Decoding 2020

fryoj

Well, guys and gals, this. is. IT! 1 more day until we know everything (well, at least the main details). It's been a crazy fun ride, even with the bumps in the road. I'd like to give a shoutout to @collin.klopfsteinand @Hawaiian Coasters 325 for keeping us engaged with CSF track photos and renderings/mockups of the new ride (also @DustinTheNow and @Magenta Lizard for their contributions :D). As I said before, I'm really excited about this thing and I think it'll be really, really cool. For those who attend the announcement, have a blast and drink plenty of water (I heard it's supposed to be humid tomorrow); I'll hear about it in the morning on the interwebs.  

Finally, I leave you with some hype music:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Kodistict said:

I agree, i'm glad I get to mark this thread as my first.

same here man! its been a great time, i love this community, and now i plan i actually being active a lot more throughout the year!

• Like 8

[mention=8137]MDMC01[/mention] You missed [mention=1259]Captain Nemo[/mention], myself, and a few others. 

Do you not get enough thanks and praise already? Everyone is more than thankful for the pictures you’ve been instrumental in providing to this site over multiple years and threads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, DonkeyKong said:

Do you not get enough thanks and praise already? Everyone is more than thankful for the pictures you’ve been instrumental in providing to this site over multiple years and threads.

Captain Nemo and the others are primarily the ones I was mentioning. 

• Like 4

My bad! Can’t forget our spy plane captains! Yes, thank you gentlemen for getting aerial shots. And my apologies if I missed anyone else; a lot of us contributed in valuable ways! 

And I also have to say thanks to Six and his pilot because theirs were the first aerial pictures I saw and really could see the layout and get a great understanding of the whole area. Thanks also to Captain Nemo for a huge portfolio of high definition photography at KI as well as at CSF. Thanks to all those who provided great shots of the area from the Eiffel Tower and for those who spent the countless trips to CSF to keep us updated on the track progress.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Rallyomalley said:

I wasn't trying to hate on you.  It just seems like the hive dive is more of a speed-bump.  No offense intended.

Lol. Of course. I’m not offended in any way. I was just explaining that the heights of each element are correct according to the blueprint. The Brake Run is 825.7 ft high MSL, and the Hive Dive is 835.7 ft MSL. (The station base is 740 ft MSL for comparison). F458CAE9-A183-4880-BCD6-542A6DF73D28.jpeg

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DustinTheNow said:

Lol. Of course. I’m not offended in any way. I was just explaining that the heights of each element are correct according to the blueprint. The Brake Run is 825.7 ft high MSL, and the Hive Dive is 835.7 ft MSL. (The station base is 740 ft MSL for comparison). 

I may be tired, it's been a long week, but what does MSL stand for... 

30 minutes ago, DustinTheNow said:

Lol. Of course. I’m not offended in any way. I was just explaining that the heights of each element are correct according to the blueprint. The Brake Run is 825.7 ft high MSL, and the Hive Dive is 835.7 ft MSL. (The station base is 740 ft MSL for comparison). F458CAE9-A183-4880-BCD6-542A6DF73D28.jpeg

So does that really mean the brake run sits 60'ish feet above the station?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wolf Like Me said:

So my buddy caught a glimpse of the crew testing the equipment again tonight and this popped up on the screen! Could it be?!? :o

SPOILER ALERT

SPOILER ALERT

SPOILER ALERT

DTTZ4PN.jpg

:lol:

Did you guys actually put this up or is it photo shop??:lol:

• Like 4

3 hours ago, DustinTheNow said:

Final POV! Enjoy it guys! This should basically be what the park releases tomorrow! The only unknown is the name, honestly. Again, give it a watch, like and subscribe for more great coaster content and analysis. @BlueFireCoaster

How many elements would one say this has? 

• Like 1

Does anyone think tomorrow morning they'll have one final clue for the news media? Heck! Maybe tomorrow will be WCPO's turn. Maybe John Matarese going?

100% because we haven't seen what's in the 3rd box by the fence. Didn't John Matarese say he was supposed to go Monday and had breaking news instead? So if not him and channel 9 then maybe FOX 19

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

In all seriousness, just like you, I was trying for a little while to see if I could find a page on Kings Island’s website for the new ride that had not been made public yet, but I was unsuccessful.

Just poured through the sitemap and there is nothing there, they are definately keeping it unpublished until after the announcement

I did come across a page for VIP tours.  Has this been a thing?

****Edited****

I just looked through the last couple of pages and noticed this!!!

https://bit.ly/1e1EYJv

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, upstop said:

The other boxes had a clue and a box of mints too... lol 

Notice how the drop is what’s being marketed already, not the height. Just more credence to the 285’/301’ theory. A bigger drop is more important than height as far as ride experience is concerned anyway.

• Like 10

• malem locked this topic