Hanna-Barbera Memories

Do you have any memories of anything Hanna-Barbera at Kings Island? When I was a kid I used to love Hanna-Barbera land and meeting all the characters and of course going on the Hanna-Barbera Carousel as well as the Yogi Bear Sky Ride. I also used to enjoy the shows that took place right next to the Top Cat Coaster, I remember a Scooby-Doo & Flintstones show. What are your Hanna-Barbera memories?

I remember riding the Enchanted Voyage a boat ride that went inside the building and featured Hannah Barbara cartoon characters and later was redone to the Smurfs.  This is the current Boo Blasters building.

• Like 4

As an 80s kid who loved the Smurfs, riding Smurfs Enchanted Voyage was a highlight of my childhood. I was so mad when they closed it down, even if, by that age, I wasn't riding it anymore and was the right age for Phantom Theater (RIP). 

I loved HBL. I miss the days when the Character Carousel actually had characters on it. 

I remember riding the original Enchanted Voyage as a very young kid and being in awe of all the lights, scenes and above all, a nice cool indoor boat ride in the heat of the summer. As a kid, it was one of my favorite rides next to my first coaster ever, The Scooby Doo! I was a huge Scooby Doo fan as a kid. I remember being so excited to ride both every time with my family. As the coaster fanatic I am, I can't believe I was actually scared to ride The Racer back then! My dad tried so many unsuccessful times to coax me to ride it. Ended up riding The Revolution at Magic Mountain as my first 'big. coaster. I realized then what I was missing!

I was actually disappointed when the Smurfs came along, but I got used to it. Of course, once Phantom Theater came along, I absolutely loved that ride and am still sad it's not there anymore as is so many others. So many past rides that I loved growing up with the park.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Skyrider said:

I remember riding the Enchanted Voyage a boat ride that went inside the building and featured Hannah Barbara cartoon characters and later was redone to the Smurfs.  This is the current Boo Blasters building.

Here is a photo from the archives.

image.jpeg

• Like 4

18 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

18 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

image.jpeg

Thanks for sharing this photo.  It was my favorite ride as a kid and loved the blasts of air conditioning throughout the ride on a hot summer’s day.