Ok, I’m a bit late here, but I decided to finally write a PTR for the day. Me, my mom (DiamondAceExpress) and my sister stopped in the Great Wolf Lodge parking lot to get some photos of SOB. Hopefully you notice a different in photo quality, as I now have a 5MP camera on my iPod instead of a 0.7MP camera.
All it has though is a digital zoom.
We now headed to the other side of the lot.
No longer existent.
Flight Deck’s train’s sleeping on the lift.
We now drove over to the park. We got there at around 9:40. When we got out of our car, we saw that Matthew (malem) took our spot we usually go to for ERT. Anyways, we walked up to the front gate.
I waited for the park to open, and I also saw Jonathan (jcgoble3) inside guest services. I later heard something like someone who works at KI saw one of Jonathan’s posts on KICentral about how he was able to use more than 1 FUN Perk or something. Then they made his pass invalid, and he had to pay whatever the ridiculous fee now is to park. I may have had that story not completely accurate, but it’s what I could remember.
At 9:58, the National Anthem played, and then we headed for Diamondback. I walked right on to Diamondback, and I already forget who I rode with. But, I ended up riding a total of 5 times until I had to get off. All were chilly rides, riding threw the wind. I got off and headed for another ride on Diamondback. Also, I found this in DB Trading Post.
Sweet! I walked onto Diamondback for 1 more ride. It was a nice, cold ride on Diamondback. When I got off, I attempted a Panorama of the Diamondback station.
On my way to the Eiffel Tower for rope drop, my dad found us. He didn’t come because he said he wanted to sleep in. So, it was I, Matthew, the other Matthew (dad), my sister Lucy, DiamondAceExpress, and Jonathan at rope drop. We agreed on heading to FOF when the park opened.
Here’s another attempt at a Panorama.
So, we all walked to Flight of Fear. I think we got 2nd ride of the day. It was a lot of fun, as always. We then headed to Firehawk, except it was only the men, while Lucy and DiamondAceExpress didn’t want to go on. We walked onto Firehawk.
We went into our “Flight Positions” and stayed there. And stayed there. And stayed there. And then we found out “We are experiencing a minor technical delay”. This was only my 2nd time being “stuck” on a coaster, the first being on Lost Coaster Of Superstition Mountain at Indiana Beach.
The Firehawk crew was nice and making sure we were all ok. My dad was texting my mom and it turns out they were riding Racer and Dodgems. We waited about 20 minutes, and we were finally raised. We decided to wait it out, as I thought it wouldn’t be too long until it would run again.
After a test ride, we got on.
We safely had a fun ride on Firehawk. We ended up meeting up with DiamondAceExpress and Lucy again and headed for Delirium. Delirium was a walk on, and a fun ride. We now wanted to head to Drop Tower, but it was closed, and would be closed for the rest of the day. I had my FUN Perk for Xtreme Skyflyer, and decided it might be good to use it while in the area.
I was able to ride with Jonathan, who paid the $5. Unfortunately for the others, they waited about 15 minutes until we finally got on. This was my 2nd time riding Skyflyer, and Jonathan’s ?? time. But, for both of us, it was our first time actually riding with somebody.
We got on, and soon headed up to the top. I heard “3,2,1, fly” and pulled the ripcord. We free-falled to our doom, but the rope grabbed us just in time and we flew over Action Zone. We flew around for a minute, and then returned to the ground. A great, thrilling ride on Skyflyer.
At this time, we were getting a little hungry, and decided to head to Rivertown Junction, hoping it wasn’t closed. But, it was. It was about 20 minutes until the 1:30 tower drinks meet up, so I suggested a quick ride on The Beast, so that’s what we did.
The Beast was a walk on, and another great ride on the world’s longest wooden roller coaster. We now headed to Tower Drinks for the group photo. There was a bit of people there, including Don Helbig. Don talked with us, and also mentioned taking us all on a FREE Beast tour at 3:00. That sounded great, so we were looking forward to that. IndyGuy4KI and his kids found us. He mentioned Beastie1980 is almost here, so we waited for her to come.
She came about 10 minutes later, and joined us in the picture. We asked Don to join us to, because he is a KICentral member, so he did. My dad took the photo. Then, Beastie1980 and her mom joined us to go to Hanks. I used a 30% off food voucher for our whole purchase. I scanned my pass, as nobody else cared anymore, and got a free Dinosaurs Alive! Ticket. I was unable to use it nor give it away in the day.
We headed to the Festhaus to eat where it was warmer. I ate my taco salad and we watched part of the Graveyard Shift. The Crypt finally, after all these months, snuck up on us and said hi. We told him about The Beast tour, and soon it was actually time to head to that.
We met up with a big group in front of a fence, and Don let us in.
This is pretty cool.
An offseason fun idea. Whenever it snows, sneak back behind The Beast, brink a sled, and sled down the hill next to The Beast’s second lift.
My last attempt at a Panorama. Beastie1980’s head got chopped in half.
I've "Posted more Images tha I'm allowed to", so Part 2 should be here in a few minutes.