Flashback Till Opening Day 2012

TOPGUN1993

^I envy every past & present employee that had that much fun at a summer job. :)

I really enjoy all my current and past years working at Kings Island! I have worked in all areas and I must say, River Town was always so peaceful and full of trees and shade. I made lots of friends and still remember my friends working as a "litter getter" back in 1972. I have vivid memories of my work experience but I must say one of my most vivid ones was when I was working in HB in the 93 when I had a little boy literally run up my back leg! I won't go into the time I was stuck in quicksand or muck up to my chest back in 1974 while working grouting the monorail forms. We had fun and it is still fun to this very day.

They just put new shingles and a new sign on it. Nothing all that unusual really.

Yeah but the roof looks to be at a steeper angle in the older picture.

I"m sure that's just the angle the picture was taken at in each picture that gives you that illusion. Just think about how they'd have to alter (either raise or lower) all the support structures w/n the building including how it ties in w/ the chimney in order to alter the angle of that roof? Not only would that be relatively costly, I don't see what benefit would be gained by doing so.

Awesome picture. Was the area outside the exit of Top Gun ever as full as shown in that picture? haha

When the ride first opened I remember that area being pretty packed.

Photo #94 - imagine the wait times if this had fastlane.

M7lQ2.jpg

Back when I had ride every ride no matter what I waited about 2.5 hours for this hunk of junk, Too bad the themeing wasn't like the concept art.

I'm guessing, judging by all the trees, that that photo was taken prior to Timberwolf being built.

The Screaming Demon was originally in the existing Amazon Falls area when Timberwolf was constructed. They had to shut that ride down during performances because of the noise factor.

Awesome photo. I believe that that picture was from when the park shut down King Cobra after there was a death on Shockwave at Kings Dominion. (Right around 1999 or 2000, I believe).

As always, excellent photos, Paul. I look forward to #98 on Monday!

Just to the left of the Ice Cream stand in the Action Zone. The exit to the ride was just to the left of th current exit for Delirium (to your right as you exit Delirium). Before the Action Zone overhaul in 1999, King Cobra used to exit directly into a gift shop.

Probably ^

Photo #97 - Photo #98 and stuff will be posted on Monday

L8xtw.jpg

That sign always means doom. King Cobra, The Crypt, and Son of Beast all have been pictured with the sign in front of the entrance. Two have been axed so far, and the third most likely will be gone soon.