Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tr0y

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Tr0y

  1. It is confirmed she got the job via her new title on X: https://x.com/zpop7 Congratulations Elizabeth!
  2. I heard rumor today that KI’s very own Elizabeth Nadeau was promoted to a digital marketing position in the Midwest region. She will oversee KI as well as WoF.
  3. Magic Kingdom. The level of detail at Disney Parks is incredible. Also, it would be nice if Kings Island had more ticketed events. For the most part it seems they do one event a year. Coasterstock being last season and this year being the ACE spring conference. Once you have a decent amount, if not, all the season pass add-ons, there is really nothing else you can do to elevate your day at the park other than maybe purchase some snacks and souvenirs. KI doesn't offer behind the scenes tours, no After Hours, no dining with Peanuts Characters. I'll beat the dead horse of KI should also increase their season pass price to enhance the guest experience in the park overall.
  4. I would beg the differ. Giga Coaster, and Water Coaster were very much desired additions by the majority here. The park answered with Orion and River Racers. As far as what our expectation was and what the park delivered however, is a different story.
  5. Anything new implemented by Cedar Fair usually has a rough start. Prestige passes, All season dining plan, ect.
  6. I guess in a sense this now a decoding thread. The fact that a lot of the survey markers found have been in Coney Mall I’m assuming this will be the area that gets this addition. Without having to demo much these spots are were it would likely go?:
  7. If done tastefully. I think DC comics would be a welcomed replacement of Action Zone.
  8. Welcome to KIC Alex! Id like to see a big log flume in the old Vortex spot. Something like Steel Vengeance in Action Zone would be a great addition as well.
  9. Are you proposing a Giga or something like KI’s “Giga” for SFGA?
  10. Tr0y replied to super7's topic in Kings Island
    Its current location isn’t bad, it just lacks seating. They really should reuse the straw bales from haunt as seating:
  11. A multi record smashing GCI wooden coaster. Son of Beast 2.0?
  12. Tr0y replied to super7's topic in Kings Island
    The International Restaurant can then also be renamed to Mike’s Budget Buffet for Winterfest. ..On a serious note with the upgraded food offerings we have had this season. I’m hopeful that the buffet will follow suit.
  13. Tr0y replied to super7's topic in Kings Island
    Is the desert included with the buffet this season?
  14. CP’s Frontier Sling is currently being disassembled. No official word on why from CP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1988602284500537/posts/looks-like-something-else-might-be-on-the-way-out/9348629118497780/? If it’s being removed, how much longer before KI follows suit?
  15. I just filled out a survey for Cedar Point that asked about the importance of having an IP used for theming at the parks. DC comics was mentioned alongside Peanuts:
  16. Tr0y replied to super7's topic in Kings Island
    I’m not sure how much KK factors into having The Racer and SSBR operating for Winterfest this year at KI. Last season I visited BGW’s Christmas Town and KD’s Winterfest. KD was operating the same amount of coasters KI was for Winterfest in 2023. An hour down the road at BGW and they only had 3 of there coasters not operating out of their entire lineup. Also, Carowinds too was only operating a couple coasters. It will be interesting to see if the rest of the chain follows suit with having more coasters operate for Winterfest. Here are my trip reports: Regardless, having both The Racer and SSBR operating for Winterfest is a welcomed addition!
  17. I'm still a bit skeptical on if this is going to lead to the improvements with Comms department that people seek. Although to some, it can't get any worse. PR / Comms being ran through corporate, hundreds of miles away. I can't imagine we are going to see anymore involvement than we do now. Coupled with the digital content partner guidelines. I would like to think the park uses KIC as a tool. An advantage to KIC versus other pages such as the passholder group is you don't get the white noise of questions that are asked repetitively. Also, that the criticism is more or less constructive than personal attacks. Although sometimes we, myself included, fall short of that.
  18. With the “Giga” we got, and the “Water Coaster” we are getting. Mid-level is the new norm for KI.
  19. I think it’s still too early to tell. However, I will say the park experiences I have had this season is better than last.
  20. In solidarity.
  21. So it appears that we will not be getting an extra hour for daylight savings time at the park for 2024. I paid for my Gold Pass with All Park Passport, drink, meal and ASFL. The fact that they are not giving us an extra hour has me feeling robbed and therefore cheated. I did call Guest Services and there was no answer. Kings Island did not communicate this to me when I bought my pass.
  22. Positions are still available for those that are interested: https://jobs.cedarfair.com/job/charlotte/regional-manager-social-media-and-digital-content-midwest-region/42509/69749220096
  23. So what I take or at least expect is things won’t change from the current “hands off” approach of the current team.. I can’t imagine there will be more involvement now that PR / Marketing is being controlled from Charlotte. What will happen to Coasterstock?
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.