Everything posted by rcwizard13
-
Kings Island 2015 Discussion Thread
I don't need you to show me. I actually saw what you're referring to myself. My post is intended to mock us enthusiasts. Anyway, to upload a photo you first need to upload it to a third party site, such as Imgur or Photobucket, then you can post it here be copying and pasting its URL into the image box in the second row of the toolbar.
-
Shake, Rattle, & Roll is back!
Kings Island General Manager, Greg Scheid, has provided us the following picture from his Twitter account: Photo taken from Greg Scheid's Twitter account. I can't wait to see her all lit up at night.
-
Kings Island 2015 Discussion Thread
Three maintenance guys are driving in a truck through Soak City. Guy A: You know there are people who stare at the webcams all day that will freak out if they think something is going on. Guy B: Really, why would they do that? It's just annual maintenance. Guy C: Yeah, but we could really get them talking if we just stop in front of the webcam, get out, and talk for a minute.
-
Carowinds will be investing $50 million in the next three years!
^ Oh, wow! It opens next week already. Has this off season has been going incredibly fast for anyone else or is it just me?
-
Disney World updates
Not an update, but I read this really nice article on Theme Park Tourist earlier today about The ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter at Magic Kingdom. I know some on here likely already know all of this, but I found it extremely informative for the younger folk like me. http://www.themeparktourist.com/features/20150310/30034/depth-retrospective-extraterrorestrial-alien-encounter
-
Ideal Build-Out: Kings Island
^ Thanks for stumbling upon this. Somehow I had completely missed it as well. Fantastic work, yellowcorn. There's nothing I can say that others haven't already. If only you could be in a position to make it happen. I mean really all we need is for an independent company to buy KI out. That's not too far fetched, is it?
-
Ideal Build-Out: Kings Island
^ Thanks for stumbling upon this. Somehow I had completely missed it as well. Fantastic work, yellowcorn. There's nothing I can say that others haven't already. If only you could be in a position to make it happen. I mean really all we need is for an independent company to buy KI out. That's not too far fetched, is it?
-
Which Cedar Fair Amusement Park Do You Prefer?
I've grown up around Kings Island and it does indeed hold immense sentimental value to me, but I have to give my vote for favorite to the only other Cedar Fair park I have been to, Cedar Point. Even though I've only been there once, I think the primary reason I have to pick it is due to how much I enjoyed some attractions that I had known very little to nothing about before my trip. Blue Streak, Gemini, and Cedar Downs come to mind as prime examples of that point.
-
Adventure Expressions
your point is? B&M builds a lot of coasters and hasn't done anything innovative since the 90's everything we have seen of recent has already been done successfully by another manufacture decade ago.You're looking at innovative the wrong way. He doesn't mean innovative towards the whole industry, but rather among themselves. The rides Vekoma are building are the same ones they've been building for decades, whereas B&M is soon opening their first launched coaster and just their second giga coaster.
-
You Know It's the Off Season When...
When you're reading posts in the 2015 discussion thread and believe you are in this thread.
-
Kings Island 2015 Discussion Thread
Reading this post made me think I was in the 'You Know It's The Offseason When...' thread. I then momentarilly thought that every other post on the page was completely off topic.
-
Next New Ride?
The past does not predict the future. Especially when you're trying to look at the Kinzel era and use it to predict the Ouimet era.
-
Coaster conversions
You can't imagine why any place would want to change their classic wooden coasters, but you suggest Psycho Racer?
-
Kings Island 2015 Discussion Thread
The caption on that photo ("Opening Day, April 29, 1972.") is wrong. Opening day was indeed April 29, but that picture is from the grand opening on May 27. In addition, notice the rarity that is the park being open, but the fountains turned off.
-
Next New Ride?
I've always thought that where DA is now would be the perfect location for a GCI. Those dinos can't last too long, can they?
-
Inflatable Theater
I'm unsure of what extent to take the meaning of 'fans' in that post. rcwizard13, perplexed.
-
Cedar Point's Good Time Theatre to be removed
Thanks, now I can no longer read diversion without putting an emphasis on the "div."
-
Kings Island adding two rides and other improvements for 2015
Kings Island has posted the following Starbucks construction photo on Facebook: Photo: Kings Island via Facebook
-
Unknown coaster @ Miracle Strip
I found some pictures here: http://www.themeparksonline.org/tpoRides.asp?ID=5174&selYear=2002&sec=20000&ParkID=104 Click on the Additional Photos page for more.
-
Kings Island Chalk Drawings!
Woah! I saw this the other day and must of let the 9 foot part immediately leave my brain. I thought it was only 2-3 feet. It wasn't until I saw Bodda's tweet and noticed the outlet that I realized the true size. Awesome job!
-
Random Questions
Firehawk - There isn't a single ride in the park that has a worse combination of bad capacity plus good popularity. If I can avoid that long line, that'd be great. Other - I see this question way too much on this site and I have no clue what it would actually be. And I can't vote none because nothing lasts forever. Rivertown - This one is definitely a hard one for me. Oktoberfest and Planet Snoopy are the only ones I can really eliminate from consideration. Rivertown only rises above by a bit due to the one-two punch of Diamondback and The Beast.
-
Kings Island Inn & Conference Center closing soon?
- Watch the Golden Ticket Awards Live
Cedar Point's reign has ended. Europa Park was awarded best park.- Tony Clark: "major announcement on 9/2 at high noon"
"Ever wonder why you're not supposed to stand up on Mantis?" That, to me, gives you the answer. They're trying to get the media to run the story twice: once saying that 'Mantis gets squashed' and another when they announce the presumed floorless conversion with a new name. I'd just like to point out that the quote from the video is "Ever wonder why you're not supposed to step on a Mantis?" This is the tagline for Mantis that is also heard in the nostalgia video PhantomTheater posted. Watch the video again with " step on" in your mind and you'll hear it.- Next New Ride?
Memorial Day? I trust that you mean Labor Day. - Watch the Golden Ticket Awards Live