Kings Island Halloween Haunt 2024 Reviews

IndyGuy4KI

Went with both grandkids on Sunday (my 9 yr old grand daughter is not quite ready for the Haunt) and had a great time.  We rode 4 rides and spend most of the time watching the shows and doing the lantern scavenger hunt.  For as much fun as the Haunt activation spots are the Tricks and Treats is just as enjoyable.  

Fine job again KI.  

• Like 1

For those wondering how the lantern works. You have to aim these bulbs (circled in red) at the activation point. (Orange circle). There is a reset button (circled in blue) that you can press if you would like the prop to play again. I would recommend doing this. Also for those wondering where the locations are, there is a QR code at the bottom of the lantern that you can scan that directs to a website that has a map as well as directions to how the lantern works.

Interactive Lantern Map: https://qr1.be/AUFA

IMG_4381.jpeg

IMG_4382.png

• Like 2

On 9/20/2024 at 7:46 PM, brenthodge said:

So, this is a thing…

IMG_0220.jpeg

So I'm genuinely curious, is this haunt maze just open all day now? Is it a haunt maze that has been toned down for kids? Or is this sort of a behind the scenes type of tour of this particular maze much like they did with Hotel StMichelle during the ACE Spring Con? 

22 minutes ago, johnjniehaus said:

So I'm genuinely curious, is this haunt maze just open all day now? Is it a haunt maze that has been toned down for kids? Or is this sort of a behind the scenes type of tour of this particular maze much like they did with Hotel StMichelle during the ACE Spring Con? 

They did this a couple of years ago.  It's lights on and no scares so appropriate for kids.  Very interesting especially for those of us who remeber Tomb Raider the ride.  I beilive this is the first year I've noticed the "ice" on the celing not there.  CP has done this in the past.  It takes less people to operate and allows guests to view the house with the lights on.  My favorite at CP was the old HEXED (now Midnight) house.  It is beautiful.  Of course they are limited in what houses can be open because of gore (Slaughterhouse would be a no go for example.)

If you have a lantern there are several activation points that are used (1 or 2 are in the line).  I'm assuming those points are also active during Haunt.

• Thanks 1

On 9/23/2024 at 8:42 AM, robintodd said:

I'm aware you comment may be in jest but I feel it is important to support things the park does that is good.  I get an extremely good value out of my season pass, drink plan and meal plan.  I figure conservatively I have saved over $600 on drinks and food alone, that kind of savings allows me to make additional purchases in the park.  So many times I've read on this forum that people are "voting with their dollars" by not purchasing things that are not worth it as a way to send a message to management.  For example I didn't participate in the food for grand carnivale because they eliminated the tasting cards.  By the same token I strongly believe in supporting (voting with my dollars) things management does that are very well done to send a message to do more of this.  Plus have a great souviner.

BTW, I was told (and I found it to be accurate) that in order to activate the lantern spots make sure the side of the lantern that has the haunt/Kings Island at the bottom faces the activation point.

Again, kudos to management for going above and beyond the lantern definitely has my vote.

It was said in jest. I'm sure it's a good product for those that find value in it.

I'm the opposite of you.  I have found less value in my pass this year. The park has seemed to settle in a period of mediocrity this year and last year.  That could be park level mandates or corporate mandates, I don't know and don't care. It's not the ki that I've known since I started this hobby several years ago. Ive only visited twice this year and spent zero extra dollars. 

It's all very subjective, but until I get the tug at the heartstrings, I don't plan on coming back anytime soon. I've planned several national park trips next summer and will go to the Christmas event at Kentucky Kingdom this year instead of WinterFest.  

It could be that anything after 2022 is a disappointment because that was arguably the best season in ki history. Or it could be that seeing the discourse about Kings Island politics here and elsewhere online removes the magic. Or it could be that I need to step away and come back with a fresh perspective in a year or two to reignite the spark.  Who knows?

4 hours ago, BeeastFarmer said:

It was said in jest. I'm sure it's a good product for those that find value in it.

I'm the opposite of you.  I have found less value in my pass this year. The park has seemed to settle in a period of mediocrity this year and last year.  That could be park level mandates or corporate mandates, I don't know and don't care. It's not the ki that I've known since I started this hobby several years ago. Ive only visited twice this year and spent zero extra dollars. 

It's all very subjective, but until I get the tug at the heartstrings, I don't plan on coming back anytime soon. I've planned several national park trips next summer and will go to the Christmas event at Kentucky Kingdom this year instead of WinterFest.  

It could be that anything after 2022 is a disappointment because that was arguably the best season in ki history. Or it could be that seeing the discourse about Kings Island politics here and elsewhere online removes the magic. Or it could be that I need to step away and come back with a fresh perspective in a year or two to reignite the spark.  Who knows?

I understand your statements and can see where you're coming from. 

I have always and will always love KI.  I've been going since I was 3 when it opened and have numerous memories thoroughout the years. Living 20 minutes away from the park I go about 50 times per year and use my drink and meal plan every visit, therefore my value is greater than others.

My resurgence for the park has increase with taking my grandkids (now up to 6) and seeing the park for the first time through their eyes.  It completely changed my perspectiveon the park.  I find myself fortunate to be able to share a place that has been so special to me with them.

I like my Grandkids so much, I wish I would have had them first. :)

• Like 2

So I went to haunt opening night and why in the name of boocifer was boo blasters closed???? The one "haunted" ride closed during Halloween? Ridiculous! Last time I checked boo Blaster is technically international Street not Planet Snoopy except when it comes to staffing haunt I guess... Out of curiosity was it open sat during haunt or can we expect it to be closed consistently during haunt?

Having said that the atmosphere was there, got a couple good jumps by roaming monsters. I thought the costumes and roaming scare actors were very good and very plentiful! Lines were short and I got some great night rides on beast, bar, Adv Ex, Dback, Orion, and Banshee. Got Racer before it was totally dark. 

23 hours ago, johnjniehaus said:

So I went to haunt opening night and why in the name of boocifer was boo blasters closed???? The one "haunted" ride closed during Halloween? Ridiculous! Last time I checked boo Blaster is technically international Street not Planet Snoopy except when it comes to staffing haunt I guess... Out of curiosity was it open sat during haunt or can we expect it to be closed consistently during haunt?

Boo Blasters is run by ride operators under the Planet Snoopy jurisdiction. When Planet Snoopy is closed for Haunt, Boo Blasters is too. To my knowledge, its been that way for years.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Klabergian Empire said:

Boo Blasters is run by ride operators under the Planet Snoopy jurisdiction. When Planet Snoopy is closed for Haunt, Boo Blasters is too. To my knowledge, its been that way for years

Good to know... Maybe I've never actually gone over to try to ride it during haunt (busy getting my coaster night rides). Still think it should be open though just saying. 

10 hours ago, Klabergian Empire said:

Boo Blasters is run by ride operators under the Planet Snoopy jurisdiction. When Planet Snoopy is closed for Haunt, Boo Blasters is too. To my knowledge, its been that way for years.

There was a time where it was open during haunt. They even put Scareactors in the ride during that time.