2024 Season Passes

KIfan73

On 8/10/2023 at 10:55 AM, Stoan said:

So to preface this, I live 13 minutes from the park, I go weekly at worst, my daughter and I often go after school, ride two rides, get dinner and leave. For me, it is worth the 400 bucks (200x2) to not wait in line and not have to fight parking at 5pm when I visit.

I am probably not the average user however.

I have mentioned before that Prestige should go away and they should just offer the benefits as an add-on to gold.  ie. $100 for vip access, $100 for preferred parking, $100 for 1 front of the line each visit, $100 for bring a friend, etc.  I think in the end they would end up making more money.  Some may see the value in just getting parking and/or front of the line but not the other benefits.  The park would end up ahead in my opinion.  For that matter, they could even offer passport options for $20 more like they are doing the dining plan.  Some may only want the parking for KI and not care about CP (ie. my wife and I only stay at the Breakers when we go so preffered parking would not be a benefit).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, robintodd said:

2 of my grandchildren had Platinum in 2022 and I downgraded them to gold in 2023 and their platinum passes still worked.  My wife and I still have our original platinum passes (the ones branded Kings Island) and they still work as well.  It's just a barcode at this point.  

I agree, whatever the front of the card says is now insignificant. All it is good for is a barcode.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I agree, whatever the front of the card says is now insignificant. All it is good for is a barcode.

Are you sure about the front of the card is insignificant?  Typically for early ride times, you must show your season pass at the control point inside the park (just show season pass and the card is not scanned a second time).  Since Platinum will be no longer a valid type of a season pass (even though the bar code may be valid on it) I doubt you would be able to use it to go through the control point for early ride times.  Security may be saying next season “sorry, not a valid type of season pass for early entry”.

56 minutes ago, Winterfestguy said:

Are you sure about the front of the card is insignificant?  Typically for early ride times, you must show your season pass at the control point inside the park (just show season pass and the card is not scanned a second time).  Since Platinum will be no longer a valid type of a season pass (even though the bar code may be valid on it) I doubt you would be able to use it to go through the control point for early ride times.  Security may be saying next season “sorry, not a valid type of season pass for early entry”.

The front of the card doesn’t actually identify if you even have a pass for the current year let alone the tier - there’s not a year like the old days.

For ERT, how’s that going to work? CP ERT is currently resort guest and Platinum/Prestige only.  Next year, that changes to Gold + Passport or Prestige.  How will your physical or virtual card identify your Passport?  Unless they plan on scanning passes to validate.  Historically, you’ve just needed to flash your platinum pass and proceed. 

3 minutes ago, jsus said:

The front of the card doesn’t actually identify if you even have a pass for the current year let alone the tier - there’s not a year like the old days.

For ERT, how’s that going to work? CP ERT is currently resort guest and Platinum/Prestige only.  Next year, that changes to Gold + Passport or Prestige.  How will your physical or virtual card identify your Passport?  Unless they plan on scanning passes to validate.  Historically, you’ve just needed to flash your platinum pass and proceed. 

They haven't thought that far ahead and will see this thread and be like whoops lol:P

Or maybe ERT is a thing of the past?

When I went to Cedar Point in June, you couldn't even enter the turnstiles as a ticket holder until the park officially opened. This is in contrast to what Kings Island does. Carowinds let's everyone in the park but you cannot pass a certain point until the park officially opened without a pass. Kings Island does it best letting everyone roam the park just requiring you to show your pass at any open early ride during the time. 

38 minutes ago, Orion742 said:

Do the fast lanes only work in 2023 or since I have a 2024 pass will it work next year as well? It says single use Fast Lane 2023.

If you're talking about the 5 you get for renewing/buying a 2024 passs, reading the info they are good for 2023 only and then only good this Tues (8/15), Wed(8/16), and Thurs(8/17) and Fridays and Sundays with the exception of Sunday, 9/3.

Remeber daily operation ends 8/17.

From the site:

Purchase between 8/10-8/13/23 and get 5 FREE Single Use Fast Lanes. Single Use Fast Lanes are valid 1 per day any public operating day 8/15-10/29/23, excluding Saturdays and Sunday, 9/3.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, robintodd said:

If you're talking about the 5 you get for renewing/buying a 2024 passs, reading the info they are good for 2023 only and then only good this Tues (8/15), Wed(8/16), and Thurs(8/17) and Fridays and Sundays with the exception of Sunday, 9/3.

From the site:

Purchase between 8/10-8/13/23 and get 5 FREE Single Use Fast Lanes. Single Use Fast Lanes are valid 1 per day any public operating day 8/15-10/29/23, excluding Saturdays and Sunday, 9/3.

Correct me if I didn’t understand correctly but I have to use them not on a Saturday or Sunday in 2023?

7 minutes ago, Orion742 said:

Correct me if I didn’t understand correctly but I have to use them not on a Saturday or Sunday in 2023?

You cannot use them on any Saturday.  You can use them on any Sunday except for 9/3.  You can only get one per visit, so you would have to come 5 times in order to receive all 5.

• Thanks 1

Two part question related to 2024 passes:

I'll be at the park later this month and am thinking about upgrading my single-day admission to a 2024 Gold Pass. If I do this, I will also go ahead and add the All-Park Passport.

1. Will I be able to upgrade my single day ticket to a Gold Pass that's good for the remainder of 2023 + all of 2024? I know upgrading a single day ticket to a regular Gold Pass is possible, but wasn't sure how this works for 2024 passes.
  2. If I am able to upgrade my single day ticket to the pass above, will the All-Park Passport also work for the remainder of 2023 + all of 2024? I'm eyeing a potential trip to Knott's in November, but it's only realistic if I'm able to use the All-Park Passport for this.

Wasn't able to find any information related to this on the website, so happy to save these questions for my visit next month if need be :)

Just like every year, season passes work differently depending on what park you purchased your pass from.  Many of the parks outside of Ohio already have their add-ons valid for use in 2023, including meal and drink plans.  But if you purchase a pass from Kings Island or Cedar Point neither the meal plan or drink plan is valid until 2024.

This includes a new premium drink tier that includes ICEE’s.  No one bothered to tell the employees at Kings Island.  Looking at the register screen while they checked me out over the weekend I confirmed the ICEE option does appear on the register.  Good luck actually getting one though.  Even when it shows up on the register they deny it is valid.

On 8/13/2023 at 8:54 PM, robintodd said:

From the site:

Can the Single use FL be used at any coaster that has FL available? 

Also how would I redeem it?

53 minutes ago, Orion742 said:

Can the Single use FL be used at any coaster that has FL available? 

Also how would I redeem it?

Yes any ride with FL.  You go thru FL and show the line greeter the paper and then in the station you give the paper to separator when they ask to see wristbands.

38 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Yes any ride with FL.  You go thru FL and show the line greeter the paper and then in the station you give the paper to separator when they ask to see wristbands.

I have a season pass and it’s digital so do I show the line greeter the season pass? Sorry I may have read it wrong.

2 hours ago, Orion742 said:

I have a season pass and it’s digital so do I show the line greeter the season pass? Sorry I may have read it wrong.

You first have to go to go anywhere you can purchase a FL (for example the booth to the left after you enter park) and show them your card or QR/barcode off your digital device and they will print your one time FL and you take that piece of paper to the ride and FL line.

• Thanks 1

On 8/10/2023 at 12:08 PM, jsus said:

There are 3 different routes you can go with all season dining....

image.png

Just catching up on this thread, and I have to say the above screenshot is a great example of how bad the current pass system is.  You can't read the full title of any of the options.  The pictures of food are meaningless.  The circle and square labels were added to try to make things less confusing.  There are too many options, you should never have to go to page 2 to see them all.

It should only show the options relevant to the current customer.  If that person is buying gold passes, it should only show gold pass options and nothing else. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pagoda Gift Shop said:

Just catching up on this thread, and I have to say the above screenshot is a great example of how bad the current pass system is.  You can't read the full title of any of the options.  The pictures of food are meaningless.  The circle and square labels were added to try to make things less confusing.  There are too many options, you should never have to go to page 2 to see them all.

It should only show the options relevant to the current customer.  If that person is buying gold passes, it should only show gold pass options and nothing else. 

That's what it does when you're building a 2024 pass - it shows you the Passport and Dining options relevant to that pass.  What's shown in your quote above is the general Meals tab.  Regardless, yes, a lot of the names for these add-ons do get cut off which is very annoying.  

What they should do, if anything, is have an option for pass upgrades after the original pass purchase that then filters based on your current pass type.  The one semi-exception is FastLane - with the price difference at most parks, you are offered to choose between opting just for your home park or for all parks.  So, if you had a Gold pass without dining or Passport, it would first prompt you with Passport, then offer the relevant dining plan.  And again, that's what the new pass builder wizard does - you select your pass type, opt for Passport (or not), then it shows you dining, FastLane, FunPix, drink plan, and any other relevant options.

1) Choose pass type.  Either use the comparison screen to select between Gold and Prestige, or use the drop down at the top to go directly where you want to go.

image.png

image.png

2) Fill out some personal details, choose how you will provide your mugshot, er, headshot

image.png

3) Decide if you want Passport

image.png

4a) Select your add-ons - not all parks will show you drink plans at this screen

image.png

4b) Select your drink plan (only some parks break it out into its own screen)

image.png

5a) Decide on a payment plan

image.png

5b) Review your payment plan contract (if selected), check the box, sign and proceed.

image.png

6) Review your cart, check the terms and conditions box, proceed to Checkout.

image.png

7) Click through yet another donation solicitation these days.  Hey, it could go to one of those charities, or something completely different...

image.png

8) Select your payment method and finalize your transaction

image.png

• Like 2