Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 09/07/2012 in all areas

  1. 9 points
    Fact: This is not a movie about Terpy: Another Fact: This is not Terpy:
  2. 7 points
    I always pictured Terpy as this:
  3. 5 points
    Fact: This is not Terpy, either (at least I think so): Hey, 2,500 posts. Confetti! Everybody daaaaance!
  4. Stay strong my friends. Those who cannot be there will certainly be thinking of the family & all of you.
  5. FanofFirehawk, if you're talking about the cave and expedition ruins, they could easily slap a new story on them and reuse the props. You walk into a cave, the home of wax figurines and sideshow oddities. You look around yourself, waiting until it is your turn to see the excitement for yourself. Look around, darkness. It is apparent the cave has seen better days. Cobwebs are everywhere, strung around the now-visible support beams supporting the cracking, structurally unstable cavern ceiling. You even find broken wax moldings and torture devices scattered around the base of the walls, surrounded by rubble, lit by an eerie red glow. You enter an open area, flanked on both sides by aged, daunting wax figurines. At the head of the room, you find a partially boarded up wall, ripped open from the inside. Once past the boarded wall, you come face to face with Madame Fatale herself, welcoming you to her Cavern of Terror. She explains the backstory of how she came in to the business, and she sends you on your way. Now, that was a bit over explanitory, but my point is, with a few minor prop switchouts, you can in essence utilize the same theatrical props.
  6. I hope that book isn't about physics or engineering. :/
  7. Dave, I would also like to thank you for putting together your tribute, it is obvious that you had some great times with Keith.
  8. As cliched and cheesy as it sounds, that's actually the best method of scaring people (minus simply going RAWR). The quick in-and-out is key when dealing with a haunted house, because you want to not only scare them, but scare them QUICKLY. It's also done so as to keep your audience's suspension of disbelief in check; ergo, they'll be more afraid of something they only get a glimpse of rather than an extended period of time. If there's a situation when a monster is in view of guests and stalking, it's more used as a distraction so another monster can pop in and out and catch the audience off guard. The other key aspect of haunted houses when it comes to scaring is scaring FORWARD. You need to keep guests continuously going forward so as not to cause multiple groups to crash into each other in a section. Therefore, most scares are directed at the middle or back of the group. This is why you hear so many people offer advice in the guise of being at the front of the group if they are scared. Of course, people are inclined to not be front and center when walking through a haunted house, and believe the middle to be the safest. That brings me to the final point in this mini discussion that's more out of place in the current conversation than a vampire at Olive Garden, which is that none of what I just said is laid in stone. Why? Because people are SCARED when they come through a haunted house. It's our JOB to weed out and find those in the group that are the most scared, even if that means splitting up the entire group to get to the one person, or even if it's the ENTIRE group that's scared. Happy Haunting...
  9. Thanks Tgg. We will
  10. well, todays the day, im not really ready for this.
  11. Don't mention this to some people.They will still make an attempt to convince you SoB could be seen falling apart while traveling 20+ mph from a considerable distance. I wonder where those folks went? hmmmmm.....
  12. A simple like cannot express the gratitude for putting this together, Dave. He looked so happy, jolly, and carefree in each photo, even when he was diagnosed. Thank you so much for putting this together. While we may mourn the loss (and that is quite alright!), also be glad each and every one of you got the chance to know him, whether it be through his posts or personally. He obviously touched many lives in such a positive way. As an astronomy teacher once said, "The biggest and brightest stars die the fastest."
  13. I wonder if Sonny remembers how to do the wobble since it's been so long.
  14. If we're talking about coasters wobbling, then let's throw this for a loop, shall we? FTW, not making a Son of Beast pun, actually. All structures do that; our perception of it just depends on what force is causing it and what its magnitude is. There are videos of tall Japanese buildings swaying widely during the earthquakes in 2011.
  15. I don't think riding a coaster twice in a row counts as "marathoning"...
  16. 2 points
    The Beast Diamondback Flight of Fear Firehawk Invertigo
  17. Guest
    ^They can't clear out the tables because of Potato Works? They clear out all of Action Stunt Crew Grill for Slaughterhouse. If they wanted to close Potato Works and expand Tombstone's line, they definitely have the option.
  18. 2 points
    Many unique and interesting facts can be found in KIC's history section http://www.KICentral.com/history/facts.php
  19. Me either-but here we are
  20. I agree with others as well. Great collections of pictures! Thanks for posting that Dave!
  21. It's time once again for the leaves to begin to fall from the trees, the sun to set earlier, and for zombies, freaks, psychopaths and monsters to again occupy our favorite family-friendly summer hangout. That's right - it's time for Halloween Haunt! New attractions include: Madame Fatale's Cavern of Terror - Madame Fatale is finally free! She just passed her final psychological exam and she's finally being released! She's looking forward to going back to work. In honor of the reopening of her museum of wax and oddities, she's put you on the guest list... and all of her friends will be dripping mad! Blood Drums - A new show in Action Zone in which you will feel the pulsating power of rapturous misfit drummers in this percussive blood bath of rhythm and music! It's a punk rock stomp! Returning attractions include such bloody favorites as Cut Throat Cove, The Slaughter House, Club Blood, and the smash-hit vampire musical revue Hot Blooded! Is blood and guts not your thing? You can enjoy some of Kings Island's major attractions into the late hours of the night during Haunt! Attractions such as Diamondback, The Vortex, Adventure Express and the legendary Beast will be open until 1 am on Friday and Saturday nights during Halloween Haunt! For tickets, hours, direction, and some pretty messed up imagery, check out Halloween Haunt's 2012 web site at the address below: visitkingsisland.com/haunt2012
  22. 1 point
    Its that new fangled contraption that makes movin' pictures on my magic screen-ee-mo-bob!
  23. Boddah1994 and I were talking about abandoned amusement and water parks last night. As some of you know, I tend to like those things. In Greater-Cincinnati we had a few of our own: Surf Cincinnati LeSourdsville Lake/Americana A few years back though, while researching some of this stuff, I came across a peculiar abandoned amusement park find. In the middle of one of the world's "greatest" amusement parks is an abandoned water park from their past. Until its demolition, Disney's River Country sat idle since its closure in 2001: Image via: This Excellent Thread I was telling Boddah1994 about the River Country story and he mentioned to me that Disney had an abandoned resort "somewhere in the Caribbean" that was disused due to ships having a problem reaching it. I've been searching all day trying to find something about this, but can't seem to come up with anything. Anyone have any idea what he was talking about or know more about abandoned Disney?
  24. While looking at some other videos on the Youtube about Kings Island I have found such 1. "Are they taring it down?" on a SOB video on a day at Kings Island 1. "Where is Bubba Gumps?" 2. "What is this racket that they are playing?"
  25. Yes. No longer in violation.
  26. Fall my favorite season of the year. Football, bonfires, and getting the s*** scared out of me at Haunt! I'm getting pumped just typing this!
  27. I don't think you realize how popular Potato Works is in Rivertown. Prior to it being used for Slaughterhouse, Stunt Crew Grill barely stayed open in the post-season. Plus, having an eatery that's right next to a queue line for a haunted house (now two with Cavern) is an excellent sales opportunity as people get hungry/thirsty while waiting in line. Now I don't recall how crowded the seating is for Works during Haunt, but if push comes to shove, then you are, in fact, right about at least clearing the tables for Tombstone. Peeps just have to sit elsewhere (there's still all the seating behind Rivertown Funnel Cakes).
  28. The Sundays during Haunt's timeframe. A best kept secret, except in Beagleville.
  29. TheCrypt: It's pronounced fuh tal. With the tal rhyming with pal.
  30. Slaughterhouse has original ideas, not just a poprawr. I might try Mysteria this year. I have one night for Haunts, one night for rides. I would truly love some Ripley's Believe or Not thrown into the waxworks. If there's a RBON in my vacation zone, I'll go to it immediately. I love their architecture. I love the sideshow atmosphere.
  31. So, no small wrestlers this season?
  32. Fog smell, no joke. I just love it, and it's so distinct (to me) that whenever I smell it, I know I'm at Haunt.
  33. My first time was when I was 6 years old at the 1982 worlds fair in Knoxville Tn. I was so excited to be tall enough I could hardly believe I was getting on. I have searched forever for the name of that coaster but I can't find anything. I remember it being something like the Python at Coney. When the ride was over I went running down the exit ramp towards my parents. It was very hot that day and with the combination of adrenalin and dehydration I passed out. Lol. Only time in my life I have ever fainted. I woke up in an on-sight clinic. But I was hooked! I now live in Mason and ride as much as I can. You can find me at K.I. Almost every weekend. With my 8 year old son of course.
  34. I just surfed and found the following videos related to the implosion of the Rocket.
  35. The first drop on Son of Beast wasn't that great. The big one a little bit later was good though.
  36. "When orange comes to a complete stop, I'll release your lapbars and you can exit towards The Racer. Thank you for riding Shake, Rattle & Roll and enjoy your day at Kings Island." *orange still spinning* "Any day, now, orange." .... "Orange! Stop spinning!" ... "Yes! Now that orange has stopped spinning, I can let you go."
  37. And I'm not gonna cancel the chocolates. Someone's gotta eat 'em.
  38. Ugh, guess I'll have to call the priest back and tell him the wedding's off
  39. Yeah, I hate using formulas in Mrs. Rossa's class, too.
  40. And what is Flight Deck? A scrambler?
  41. Then there are those of us whose favorite coaster is Maverick (but only in the front seat)...what Millennium Force wants to be as it grows up and gets more sophisticated. I love the toaster elements in the Millennium Force station, I'll give it that.
  42. I was so sad to hear about Keith's passing. It was an honor to know him. This just shows how fragile life is. I cherish the times that I spent with him. We first met in line for Diamondback, I was wearing my KIC shirt with my user name on the back. He was in the next row over and introduced himself to me. It was a few months later until we met again at the Gravity Group tour & bowling afterwards. You could tell he was a caring father, who loved being with his sons. He was so proud of them, and it was so fun to spend time with them at the park. We would often talk about our kids' first times on rides, and how we couldn't wait until they were tall enough to hit the next height requirement, their first rides on Beast, and so on. I was one of those in that group that MF2000CMH spoke about above on opening day last year. I don't know how we decided it was Keith's fault that the rides kept going down. I think it was because until we met up with him, everything had been running smoothly, but then after we met up the rides started going down. It became a running joke all year, and he took it in stride. When I first heard of his cancer diagnosis, I thought "he'll make it." After all, my sister had made it through hers and I knew Keith would have the right attitude to help him through. I had a goal during Coasting for Kids, and that was to get over 100 laps on Racer. But when I saw Keith there, I just had to get off and spend some time with him. It had been too long since I had seen him, and I wanted to see how he was doing. It was difficult to understand what he was saying at times, but he still kept his sense of humor. When he was discussing how he couldn't eat and on a feeding tube that bypassed his mouth and throat, Avatar asked, "So what's your favorite flavor?" We all laughed, including Keith. I didn't make my 100 lap goal, but I said even then that it was so worth it just to talk to him again after so long. And sadly, that was the last time I saw him and talked to him in person, outside of KIC and Facebook. It was so good to see him continuing to post on here, and on Facebook, and keeping up on his KIC fantasy NASCAR team. I assumed things were getting better for him, so it was a shock when I got the text from rotag yesterday telling me that he had passed away. I feel for his wife and kids, losing their husband and dad at such a young age. We were close to the same age, and had gone to neighboring high schools around the same time, but it took this site to introduce us. Cherish your time with friends and family, they may be gone too soon.
  43. And just who is to pay for all that bandwidth? FaceBook is ad supported. How is its stock doing?
  44. And anyone who believes a ride is only worth riding or considered "thrilling" if it's at a set height, speed, or style should not be allowed to consider themselves an enthusiast, either.
  45. Oddly enough, I'm getting nostalgic about the loss of Disaster Transport. (I've never seen Space Spiral open even once in the visits I've had between 2005 and 2011. I haven't made it to Cedar Point this year.) It wasn't the most thrilling ride, and I didn't love it that much. For some reason, though, rides like DT, CCMR, Magnum, Gemini, Wildcat, Iron Dragon, Corkscrew, etc. all tend(ed) to define CP for me, at least in the years I've known it. That's not to say that Millennium Force and Top Thrill Dragster aren't great rides--don't get me wrong. (Millennium's one of my favorite steel coasters, as a matter of fact.) I just think one of the things I liked the most about the place was that you have super-modern record-breaking rides like those, but then you've also got these really unique rides from the 60's-80's that are part of how Cedar Point got its current reputation. Maybe I'm the only one to whom that matters, but it's part of what I enjoy about the place. That's also not to say that I'm not excited for Gatekeeper, either. I really like the name and creative use of the ride's location. (Name haters, let's face it: the ride's an adornment for the front gate. Cedar Point's got this reputation as the coaster park in the Midwest, at least with almost anyone I've ever encountered who knows about the place. Having a coaster built into the entrance of the park is a no-brainer.) The wing coaster style is practically unheard of around here by the average park guest, and it looks like it will likely eat through lines, which is something Maverick, which seems to me to still be riding its "newest coaster in the park" popularity, is lacking. Or here's hoping Gatekeeper pulls some the lines away from that ride, anyway. I guess what I'm trying to say is that this is bittersweet for me, much like the removal of The Crypt.
  46. 1 point
    I am and you're done.
  47. (If someone wants a B and M hypercoaster, can we at least have Nitro or Goliath???)
This leaderboard is set to New York/GMT-04:00
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.