The Mysterious House In The Train Fort That Cannot Be Torn Down

BoddaH1994

I’ve never watched your podcast before—it’s really enjoyable.

I’m with Ryan that the requirement to not tear down the house seems like a weird thing to request. I wonder what the original sellers’ thinking was on that? I’m guessing it was some sort of homestead that had been in their family for a long time.

I have a feeling that requirement would have a difficult time being enforced at this point—first of all, someone from the original sellers would have to care enough to mount a challenge. Plus, KI has been sold three times since the original Taft Broadcasting land purchases—I doubt if that stipulation was included in the sale to Carl Linder, then the sale to Paramount, then the sale to Cedar Fair.

But, I guess at this point, what’s the point in spending the money tearing it down? It’s hidden away from view inside the fort, and it gives the park a nice bit of folklore (not to mention you guys a fun topic for your podcast :))

• Like 2

12 hours ago, jzarley said:

I’ve never watched your podcast before—it’s really enjoyable.

I’m with Ryan that the requirement to not tear down the house seems like a weird thing to request. I wonder what the original sellers’ thinking was on that? I’m guessing it was some sort of homestead that had been in their family for a long time.

I have a feeling that requirement would have a difficult time being enforced at this point—first of all, someone from the original sellers would have to care enough to mount a challenge. Plus, KI has been sold three times since the original Taft Broadcasting land purchases—I doubt if that stipulation was included in the sale to Carl Linder, then the sale to Paramount, then the sale to Cedar Fair.

But, I guess at this point, what’s the point in spending the money tearing it down? It’s hidden away from view inside the fort, and it gives the park a nice bit of folklore (not to mention you guys a fun topic for your podcast :))

I think they could get away with it now, but if it’s hidden in a fort and no one can go in there then why spend the money to tear it down at this point?

I didn’t completely believe that clause either until Dennis Speigel said that he believed that it was true.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, super7 said:

If they are going to to do any work in that area, they should clean up yo overgrowth on the fort. 

YOU of all people, are advocating for removal of vegetation at a Six Flags park?  I NEVER thought I'd see this day! :) ;)

• Like 1