Jump to content

Chef's Plate Returns July 9th 2024


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, CedarPointer said:

I'm confused why this would be a thing when they haven't even nailed down the regular food and beverage items yet. Can't help but think of the highly advertised chicken sandwich at Brewhouse that was budget cut after 2 hours but advertised online when purchasing dining plans for weeks after.

Maybe it'll be a chef's plate meal! 

But for real.....I'm wondering how many chef's plates will feature chicken tenders.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I honestly wish they went for a 6 pm start for events like this. I get off at 5 and have a 30 min commute if I work in the office so that would probably put me back to where I wouldn't be able to enjoy the dish. Also, isn't this the first Chef's Plate in forever now? I remember Major making this a big priority but unfortunately, we haven't seen it in a while. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Went tonight and after a 2 year hiatus the Chef's Plate did not dissapoint!  Got in line about 4:45 (line was at the first Starbucks door) and 10 minutes later, the line was to Grain and Grill.  I don't like tomatoes but these were very good.  The crab cake stole the show and the steak was tender.  (The line even started moving 5 minutes early).

Chef Perez said they will have one more next Tuesday and that will be it since Carnivale will be starting. 

(P.S. They have already started decorating for Carnivale!)

Kudo's to Chef Perez and the entire Culinary Team.  I for one appreciate the effort!  

Now if I could only get the Merchandising team to make a "Plate like no other" shirt :) 

20240709 Chefs Plate.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, robintodd said:

Went tonight and after a 2 year hiatus the Chef's Plate did not dissapoint!  Got in line about 4:45 (line was at the first Starbucks door) and 10 minutes later, the line was to Grain and Grill.  I don't like tomatoes but these were very good.  The crab cake stole the show and the steak was tender.  (The line even started moving 5 minutes early).

Chef Perez said they will have one more next Tuesday and that will be it since Carnivale will be starting. 

(P.S. They have already started decorating for Carnivale!)

Kudo's to Chef Perez and the entire Culinary Team.  I for one appreciate the effort!  

Now if I could only get the Merchandising team to make a "Plate like no other" shirt :) 

20240709 Chefs Plate.jpg

While I’m sure it tasted good, that looks like the kind of meal they serve prisoners who are being punished in solitary confinement. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

While I’m sure it tasted good, that looks like the kind of meal they serve prisoners who are being punished in solitary confinement. 

Exactly. Who is running food ops? There are so many things they could’ve done this season to minimize the reduction in portion sizes and actually make things “look” upscale. https://a.co/d/0c9xD23O

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, brenthodge said:

Exactly. Who is running food ops? There are so many things they could’ve done this season to minimize the reduction in portion sizes and actually make things “look” upscale. https://a.co/d/0c9xD23O

Honestly, it feels like the focus is on reducing dining plan usage, and they've totally given up on getting people to pay out of pocket for food. Seems like getting addicted to the revenue from selling cheap passes and dining plans in the fall is catching up with them- it gives me sort of a "pyramid scheme" vibe where it only works as long as enough people keep joining. In this case, they were relying on people to buy dining plans and not use them, and now that stopped working in their favor so they're panicking.

I don't think it's a corporate issue, since a lot of these issues don't seem to be the case at other parks. For example, other parks added additional Icee machines to keep up with the demand from the new premium drink plan money grab. KI didn't add a single one, and when people complained, they claimed they would be adding more (which somehow hasn't happened months after the fact) and put up signs pointing out the comically small number of locations that actually carry Icee. How come they could throw together a new "human claw" money grab in only a couple weeks, but the new Action Zone drink stand was aborted half finished and seemingly put off until next year? Coffee tends to be more hit or miss at other parks, but if they're going to carry it throughout the regular season, why have it mostly only available at locations that are never open or open at noon or later? Why are there multiple drink stands that are basically never open, including one of the two Freestyle locations, but the excessive number of bars added this year are seemingly always open?

While management at KI was never great, at least it used to not feel like they were openly hostile to people trying to redeem the things they paid for in advance. I really hope there are some major management changes before next season, because I don't think the current atmosphere of ramming through constant new money grabs while cutting everything from the guest experience they possibly can will be sustainable for much longer. It's not a good sign when non-enthusiast, "normal" guests loudly complain about how bad the park experience is this year.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As long as people buy the passes, plans and spend money in the park, they likely will continue to do what they do.

If they focused instead, on elevating the experience while raising prices, many of the problems they have would get resolved as the people who don't spend money go elsewhere and people who do have the money to spend, spend money.

Saleem, as much as he's mocked, had a good idea.  He just didn't implement it well.  Elevate the experience, then raise your prices. He wanted to move from Walmart customers to target customers.  Kings Island should strive to move from a aldi customer to a whole foods customer.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...