Kings Island Halloween Haunt 2024 Reviews

IndyGuy4KI

Whoever had the brilliant idea to put a loud horn on i street as an interactive station didn’t realize a lot of people eat on I Street. The horn is annoying, way too loud, and for some reason will play constantly for 1 minute straight which makes enjoying your meal on i street extremely uncomfortable. 

I enjoyed my time at Haunt tonight! Here's a short spoiler-free review:

The new scare zone is well themed and full of actors, the lantern points look great (even though I don't plan to buy one), I was thrilled to see an old "friend" from Haunts past at the game station in Rivertown, and there was an abundance of fog — always a big plus in my book! I wasn't able to go through any mazes tonight, but I'm looking forward to seeing what they're like compared to previous years. Most exciting surprise of my night has to go to the new Tower Gardens overlay. Part of me is wondering if the park is done setting up, but if they are I'm still super excited to come back next week! I also had my 33rd meal at a legacy CF park tonight at Tom & Chee and was super thrilled with the niceness of the associate and the quality of the food!

With those praises being sung, I was not terribly happy with some things I experienced. Take this next part with the knowledge that I saw some of the first shows of the first night and that things will (hopefully) change! The music in the shows was far too loud! In fact, I looked up the price for some noise-reducing ear buds right after the second show I saw because I don't know how much more my ears can handle of it. The shows also felt like they were not very coherent and needed more of either a plot or a throughline to connect the songs together. In my mind, that's something that cannot be fixed without rewriting at least part of each show. One show in particular rubbed me the wrong way, but I can't quite figure out why (sorry). 

All in all, I had a wonderful first night of Haunt and have high hopes for many more!

28 minutes ago, robintodd said:

Nice to see "kiddie haunts" returning to the park.  Nice to see the space not wasted during the day.

Would be nice if that space was used year round for something like this (better if it was used for a ride, but at least this would activate the building and not have it sit like a big eyesore)

I am a new gold pass member, and I used it for the first time for opening night of Haunt. I had went to Haunt in 2019 only to ride rides, and was absolutely miserable. We had been there on  a Saturday before Halloween, and we had been there for 9 hours and only rode 3 rides. It was packed and there was several fist fights.

I was hesitant returning to Haunt, but I was so PLEASANTLY surprised. I had NEVER ever been in a haunted house before, so I did two for the first time last night! I did Hotel St Michelle, which I really liked! I was a little worried about feeling claustrophobic, but I felt like there was plenty of room to get through and enjoy. I liked that the scareactors scared you there, but they weren't really up in my face as bad as other spots. I also enjoyed it being back in the old Days of Thunder building, I think. I had never been back there before, so that was fun. I felt the same way when we went through Madame Fatale's. I got a little more panickey during the line of Madame Fatales, but I think I was really hot and overwhelmed. It was a fun house though! There is a heavy strobe effect in it, so if that effects you, just be aware!

We got to walk on Diamondback and Mystic Timbers, and we also got a ride in on Adventure Express. That ride is FUN in the dark! Also I got my FIRST NIGHT RIDE EVER on The Beast!!! HOLY CRAP!!

Also we stayed for the closing scaremonies and I highly recommend catching that before you leave. It is epic! This was my first day using my gold pass and it's perks, and I am really thankful for it. It was a fun night!

459824815_507237265505144_5655925884687263963_n.jpg

460563014_507237405505130_7562290537179297264_n.jpg

460610291_507236888838515_4137961297037211666_n.jpg

460668945_507237365505134_5348913192652425036_n.jpg

460884215_507164962179041_8765612096765944045_n.jpg

• Like 1