Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

It's going down,

I'm yelling timber...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How the Marketing team hasn't used that song for a Snapchat post already is beyond me. Or is a song from 2013 considered outdated for them hip young cats that frequent the park?

• Like 13

I suspect the comment about the picnic table is a joke referring back to a comment made by Don. During Coasterstock someone asked Don about the work being done behind the fence. His response was something like "Well it is big enough that if they put some picnic tables there it would make a good location for a break area for employees".

Which is fine because nothing about his statement is untrue.
  • Like 6

I suspect the comment about the picnic table is a joke referring back to a comment made by Don. During Coasterstock someone asked Don about the work being done behind the fence. His response was something like "Well it is big enough that if they put some picnic tables there it would make a good location for a break area for employees".

Don is very good about not lying. He often does not or cannot comment on something, but he will typically just flat out say so.

We keep trying to find hidden meaning in tweets, snap chat, etc. So far I am not convinced there has been any actual honest hint hidden in any communication from the park. It does feel like it has been designed to make us jump to the wrong conclusions.

• Like 3

Don is very good about not lying. He often does not or cannot comment on something, but he will typically just flat out say so.

We keep trying to find hidden meaning in tweets, snap chat, etc. So far I am not convinced there has been any actual honest hint hidden in any communication from the park. It does feel like it has been designed to make us jump to the wrong conclusions.

I immediately thought of Ride Sally Ride and their denying that it was to mess with us.

Marketing departments and PR do lie. Right or wrong, it's pretty intertwined with the work, and hopefully there is no real harm done by the lies. According to Kings Island PR, The backwards side of The Racer (affectionately referred to here as recaR) was turned around to bring The Racer back to it's original form; it was a nostalgia play.

This cover story is certainly more marketable than "The manufacturer of the trains has changed it's recommendations for the safe operation of the ride which we must follow under Ohio Law, even considering that The Racer ran backwards safely for the vast majority of it's existence to this point."

I remember news outlets running with concluding that Diamondback was going to be a dive coaster entirely based on the construction of the splash. 

And don't forget Mr. Spiegel's always valuable speculative input. He said what became DB might be a dive coaster back in 2008. I wonder if he truly doesn't know anything, which I really doubt given his position and connections in the industry, or if he is just there to throw people off.

I'm not knocking the guy, more his bad speculation. His story about Lion Country Safari is the best!

• Like 8

What if this is all just for a path back to a new picnic area?

If that were the case, I don't think there would have been axes sent to the local news, nor would there have been a coaster layout on the plans filed with the city of Mason.

Never mind.  I misunderstood your post.

• Like 1

I went back and got a better look at the "table" and the tall structure next to it, after noticing the two seemed to actually be connected. They are. Unfortunately, without seeing it in use, I still couldn't figure out what it might be for.

The bar at the top, as well as the vertical supports for it, are pretty spindly looking, or I would think it was a leverage point to raise something using a winch attached to the table.

The table/structure is in the clearing behind the train station. You can see it best from about the second car of the train, parked in the station. It can also be viewed, distantly, from WWC's queue.

66bf5aac0c85db38eced8e0de5b199ca.jpg

Some of the piling work:

e0c5c5f4403282b324e4c974a4657e3f.jpg

60024d3fba8fc27b45ae2eb06d154fc7.jpg

In the background are sheets of, I think, particle board, spray painted in pink with the word "HOLE", I assume to keep workers from falling into the holes they already drilled.

One actually says "HLE" with a peace sign replacing the O, but I don't think that is a clue so much as a sentiment.

• Like 12

I also heard him say at Coasterstock that there would be a lot of disappointment when People find out it's all just for a path being built.

• Like 5

Why would plans be filed in an office if there were no plans to do that which is allegedly planned?

Aren't the primary purposes of required filings to allow governmental inspections, ensure taxation and give required public notice?

Why would any filer unnecessarily subject themselves to all that?

Are some posters here actually thinking a park would file plans it had no intention of executing?

Really?

Terp, who:

* Likes to ask questions.

* Learns the darnest things here.

• Like 17

Why would plans be filed in an office if there were no plans to do that which is allegedly planned?

Aren't the primary purposes of required filings to allow governmental inspections, ensure taxation and give required public notice?

Are some posters here actually thinking a park would file plans it had no intention of executing?

Really?

Terp, who:

There is a small portion of the plans that are labeled work area. The rest could be faked to throw enthusiasts off. Rumors were those weren't the real plans to start with if I remember correctly.

• Like 2

Really?

Terp, who:

Just asking based on previous comment from psyco.. I won't believe anything until I either see track being installed or the official announcement, which ever comes first.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Really?

Terp, who:

There is a small portion of the plans that are labeled work area. The rest could be faked to throw enthusiasts off. Rumors were those weren't the real plans to start with if I remember correctly.

With all due respect, this has to be about the silliest, most inane thing I've read here this week.

Parks comply with the law. They don't do silly things that would not be legal to mess with "enthusiasts."

Even when teasing a new attraction, so called "enthusiasts" are not a major factor.

Attitudes like that expressed above are why so many in the industry find enthusiasts a bother that must be dealt with, not an asset.

• Like 22

Really?

Terp, who:

With all due respect, this has to be about the silliest, most inane thing I've read here this week.

Parks comply with the law. They don't do silly things that would not be legal to mess with "enthusiasts."

Even when teasing a new attraction, so called "enthusiasts" are not a major factor.

Attitudes like that expressed above are why so many in the industry find enthusiasts a bother that must be dealt with, not an asset.

I find this whole discussion silly just like the park they are about, but to each there own.

• Like 4

Really?

Terp, who:

Exactly. We're so much less important than we think we are. We make up a such a miniscule percentage of the park's yearly attendance that it wouldn't matter if we discovered the plans. We're not their main market. We're nothing but a vocal (often times, TOO vocal) minority.

• Like 10

To all on the forums here, my comments are here to not cause anyone distress or to harm the enthusiast community but to ask questions of what others are posting from their experiences of the next great additions to the park. I am an original first year attendee of the park that I love more than the others I have experienced throughout the world in which I have been fortunate to travel. I don't get to the park much but try at least once a year to experience the new rides and attractions that have been installed since my last visit. I look forward to the postings of others who do have the opportunity to be more in the loop and value everyone's postings and opinions. I love the teasers from KIPR and would never intentionally do anything to cause harm in my comments so take that for what it's worth.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

• Like 16

I think maybe someone higher up has given the train spielers a bit of a talking to, or possibly at least one of them has been reading this thread.

Last night when I rode the train, just before the Rivertown station, he pointed out the construction and said "that's where they're rebuilding....* That's where they're building a new coaster. I don't know its name yet, I just work here."

* he seemed to legitimately stop himself from repeating what they've been saying about rebuilding Son of Beast the past several times I have gone.

• Like 18