Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

IBEW_Sparky

Members
  • Joined

Everything posted by IBEW_Sparky

  1. A Holiday World discussion thread isnt right without having Pat in it.... Oh, wait a minute.
  2. Its actually a triple-down element within the tunnel, and that is the only thing that is altered by the MCBR. Once you get out of the triple-down, and past the very first rise after that, the ride experience is much the same as it always has been.
  3. IBEW_Sparky replied to medford's topic in Trip Reports
    Steel Venom was ALWAYS at Valleyfair!, and one that should be ridden. The rear spike has a holding brake at max height, and that alone makes it better by far than Wicked Twister. Steel Venom at Geauga Lake, was moved to Dorney Park and renamed Possessed. It also has the holding brake on the non-twisting rear spike. Also note, that Wild Thing is a Morgan hyper coaster, and is the predecessor to Mamba at Worlds of Fun. I LOVE Morgan hypers, and while quasi-similar to Magnum, the bunny hills on the Morgan hypers are insurmountably more comfortable than the pyramids that pass as bunny/airtime hills on Magnum.
  4. McSalsa, Voyage is running as wonderfully this year as it was in 2010! I cant even begin to say how happy I am with how it ran, and you are 100% on point about how lousy it ran in 2011 and 2013. I dare say (and I hate to) that in 2011, it was just like that turd Son of Beast, in that it HAD to be ridden in 1-1 to be tolerable. Now, as far as over-rated goes, nearly all of us know how parks win Golden Wallet awards.... so in THAT sense of over-rated I will agree. However, I will say from now until the day I die that Voyage does what its supposed to do, better than The Beast does what its supposed to do. If the penny-pinchers would lose the trim on the first drop, and maybe reduce how hard the one on the helix grabs, I might change my thoughts on that, but that will never happen (I am one of the few who tends to FULLY agree with the necessity of how hard the mid-course trim grabs). Im sorry, but both of those rides are supposed to give a completely out of control "this train truly feels like its wanting to come off the track" feeling, and Voyage does that better.
  5. Those who know, dont tell, and those who dont know, tell. This employee was likely just promoted from the Dippin' Dots stand.
  6. I was last there in 2013, and since I go to West Des Moines yearly to visit my Mother, I will most definitely be making a trip back to my old stompin' grounds next summer, before we make the big move to the land of the Rockies.... or possibly the land of the Mouse. its been WAY too long since Adventureland has added a coaster, and on top of that, they have one of the best tilt-a-whirls in the Country. It will be bittersweet for me to see the log flume go, but this is a very worthy (and needed) addition.
  7. Devils advocate here, and something that most should have thought, is the fact that they simply said "Very clever, Mac" which could mean nothing more than they were giving credit to the way he placed the RMC within the statement he was making. It may, or may not, have been alluding to them saying he was/is correct!
  8. THESE are what the trains on Rougarou need!!!!!!
  9. It sounds to me like a few execs created their own Golden Parachute.
  10. Kings Island 2016 breaking announcement.....The Year of the Paint: Sponsored by Sherwin Williams!
  11. Because that idea worked SO WELL the first time.
  12. Reminds me of "New Coke" from the 80s. Sometimes its better to just leave well enough alone, and when something is working, keep it.
  13. Could you even fathom being the Surgeon who had to perform that? I mean, I know they desensitize themselves to the things they do in their jobs, but still.
  14. A happening like this, would mentally screw me up in a major way, likely forever. The primary thought that would remain in my head would be "Enjoying the hobby that makes (made in my case) happier than anything else, just changed my body and my Life forever in a very negative way". I know, it would be a LONG time before I was a person anyone would want to be around.
  15. And you have the perfect location for a new luxury condo style resort, right beside the marina.
  16. From a flyover via the skyride, that cleared and fenced off area is nowhere NEAR large enough to accommodate anything resembling a dive coaster that would suit the likes of a park such as Cedar Point. It would, however, be large enough to accommodate a compact coaster... possibly one relocated from another venue....or the dark ride that I feel will be there.
  17. Ive yet to make the trek to NJFTP, I must do so, possibly next Summer.
  18. Malem, I will agree that row 4....sucks! Rows 1 and 8 are both good, with 1 being the best by a good margin. I hope those who have not ridden a floorless prior to Rougarou do not judge all by this ride experience, Dominator smokes it by leaps and bounds! Its absolutely fantastic!!!
  19. As a drag racer and go kart racer, sometimes we depend on our winnings from one weekends racing events to be able to afford fuel, tires, food, etc to make it to the next weekend...... Sparky, just pointing out things.
  20. And it was run FLAWLESSLY with the SFWoA/GL crews. That ride never, EVER stacked when it was there, that crew was like poetry in motion. As the passengers were sitting up in one train, the passengers in the other were reclining, like clockwork.
  21. You should hear the audio equivalent of bird cage lining that passes for radio advertising here in the Indy/Bloomington area. Best water park of 2014, indeed!!!
  22. Will T3 be operational before the end of Q3? Will it matter after 11/15?
  23. Are you sure thats not red ink, from the books??
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.