag. And while Im a fan of the detectors, my problem with them as a whole is that, I happen to have a Stun Gun that... unless the detector's sensitivity is turned up to a point that the guests will not accept as Terpy alluded to..... I can go anywhere with it totally undetected due to very limited metal content. Just food for thought. EDIT: In regards to your question of the effectiveness of Security armed with only pepper spray, it is what it is, a product designed to give the person utilizing it enough time to A) get out of the fight and to a safe place or B ) Give properly armed LEOs enough time to respond to the situation.
  15. Especially if you are a fan of tragic comedies.
  16. My years as a Construction Journeyman Wireman have made it so the very first thing that caught my eye was that the lift angle is the same on Valravn as it is on Millennium Force.
  17. But doing that would make no scents at all, unlike Soarin'. Sparky, bored on a Saturday, so I just HAD to.
  18. Remember, "People gotta eat". Im seeing this new train going down some old, unpleasant tracks as of late.
  19. There are two things that make lines acceptable or tolerable (I will never "enjoy" them) for me, and that is A)Someone that has come with me that I can carry on an intelligent conversation with or B)Headphones plugged into my phone and my Pandora account. The former usually works better in amusement park lines, as the person with me keeps me from wanting to break my foot off in the a** of basketball bouncers or line jumpers. Now, in the "parallel vs. serpentine" debate, the parallel system makes the wait "seem" shorter even if its the same. Id actually like to see a park attempt to have a queue for each row of seats on a roller coaster, with a separator at the end to distribute people away from the rows that are full at the time (usually front and back row).
  20. Sooooo, they change the restraints to make Maverick comfortable and re-rideable, and then they remove any possible chance for people to get multiple rides on it within an hour. Every choice that park has made since last season, has made me less and less inclined to miss being just a few hours away once we move.
  21. Im definitely going to be there on Sunday. I will not be attending Opening Day for.... reasons. Saturday will be my day to enjoy both Alpine Coasters, and NASCAR SpeedPark.
  22. With this news, I will stand and say I am happy for all of those who have wanted to see the park succeed. This is one hurdle cleared, and I wish a long future for your park.
  23. Right ON!!!!! The second paragraph absolutely nails it.
  24. jtro, I still get reminders from a pic that I purchased during Pride Night of... get ready... 2009!!!!!!!!!!
  25. Is a violation of the bankruptcy's stay (as well as possibly other State or Federal Laws) and such can be subject to penalties, up to and including a lawsuit.
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.