A Train from The Bat Being Repaired

Both trains only ran last Friday.  On Saturday it went to one train, and Sunday the ride was closed with the temp gates blocking the entrance/exit way and did not open again until yesterday afternoon with one train...

• Like 2

What has happens to ET ? Last weekend I understand with high winds but 5 -10 mph winds and beautiful weather and closed. Was closed on Thursday also. Where are all the conspiracy theorists?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jdf21972 said:

What has happens to ET ? Last weekend I understand with high winds but 5 -10 mph winds and beautiful weather and closed. Was closed on Thursday also. Where are all the conspiracy theorists?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was closed so much last year as well that people just come to expect it to not be running.  But hey at least it isn't as bad as Kings Dominion's Eiffel Tower!

• Like 2

Zamperla offered CF a multi-Intamin refurbishment package. Next year KI will open 2 Eiffel 2 Tower. When ascending, the elevators will use multiple launches a la Power Tower, except using LSMs, and it'll stop at the top, not the bottom. When descending, the elevator will perform a randomized program of ascents and drops like Tower of Terror.

• Haha 3

On 5/23/2024 at 10:09 PM, silver2005 said:

You know, with CF working with Vekoma again, Vekoma did create trains for an Arrow suspended coaster in England- Vampire at Chessington World of Adventures.

Maybe they could do it for Bat to give it some more life if it comes to that? :rolleyes: 

I said the exact same thing in another post on here in regards to our old pal The Bat lol 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, johnjniehaus said:

I personally am a huge fan of the gondola style trains and hope they never switch them out for anything else 

I am too. And have preciously shared this sentiment as well. But if the trains were to no longer be serviceable I would rather them put the Vekoma floorless styled trains on it rather than them tear it down all together. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DJSkyFoxx said:

I am too. And have preciously shared this sentiment as well. But if the trains were to no longer be serviceable I would rather them put the Vekoma floorless styled trains on it rather than them tear it down all together. 

Yes definitely. I hope that through the years Cedar Fair can keep at least one of their 2 arrow suspended coasters running for the next generations. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, johnjniehaus said:

Yes definitely. I hope that through the years Cedar Fair can keep at least one of their 2 arrow suspended coasters running for the next generations. 

You mean 3?

Bat, Iron Dragon, Vortex

4 if you count Ninja after the merger goes through. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, silver2005 said:

You mean 3?

Bat, Iron Dragon, Vortex

4 if you count Ninja after the merger goes through. 

Oops I'm sorry that was a typo. Yes Cedar Fair has 3 and once the merger goes through it'll be 4. I love The Bat but I also remember really loving the ninja at SFMM. The lift hill ending isn't great but I remember getting some incredible swinging action in the back row. Also a genuinely fun layout down the side of the hill, through the trees, and over the flume ride/pond area. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, CoasterJack said:

Still two train operations today, after 7 consecutive rides plus a few more sprinkled in, can say the squeaky swinging motion and loose seat are gone. Even got three zen rides, lol

I really appreciate that they take good care of our Arrow suspended coaster. I remain hopeful The Bat gets to take many many more flights over the years to come. Looking forward to going back and getting a few laps in myself this season.

• Like 3