Everything posted by DJSkyFoxx
-
How much longer for Congo Falls?
Harambe approves of this message
-
How much longer for Congo Falls?
Or it could be the opposite and squeeze a few more years out of Invertigo to have "a kid friendly boomerang and a thrill boomerang"
-
Rocky Mountain Construction
Even if they didn't use the TRTR building for an RMC, if they could put something in there to give life and year round use back to it that would be rad. It's truly incredible how much dead space the park has from past attractions that they can use at their fingertips before they even have to clear out major portions of land for other attractions. I just want to see this building get some use again, The Vortex plot used and hopefully maybe someday the old SOB station find use again that doesn't just restrict it to Haunt activity. That would be my wish list and not in that order. Just hoping to see those areas receive some love before we see more attractions ripped out. Seeing how they were able to transform a relatively non-themed area into a vibrant mini-land ( AP ) it gives me hope to see more of that kind of energy being brought forward to hopefully the above listed and beyond sections of the park. And in no way do I expect any of this to crop up over night as these areas have been left vacant for some time now. But more time will tell.
-
2023 General Kings Island Discussion
If I had to guess they might be revamping it for new merch (Haunt/Winterfest gear) or maybe just redoing the way the page looks all together?
-
Cedar Fair and Vekoma
I can honestly say that Vekoma's designs and innovation have always been really cool to me. Granted the Vekoma of yesteryear is notoriously rough, they had the idea and the spirit. It's good to see they've grown up and shown out to be the company I have always believed they could be. And this small purchase of a family boomerang from them gives me hope for a bigger badder project down the pipeline with them. Anyone who has followed my responses knows I'd love to see a new gen Vekoma take the place of Vortex. It just seems fitting to have something that has hint of nostalgia with today's tech and smooth ride. I think if they were to do something like that it would be an instant hit and it would fill the void that has been left since Vortex's demise.
-
2023 General Kings Island Discussion
I just gotta say they really picked the "best" time to cut weekday ops out seeing as this is such an incredibly hot week I'm sure folks would have been thrilled to be able to utilize the water park.
-
KI Comms
This is all beginning to sound like a middle school math-word problem
-
2023 General Kings Island Discussion
Thank you so much for this!
-
Guests Say The Darnest Things
Anyone ever read Google reviews of parks for fun? Sometimes I like reading the negative ones just to humor myself on some of the ridiculous things people say. I recently read a negative review for Cedar Point and the individual was complaining that half the rides were not running and that they were upset because they had a group of students with them and such. The part that was funny was that they complained that the "Top Thrill ride wasn't even running" as if they didn't realize the ride is currently under construction( Signs and everything pointing to the new reimagined ride experience...) and couldn't even possibly run....let alone that is has been closed for two years Sometimes I really wonder how some folks get out of bed in the morning and function in society...
-
2023 General Kings Island Discussion
If anyone is in the park today, any updates on Banshee? I also heard about all three trains being parked on the transfer tracks so I was just curious if she was back up and running. Considering getting off work a little early tomorrow to enjoy a few hours of the last daily ops and was hoping to get a few rides on Banshee.
-
Camp Snoopy Arrives in 2024 at Kings Island
That's exactly what I've been rooting for. A next-gen Vekoma looper in The Vortex plot would pay homage to the past but bring forward a better experience. Aside from my hopes and dreams of this, its just nice to see them working together. Looking forward to seeing the updated area next season!
-
Camp Snoopy Arrives in 2024 at Kings Island
This gives me hope for Cedar Fair eventually giving Vekoma a chance to do a major install at some point if they are giving them a chance to do a family ride.
-
Dorney Park 2024
My fiancé' and I have been talking about making a trip up to Dorney because of their very self aware PR team's videos on TikTok and how funny they are. We have been waiting to see what this announcement would be and I will say that I have two sides of feelings. The positives being that it's great to see them getting a brand new major installation after so many years, the theming/story is creepy and cool and them getting a reliable coaster. The downside being that it is yet again another B&M. Nothing against B&M as they make great coasters, but it would be nice to see another player involved since there are so many other manufacturers out there doing rad stuff. Overall, I will be glad to hopefully make my first ever trip up there next year and check it all out.
-
What would be one thing you’d change operations wise?
And then in turn when folks see filthy walkways, that also ties into the perception of other areas like ride safety and food safety. The line of thought "if they can't even keep the walkways clean where else are things not being cared for?" and this image is bad as a whole which can then lead to further decline on attendance. It's just not a good look
-
Top Thrill 2! Worlds Tallest, Fastest Strata Coaster!! Coming 2024!
I quite like the hoodies. May consider getting one at some point!
-
2023 General Kings Island Discussion
I had seen folks talking about a free ice cream voucher and birthday pin last year on FB when I was still active on there and I wanted to check and make sure they still did it this year considering all these cuts they have appeared to make this year. On that note, I did get my pin and ice cream yesterday and I wanted to give a big shout out to all the staff who made my evening special. My fiancé and I managed to get a nice clear evening in, got a tastings card, did a few coasters, walked around and got a couple of new plushies. So the good and the bad about the food tasting card. The good being that you don't have to use the whole thing in one visit. As long as you visit during Grand Carnivale, it is valid so its nice that you don't have to get them all at once. The bad being that of the three tastings we got yesterday, only one of them was truly enjoyable. The panzerotti was the most enjoyable but we both agreed that the house made marinara dipping sauce was not that great so we opted to use LaRosa's pizza sauce instead which was the better choice. The krapfen di carnevale (berry cream filled doughnut ) was just disappointing. It looked so good in the photo but when we tried it, there was hardly any cream in it at all and it wasn't warm. I feel like had it been warmed up with more cream filling it would have been much more satisfying but it just didn't deliver which was sad. The blueberry bits were good and we mostly ate that part of it. And our last tasting we did of the night was the bang bang chicken. This again could have been so much better had it been grilled chicken with a spicier sauce. It was just very peanut forward and sadly just not at all what we hoped for. We didn't get to experience the parade last night due to weather so I can't give my personal opinion on the experience yet, but it does make me so sad to hear that it isn't the grand experience that they are selling it as. I would still like to see it with my own eyes despite the fact. I'll just say that I am grateful to the kindness from the staff last night and getting a peaceful evening with my human
-
2023 General Kings Island Discussion
Thank you kindly for the confirmation!
-
What would be one thing you’d change operations wise?
Keeping all of the drink stations opened. Granted I realize in recent times with the budget cuts and yada yada this isn't high on the priority list, but everyone constantly needs something to drink and having more locations open creates less waits and more options. Not to mention as a fan of fountain Cherry Coke, Tower Drinks has the superior Cherry Coke vs the FreeStyle. I wish Tower Drinks was open more often specifically for this reason and also because its right at the front of the park and makes sense to staff it more often. Oh well.
-
2023 General Kings Island Discussion
Silly quick question, does the park still give you a voucher for a free ice cream on your birthday? Thanks ya'll
-
Top Thrill Dragster Incident
I was honestly just thinking the very same thing in regards to the trains just sitting on the ground on their wheels without the proper support crates.
-
2023 General Kings Island Discussion
It did actually! It gave examples of the kinds of entertainment that folks might be interested in and they were seeking feedback on the interest level of different kinds of shows/night life type stuff. It was a really fun survey and I liked that for each example of possible entertainment they not only had the clickable options to choose from (IE: Interested, Neutral, Not Interested ETC ) they had an open opinion box where you could type out your thoughts. I really appreciated that as it allowed me to elaborate more on certain points.
-
2023 General Kings Island Discussion
- Rides Department Budget Cuts
Really saddened to hear this. I feel like KI always took pride in having a clean park so hearing this is disheartening. I would hate to see the midways not get cleaned after a super busy Saturday or after an event. Wow.- Top Thrill Dragster Incident
I think we all have a pretty good inclination of what's to come. If we are all thrown off by some crazy surprise I know I certainly won't be upset, but I will say this....I am just thankful they didn't tear the ride down all together. Because lets be real here, they easily could have done just that. They could have just washed their hands of it completely. Let it sit for a few years and tear it down ( like what happened with SoB ) or just took it down almost immediately. Instead they have decided to breathe a new life into it in hopes of still hanging onto their unique status of having one of only two strata coasters in the world. I am remaining optimistic and will definitely be giving the new Dragster a go. I will miss the hydraulic launch like crazy but I know that it will be a different kind of thrill when it opens.- 2023 General Kings Island Discussion
I received a survey a few weeks ago in regards to entertainment and what kind of entertainment I would be interested in. Did anyone else receive that one? My fiancé received the G&G survey and filled it out. I think it will be interesting to see if it returns for next season and if it does if any changes/improvements will be made. - Rides Department Budget Cuts